Trade: Lehner and Legwand to Buffalo

Mustache of God

I've said before that Murray probably can buy himself several years as the Sabres GM just off of the EIchel and Reinhart picks.  IMO he just burned a lot of that goodwill.

Lehner for #21 is bad.  Taking on Legwand?  WTF?

If it was Lehner and a good prospect from Ottawa for #21...maybe.

This is what all of Murray's knowledge of Ottawa's inner-workings got us?

How about Ottawa takes back TM in the trade. 

GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY REBUILD!

Edited by LabattBlue

How can GMTM defend this trade or even try to argue that it was a good one? this is absolutely terrible. We could have just used lindback and kept the 21st and traded down or used it as trade bait for an actual player like O'Reilly. I seriously don't even care to watch the draft tonight now. We know we are getting Jack at #2, and now we have nothing to look forward to

Emotional reactions aside, this is clearly another anti-Darcy move.

He set the market and went out and got the guy he wanted.

He told us he wanted to use 21 to add a young veteran he thinks can be part of the core moving forward.

Tim Murray doesn't care that it was too much to pay in today's market, he doesn't care that Lehner sucked last year.

This is a bold statement he believes Lehner is that guy.

He wanted a big talented young goalie as a building block for what he is building here.

He took what he wanted and he paid the price.

ZFG.

Edited by dudacek

Andrew Peters: "Now with Legwand they can consider sending Reinhart down to ROC"...what the heck are you talking about???

Peters was smoked in the head a few too many times as a "fighter" in his playing days. Don't take what he says seriously. 

Now I expect that Lehner will get another concussion in his first preseason game with the Sabres and be out for the season.

Horrible, horrible trade.

Stop wishing injuries on people before we even get to preseason.  Thanks! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.