Sabres sign Cal O'Reilly (ROR's brother)

Hoss

This is a leadership signing for Rochester.  A good move in terms of teaching the kids the way to prepare for the game.

Also a culture setting. Cal has a similar personalty to ROR - now we have prospects being shown how to play the game and the level of effort that is expected from them in the AHL - sets them up nicely for us

I'm thinking that it is simply a formality until Ryan agrees to his contract. If something outrageous happens and Ryan is not signing the extension, perhaps Cal doesn't either. I think they probably agreed on everything, which is why it was reported. And as soon as Ryan is a sure thing, Cal will sign his. Not that they will even play on the same team, it's more of the organization.

So we didn't sign Cal and this thread is still up?

If it's OK with you, I'm going to leave it pinned on the theory that both Cal and ROR will sign today or tomorrow.

Please direct all further observations on this matter to Mr. D. Regier c/o the Arizona Coyotes.

Good day.

SABRES SIGN CAL O’REILLY

BUFFALO, N.Y. (July 3, 2015) --- The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed forward Cal O’Reilly to a two-year contract.

O’Reilly (6’0”, 188 lbs., 9/30/1986), who was selected by the Nashville Predators in the fifth round (150th overall) of the 2005 NHL Draft, has played 113 NHL games, registering 41 points (13+28) in four seasons with the Predators, Phoenix Coyotes and Pittsburgh Penguins.

In 2014-15, O’Reilly appeared in 76 games as captain for the Utica Comets (AHL) in his 10th professional season. The center led the Comets and tied for 10th among all AHL skaters with 61 points (10+51) and his 51 assists ranked second in the AHL. O’Reilly also logged a team-high 19 points (2+17) in 21 playoff games during the Comets’ run to the Calder Cup Final.

The Toronto, Ontario native now has 371 points (74+297) in 416 career AHL games, adding 43 (11+32) in 66 postseason contests. He also skated in 46 games in two seasons with Metallurg Magnitogorsk (KHL), where he totaled 20 points (3+17) and 32 penalty minutes.

I'm really not trying to be a dick here, but you really need to cite that stuff.

It's from the team. The Buffalo Sabres. Straight from their website. A press release. For the public. With no name on it. Because it's their PR team. As I already said last time you said this.

If SDS or a mod have a problem with it then I won't post it.

Edited by Hoss

It's from the team. The Buffalo Sabres. It's straight from their website. A press release. For the public. With no name on it. Because it's their PR team. As I already said last time you said this.

If SDS or a mod have a problem with it then I won't post it.

It's more of a, if you dont say where you've gotten it we dont know how credible it is, thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.