Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

I'm trying to think of games played and going back old school, Crosby and ovechkin have good points but haven't played long enough... I'd give the edge to the Russian.

Shane Doan has been around for a while

Patrick Elias too, but I don't know if he was a huge scorer, the sedan twins are getting up there in age, one is better than the other and I don't know which one.

Def no one on the Sabres :)

Edited by Wyldnwoody44

Ovi definitely has more than Sid. Sid's points per game is higher though.

Jagr, Thornton have gotta be 1, 2, right? Iginla then Hossa would be my guess. One of the Sedins?

Edit: Just looked it up now after guessing, but won't ruin for others still guessing. But - number 5 for active scorers really surprised me. He's such a square.

Edited by Thorny

I like Wyld's guess, so I think it goes Jagr-Thornton-Hossa-Iginla-Marleau-Datsyuk.

Then maybe Sid

So, so close to the right order. Last one is incorrect though

I'm trying to think of games played and going back old school, Crosby and ovechkin have good points but haven't played long enough... I'd give the edge to the Russian.

Shane Doan has been around for a while

Patrick Elias too, but I don't know if he was a huge scorer, the sedan twins are getting up there in age, one is better than the other and I don't know which one.

Def no one on the Sabres :)

You and Flagg should talk

I'm thinking the active leader behind Jagr is definitely Big Joe.

Behind him... I think they nailed it with Hossa and Iginla.

Where's Elias on this? He's ancient as hell. Ovi has to be climbing.

Elias is 6th, Ovie is 8th. Switch Hossa and Iginla

Ovi definitely has more than Sid. Sid's points per game is higher though.

Jagr, Thornton have gotta be 1, 2, right? Iginla then Hossa would be my guess. One of the Sedins?

Got the first 4 right. Marleau is #5. Elias is only 4 points behind him though. Unlikely to ever catch him at this point

Is this for sure?

Yes. Patrick Roy has said as much.

Pickard has three of their last four and four of six. Pickard has been very good while Varlamov has been a disaster.

Edited by Hoss

Hank's turned into a real baby this year. Every game I watch he's crying about something, pouting about something, bitching to the refs........... He used to be a classy, stand up guy. This year he's a whole different person. I've lost a lot of respect for him, whether he was justified doing what he did last night or not.

I did notice he waited until the Pens had a rush to knock the net off. He must not have been hurt that bad.

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet  8m

NHL makes official...Announcement of outdoor game in Winnipeg tomorrow. Oilers vs Jets. Alumni game...Gretzky vs Hawerchuk. #smytherival

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet  6m

Can confirm there have been preliminary discussions about raising the NHL draft age from 18. 1/2

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet  7m

Still a long way to go...probably years... but belief is that if Union and League mutually agree to change, it would stand legally. 2/2

In my mind there's value in getting an 18 year old into your system. You can communicate with him and give them tips on how to do certain things (workout, eat, etc). Plus the experience of getting into an NHL camp to see what it takes... Not a fan.

In my mind there's value in getting an 18 year old into your system. You can communicate with him and give them tips on how to do certain things (workout, eat, etc). Plus the experience of getting into an NHL camp to see what it takes... Not a fan.

I think it will lead to more players heading to Europe to play professionally. 

Hopefully the bolded is what GMs use to argue against this idea. 

More from Patty LaFontaine 

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14908981/nhl-exploring-possibility-raising-draft-age-19

I'd like to see it phased in.

18-year-olds in the first three rounds, then first two, then first only, then finally just top 10 and only if they declare.

Once a player is drafted, NHL team can play him in the minors if they wish. No more Grigorenko scenarios.