SDT: Sabres Prospect Scrimmage Blue and Gold Tonight

Brawndo

At only $10 a pop though, and with all the people they have to hire to work at the arena, could they actually lose money on this game?

I don't think it's planned as a money maker. Wouldn't the people working already be employed by the Sabres?

Edited by nucci

Wouldn't those jerseys be bought'n anyway?

Possibly. But the infectiousness of the crowd will drive some sales that never would have been made. Plus, there's a value to having some schmuck's $200 in July rather than December. (That's when this one will probably be buying the kids' Christmas Eichels. :))

I don't think it's planned as a money maker. Wouldn't the people working already be employed by the Sabres?

That's kinda my point. For those complaining about not being able to see the game, that it's a slap in the face or this is about money,... c'mon. My gin and tonic will taste just as tasty, sitting on my back deck, and not watching the game on this beautiful summer day.

That's kinda my point. For those complaining about not being able to see the game, that it's a slap in the face or this is about money,... c'mon. My gin and tonic will taste just as tasty, sitting on my back deck, and not watching the game on this beautiful summer day.

There we go.

Holy tempest in a teapot batman.

That really depends on what kind of gin and what kind of tonic.

Oh, hell yes. 

Come to think of it, skip the tonic in mine.

That really depends on what kind of gin and what kind of tonic.

It really doesn't. It's all good. Although lately I've been mixing half tonic and half Schweppes lemon lime seltzer with my gin. Tasty and not as sweet.

Just called to ask Bulldog why no broadcast. Producer said he didn't know and hung up. Maybe it's a common question today. But it's striking me odd that they aren't even mentioning that fact. Just pumping up how amazing is all going to be. I hope Chz can shed some light on this. It can't be just an oversight.

If it is not streamed I don't think you will all be seeing me for awhile.

Oh good Lord. It's D Camp. It's booooorrriiinnnngggg. Except for the highlights you'll see later. Jeesh I'm not even going.

I understand the frustration for out of towners though.

Anybody else have a feeling Jack Eichel isn't going to do much this scrimmage and fans will leave disappointed?   Seems like expectations have been set way to high for this.   A sold out arena in July to watch an 18 year old kid?  I have no doubt he'll be great someday, but the hype for this skate is just a bit over the top IMO, and that often backfires more often than not.   

That is why you complain folks.  Especially with the crap we have had to put up with the past few years.  

(this also goes to show you how they could do this on such short notice......)

Good job for making it right Sabres.  Too bad I'm working all day so have to settle for the highlights anyways haha

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.