ROR Impaired Driving Charges Dismissed

Brawndo

fair deuce.

(the joke i was sorta trying to make is that they'd have been better off having his intro press conference right away, so as to avoid having this as the central talking point.)

I know.  I was going for my best GoDD impression.  I've got my tin foil hat on for this one.

So tim horton drives back to buffalo drunk and crashes his car and kills himself and ROR drives drunk and crashed into a tim hortons.

It's like Lincoln and Kennedy all over again.

Apparent RO'R Sabres bucket list:

1. Bigger contract than Hasek. Check. :thumbsup:

2. Stupider alcohol - driving - cruller incident than Hasek. Check. :doh:

3. Win 2 more playoff games than Hasek in a single playoff run. Let's hope he nails that one as well. B-)

Sometimes if you don't laugh, you're gonna cry. :wallbash:

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa##################################.

From wiki...  DUI laws in Canada

A person convicted for any drinking and driving offence (which includes a refuse to comply offence) faces an automatic Canada-wide driving prohibition, and either afine or jail sentence and the possibility of probation.

The minimum sentences are:[14][15]

• For a first offence, a $1000 fine and a 12-month driving prohibition,
  • For a second offence, 30 days of jail and a 24-month driving prohibition, and
  • For a third or subsequent offence, 120 days of jail and a 36-month driving prohibition.

Drinking and driving offences are prior offences for refuse to comply offences, and vice versa.[14]

If no one is killed or hurt, and the prosecutor is proceeding by summary conviction, the maximum sentence is 18 months of jail. If no one is killed or hurt, and the prosecutor is proceeding by indictment, the maximum sentence is 5 years of jail.[14]

If another person suffers bodily harm because of the offence, the maximum sentence is 10 years in jail.[14]

If another person is killed because of the offence, the maximum sentence is a life sentence.[14]

If a person is convicted of both impaired operation/care or control and operation/care or control with a BAC in excess of 0.08 percent, the defendant can only be sentenced for one of the offences (the prosecutor chooses which one).[16] The same does not apply if a person is also convicted of a refuse to comply offence.

A province is allowed to set up special ignition interlock device programs specifically to limit criminal driving prohibitions. Not all provinces have such specific programs, but if they do, and a person is enrolled in one, then they can drive during their prohibition period with an interlock device, beginning as follows:

• For a first offence, 3 months after the day of sentence,
  • For a second offence, 6 months after the day of sentence, and
  • For a third offence or subsequent offence, 12 months after the day of sentence.

Driving otherwise while on a driving prohibition is a criminal offence.

I recall Bob Probert having border crossing issues for awhile after being found guilty of cocaine possession.  I wonder what problems may arise from a DUI conviction.

I really enjoy how impaired driving is viewed as a joke to many people here. Maybe some of you should be so lucky to have someone in your family killed by a drunk driver. 

In my case it is very much gallows humor.  I expect, and support, if he is convicted that he be fully punished for it.

And all of it would be justified if the reports are accurate.

I don't think you should say that without knowing exactly how far apart the dots are to be connected ;)

I really enjoy how impaired driving is viewed as a joke to many people here. Maybe some of you should be so lucky to have someone in your family killed by a drunk driver. 

I suspect many here have. Not everybody deals with tragedy the same way, and it's really not appropriate to judge without knowing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.