Goal Siren/Horn

BuffaloBorn

Less is more.  Just the main horn, please.

Yes.  Or...

As long as we hear it a whole friggin lot more next season than we have the past two, they could use this horn and I wouldn't care.

...imagine how much that would piss off the opposing team.  They need to do this next playoff series.

Why did the Sabres do away with this goal horn? Too me it was way cooler and more intimidating than the one used in recent seasons. I'm not talking about the son I am talking about the siren.. it brings back memories. What do you think?

Do the Sabres still use a horn after they score? :unsure:

Kind of like Swamp's idea of having a really annoying one.

Do the Sabres still use a horn after they score? :unsure:

Kind of like Swamp's idea of having a really annoying one.

Can you imagine that clown horn as the floodgates open against the Bruins?

Please do this.

Edited by dudacek

On my internet wanders, I've found that each team's siren/horn is pretty special to a lot of fans. I think my personal favorite was the Colorado Avalanche's siren for a couple years that was an actual avalanche warning klaxon. A little too sinister/chilling for a family friendly sports event. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xk_uu1p_Oc

The horn, I believe, is the same one from the Aud. They brought it over when the arena opened.

That's cool. But my post was in jest, as Dudacek caught it, and was geared towards how can we possibly tell what they do after the Sabres score as for the past 2 years they "never" score.

• 2 months later...

On hockey hotline they were just saying there is supposed to be an 8-song bracket up on sabres.com, open to fan voting, to decide a new goal song for the season.  Couldn't find it on the website though....

Edit: whoops, I guess it's here: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=107670just saw the new thread on it

I'm surprised Swords of a Thousand Men is up there, that's awesome. I haven't listened through the playlist yet, but I hope they use this cover instead of the original:

I'm surprised Swords of a Thousand Men is up there, that's awesome. I haven't listened through the playlist yet, but I hope they use this cover instead of the original:

Yeah, a little grungier. And bagpipes! Cool.

As for the horn, we had a long post a while back talking about alternative horns. Something nautical sounding was my idea, I think. Some big ass lake freighter.

On hockey hotline they were just saying there is supposed to be an 8-song bracket up on sabres.com, open to fan voting, to decide a new goal song for the season.  Couldn't find it on the website though....

Edit: whoops, I guess it's here: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=107670just saw the new thread on it

If it were my choice, I'd go w/ The Offspring. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.