Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Still not interested in any goalie trades. Especially for Anderson who would likely cost two good pieces. Lehner is our future until we know he's not... And he'll be back in a month or so.

I've actually slipped toward the no-trade group. I'd be willing to make a move if some other team really values Ennis or Girgensons. But I'm not interested in a goalie trade. I also would no longer trade for Stamkos as I'm convinced he will only sign an extension with Toronto or hit free agency where we could keep assets anyways.

Still not interested in any goalie trades. Especially for Anderson who would likely cost two good pieces. Lehner is our future until we know he's not... And he'll be back in a month or so.

I've actually slipped toward the no-trade group. I'd be willing to make a move if some other team really values Ennis or Girgensons. But I'm not interested in a goalie trade. I also would no longer trade for Stamkos as I'm convinced he will only sign an extension with Toronto or hit free agency where we could keep assets anyways.

Exactly. Given the move for Lehner and Ullmark rising, there is no reason to trade for a goalie, especially at the cost. An trade with the Ducks involves one of their LHD

Hope murray continues to reform this team, there are enough 2nd - 3rd year guys in a slump whom could become bargains.

Hertl, Silfverberg, Teravainen, Drouin, Nichuskin.  

Drouin and hertl are the biggest gambles here, but either of Silfverberg, Teravainen or nichuskin could complement eichel I think.

Hope murray continues to reform this team, there are enough 2nd - 3rd year guys in a slump whom could become bargains.

Drouin and hertl are the biggest gambles here, but either of Silfverberg, Teravainen or nichuskin could complement eichel I think.

Slumping is not the same as on the market.  Teravainen is not going anywhere according to coach Q

Ok I'll play. What does Nichushkin cost?

Well, now I have something to do when I get home  

Talking about adding Nichushkin gives me a half chub. And I'm Christmas shopping. Stop it, all of you!

I'm interested to actually find out how all of those guys have been playing

Edited by WildCard

Nichuskin is on Dallas' first line with Seguin and Benn. They love that line. He's not moving.

Not sure why Teravainen was mentioned because Chicago is confident he's a huge part of their success beyond Sharp and eventually Hossa.

Hertl and Silvferberg maybe. Drouin could probably be had but I'm not all that confident he's going to be an NHL player.

Nichuskin is on Dallas' first line with Seguin and Benn. They love that line. He's not moving.

Not sure why Teravainen was mentioned because Chicago is confident he's a huge part of their success beyond Sharp and eventually Hossa.

Hertl and Silvferberg maybe. Drouin could probably be had but I'm not all that confident he's going to be an NHL player.

Drouin should be having a huge year, and yet...nothing. Maybe MacKinnon really was the reason behind all of Drouin's success

Drouin should be having a huge year, and yet...nothing. Maybe MacKinnon really was the reason behind all of Drouin's success

Still early in his career but what a bust he's turning out to be right now.  Tampa has hit big on some later round picks to ease the pain but with Stamkos probably leaving after this year and Drouin looking like a bust that is a pretty big setback for the franchise.

CHI, meanwhile, picks up more than $1M in cap space and gets a steady defender in Scuderi, who is likely better suited to CHI's 3rd pair.

Daley was supposed to be Top 4 D replacement for Oduya but ended up miscast as an offensive 3rd pair D. Daley should get bigger role in PIT.

Just going to mention Drouin has been injured for a bunch of the games this year, 13 missed and only 18 played. Also it is his Sophomore year so calling him a bust seems ridiculously premature. Drouin has 40pts in 88games. The one knock is he only has 6goals.  (Sam Reinhart is better :o )

Edited by LGR4GM

Just going to mention Drouin has been injured for a bunch of the games this year, 13 missed and only 18 played. Also it is his Sophomore year so calling him a bust seems ridiculously premature. Drouin has 40pts in 88games. The one knock is he only has 6goals. (Sam Reinhart is better :o )

From what I understand, Cooper hates Drouin because he plays defense like Cody Hodgson. Maybe he could be had in a deal.

Drouin definitely does not play defense well.

I would still rather spend assets on a LHD.

Drouin strikes me as a spoiled, selfish player, but that never hurt Tyler Seguin.

I think Yzerman's strategy is tough love now, then slide him into Stamkos slot if Stamkos doesn't re-sign.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.