Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

How about Brodin from Minny?

Its speculated that they are going to lose a Top 4 D for nothing in expansion and Brodin is the most likely target, why not offer a deadline package to acquire him? The question is would Fletcher want to trade him in season with the WC so open this year.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/which-teams-will-be-hurt-most-if-the-salary-cap-stays-flat

I agree with this.  Yes, they have Babcock.  They also have a pretty good, young team.

They did it the right way.  We're still in recovery.

How did they do it the right way?  Got lucky with ping pong balls?  They traded away everyone and their grandmother just like us during their tank year.  Only difference is they had been bad for so long that they had high picks like Kadri already in their system.

Gimme gimme gimme.

What would you pay for him?

How about Brodin from Minny?

Its speculated that they are going to lose a Top 4 D for nothing in expansion and Brodin is the most likely target, why not offer a deadline package to acquire him? The question is would Fletcher want to trade him in season with the WC so open this year.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/which-teams-will-be-hurt-most-if-the-salary-cap-stays-flat

I like this idea. I don't know a lot about Brodin, but it looks like a situation where we might be able to take advantage of Minny's situation

Saw an interesting idea today: Fleury to Dallas?

Friedman's 30 Thoughts

On Gostisbehere: very early interesting parallel to Montreal and P.K. Subban. It’s very clear that he’s the target of everyone who faces the Flyers, and his strengths are being attacked just like Klingberg’s. It becomes a battle of wills. You’ve got Dave Hakstol saying, “This is what the next step has to be.” You’ve got Gostisbehere saying: “This worked just fine for me, thanks.”

You grind away to find a solution. Just because it didn’t work between Montreal and Subban doesn’t mean Philadelphia will go the nuclear option. Vincent Lecavalier and John Tortorella figured it out. Hextall strikes me as the type of guy who will wait as long as he can.

You know who else is going to go through this soon? Mike Babcock and William Nylander.
Edited by WildCard

Sabres Director of Scouting Rob Murphy was at the Tampa-Wild Game Tonight

I noticed Tampa had a scout listed at the Ducks-Sabres game.

Tampa looking for D help? Is that right?

If so I wonder if Kulikov is getting that much attention given Tampa's position in the standings.

Of course, I could have everything upside down and the Sabres are actually looking to take a peak at Minny.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.