Making SabreSpace more friendly to new posters

nfreeman

So, the only thing I can figure is that he changed his name to sloth and then maybe asked for an email address change? That goes into a long list that includes all the people waiting to be validated. Perhaps I deleted his account when removing a spam account?

You...you deleted my account? You son of a @$*#%! Ha ha It's all good. Anyway you can switch my username back to Thanes16? See Noobs, cool place to be. Just don't start out like a persons name I shall not say. Going the Harry Potter route on that one. His early days were rough and I hate to admit a little entertaining. Sort of a did he just say that?!! The guy is good to have on the board now. Let me stress that.

And let me give a giant thanks to everyone that said I actually exist!

Edited by GoPre

The people that post here are hands down the most accepting of any forum that I have ever attempted to become a part of. I am an odd fellow who lives an odd life. I probably say odd things at times(or all the time)and for the most part folks have been very kind to me. The hockey IQ here is top notch. My odd life does not afford me a lot of opportunity to post. I say what I can when I have the time to say it. I've never even seen the term "noob" used here until this thread. That says a ton about the quality of people here.

You...you deleted my account? You son of a @$*#%! Ha ha It's all good. Anyway you can switch my username back to Thanes16? See Noobs, cool place to be. Just don't start out like a persons name I shall not say. Going the Harry Potter route on that one. His early days were rough and I hate to admit a little entertaining. Sort of a did he just say that?!! The guy is good to have on the board now. Let me stress that.

And let me give a giant thanks to everyone that said I actually exist!

You can change your display name back to Thanes16 if you like, just go to 'My Settings' at the very top drop down after clicking on your name (very top right).

You only get to change it once every 30 days though :devil:

You can change your display name back to Thanes16 if you like, just go to 'My Settings' at the very top drop down after clicking on your name (very top right).

It's actually twice every 60 days.

On the prior page, nfreeman did his multi quote comment thing. "Good stuff" and "keep it coming". I remember being new here. I read daily, but posted rarely. It wasn't so much that I was intimidated as I had such great respect for the flow that I didn't want to be the guy swimming upstream and disturbing things.

One day, I got a "good stuff". It made my day. I could write and a "core guy" appreciated it.

To the core: You're big ships that cast wide wakes. Little acknowledgments, not gratuitous, go a long way.

The people that post here are hands down the most accepting of any forum that I have ever attempted to become a part of. I am an odd fellow who lives an odd life. I probably say odd things at times(or all the time)and for the most part folks have been very kind to me. The hockey IQ here is top notch. My odd life does not afford me a lot of opportunity to post. I say what I can when I have the time to say it. I've never even seen the term "noob" used here until this thread. That says a ton about the quality of people here.

I love you all.

On the prior page, nfreeman did his multi quote comment thing. "Good stuff" and "keep it coming". I remember being new here. I read daily, but posted rarely. It wasn't so much that I was intimidated as I had such great respect for the flow that I didn't want to be the guy swimming upstream and disturbing things.

One day, I got a "good stuff". It made my day. I could write and a "core guy" appreciated it.

To the core: You're big ships that cast wide wakes. Little acknowledgments, not gratuitous, go a long way.

I want to collect all your posts and put them in PA's poetry thread.

This post is so good I wish I could lick it.

Since some noobs have said they'd like some level of acknowledgment when they start posting, I think Likes would be better than creating a whole post to use this emoticon:

:worthy:

It's just a little bit of noncommittal feedback that people are reading someone's posts.  You can probably set it up so that when someone Likes one of your posts you don't get notified in any way, just set that if you don't care about likes.  But for people who are trying to find their way, they can be helpful.

In a previous time when the board had a "like" button, that wasn't the problem I believe.  It was more of a problem with the "dislike" button(which once again I will readily admit, I grew very fond of at times).  SDS or one of the other mods at the time can correct me if I am wrong.

Much appreciated! Got my display name back!

I remember feeling the same way about a Freeman attaboy back in the day.

And PA is bang-on: your prose is a treat to read.

i guess i'll use this opportunity to finally make my first post and introduce myself... i've been a member here for a little over three years and come here daily... (in fact, i spent far too much time here some days). been tempted many times to post, but i tend to make it a point to read through entire threads (barring the ones which are prohibitively expansive) usually to find the point i wanted to make has already been made. (and subsequently expounded upon)... i've never felt intimidated to post,  i fact, i find this board to be an exceptional source of information. i can't say i'll post very often but will make it a point to do so if the urge arises down the road...

i guess i'll use this opportunity to finally make my first post and introduce myself... i've been a member here for a little over three years and come here daily... (in fact, i spent far too much time here some days). been tempted many times to post, but i tend to make it a point to read through entire threads (barring the ones which are prohibitively expansive) usually to find the point i wanted to make has already been made. (and subsequently expounded upon)... i've never felt intimidated to post,  i fact, i find this board to be an exceptional source of information. i can't say i'll post very often but will make it a point to do so if the urge arises down the road...

Welcome. Great name.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.