Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Cut back on the coke use, obviously.

I haven't watched a single second of Pittsburgh hockey this season, but I remember reading he and Kessel were having chemistry issues (like Eichel and Kane both wanting the puck)...although I'm not sure that can fully explain the scoring drought. Maybe he's slowing down? The scoring curve would tell us late 20s is where the offense starts to go, but truly elite players tend to be able to defy that. Bad puck luck, small sample? I dunno, but I'm intrigued.

Future penguins D man Derrick Pouliot is standing 5 feet away from me right now. Want me to ask him what's wrong with Crosby?

Cut back on the coke use, obviously.

I haven't watched a single second of Pittsburgh hockey this season, but I remember reading he and Kessel were having chemistry issues (like Eichel and Kane both wanting the puck)...although I'm not sure that can fully explain the scoring drought. Maybe he's slowing down? The scoring curve would tell us late 20s is where the offense starts to go, but truly elite players tend to be able to defy that. Bad puck luck, small sample? I dunno, but I'm intrigued.

He definitely isn't getting the bounces right now, under 4% shooting with the 3rd most shots taken on his team. We'll see what he looks like tomorrow.

Of course, if only to get his initial facial reaction.

Kid has sick flow! I've got good hair, very good in fact. He's working a truly awesome do right now!

He's hanging out with Steve Oleksy. They are still in their suits so I imagine they came out after their game tonight.

Edited by ubkev

I actually talked to a buddy of mine who met Murray a few times and many other interesting characters involving the Buffalo/NHL sports scene the other night and he was cool enough to dish some stuff to me. Sorry to be a tease but I won't detail them here, but it was really cool hearing some of the inside stuff

Edited by WildCard

I actually talked to a buddy of mine who met Murray a few times and many other interesting characters involving the Buffalo/NHL sports scene the other night and he was cool enough to dish some stuff to me. Sorry to be a tease but I won't detail them here, but it was really cool hearing some of the inside stuff

This is a bannable offense.

Maybe this is why you like Stannis so much.

I dunno, True.  You've been bringing him up out of the Blue an awful lot lately...  Could someone be catching Mannis fever?

“A sacrifice will prove our faith still burns true, Sire,” Clayton Suggs had told the king. And Godry the Giantslayer said, “The old gods of the north have sent this storm upon us. Only R’hllor can end it. We must give him an unbeliever.”

“Half my army is made up of unbelievers,” Stannis had replied. “I will have no burnings. Pray harder.

"It may be that we shall lose this battle," the king said grimly. "In Braavos you may hear that I am dead. It may even be true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless."

The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead — "

" — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."

One more:

Bowen Marsh: (on Janos Slynt) Who better to command the black cloaks than a man who once commanded the gold, sire.

Stannis Baratheon: Any of you, I would think. Even the cook.

Oh wait you like the show.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I dunno, True.  You've been bringing him up out of the Blue an awful lot lately...  Could someone be catching Mannis fever?

One more:

Oh wait you like the show.

1) No, but it's the only readily available way to try to mock you. Nobody likes Stannis!

2) The show is good as long as you're not constantly comparing it to the books, hoping for a 1:1 presentation. Does it have its problems? Sure! So do the books. The problems are just different.

I think I hate NHL on NBC.  The announcing is horrible and the color is worse.  I know everyone wants to suck Doc Emerick's dick, but the guy isn't very good at all.  He tells stories during play, he loses focus, and he concentrates on stars rather than on who has the puck.  (The last might be an NBC mandate, I don't know.)  

The overall product is horrible.

I just now heard him refer to some player--I don't know whom--as a San Francisco Giants fan.  DURING PLAY.  Gah.

But if you want to know who guys used to play for, Emerick's your guy.  All I know is if Olli Jokinen is on the ice, I'm immediately changing the channel.  I bet he'd even mention him as a former Maple Leaf even though he was there for just 6 games.

Coyotes will be moving...somewhere else in state though

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/39888/rumblings-coyotes-very-likely-to-move

I've been hearing talk about this for a while.  I rarely go to games in Glendale due to commute time to home (take care of dogs) then back out to game during the work week.  I am however, taking a vacation day when the Sabres are out here later in the year.   I would love for the Yotes to be in a place I can go see them more often.

I've been hearing talk about this for a while.  I rarely go to games in Glendale due to commute time to home (take care of dogs) then back out to game during the work week.  I am however, taking a vacation day when the Sabres are out here later in the year.   I would love for the Yotes to be in a place I can go see them more often.

From everything I've heard about that location, it sounds like it would be better for just about everyone.

At one point tonight, Dallas was outshooting Vancouver 10-0 but losing 1-0.

And the Lightning just snapped a stretch of 150+ minutes without scoring a goal, huh.

So did they score on their own net or something?  Vancouver would still be credited with a shot though.

McDavid.

Damn, man.

He's good.  Playing with a ton of top end first round picks also helps.  No matter what.. the Sabres still don't have that.  Edmonton was damn lucky in the lottery and sucked for quite some time.  I would imagine that most people here would not have the fortitude required to sit through losing the likes of which Edmonton had seen.

He's good. Playing with a ton of top end first round picks also helps. No matter what.. the Sabres still don't have that. Edmonton was damn lucky in the lottery and sucked for quite some time. I would imagine that most people here would not have the fortitude required to sit through losing the likes of which Edmonton had seen.

As much as the franchise doesn't deserve McDavid, their fans definitely deserve him.