Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

When the players don't execute, you can lay that at the feet of Hot Daniel's motivational skills, but I don't understand what that has to do with his game plan. The line match-ups haven't seemed bad to me in the last couple games, we just got outskated.

Players should motivate themselves. That's half the reason we want vets around the kids, right, to show them how to do it night in night out?

Something is wrong with us having to give up a pick for Bylsma when practically no one else ever has for a fired coach and no one ever will now that the rule is being reversed. And was never intended to be used the way it was in the first place.

We should get a compensatory pick.

Read some dump and chase articles late last night, including ones that pertained to Bylsma. Went to sleep a tad depressed... :thumbdown:

Any chance you can link the Byslma one? After reading about it, I'm literally yelling at my tv when we unnecessarily dump it in Edited by WildCard

It's been hinted at here and there, but does anyone else truly detest Bylsma's handling of the lines?  I've always thought that line chemistry was very important, but the lines this year have had zero chance to gel.  They change every practice and every game.  It's like a kid with a lego set.  Constant tinkering for the sake of tinkering.  Even when lines seem to be going well and in the right direction chemistry-wise, they are soon thereafter broken up again and a different seemingly less effective line is put together.

It seems to be settling down a bit lately, but can we please try to build a cohesive unit line by line instead of the constant tinkering?

It's what bothers me the most about Bylsma, but I've tended to overlook it becaus the discipline and structure of our game is so far above last year's hockey is fun to watch again (Devils game notwithstanding). That is about coaching not talent.

Maybe I'm guilty of overrating Dan because I am comparing him to Nolans complete lack of structure, rather than coaches like Vigneault.

Dump Bylsma. Could start coming up in a lot more searches. Eichel's honeymoon didn't last long. I don't think Dan is far behind. I told someone yesterday that this guy better win and win big, because he's as likable as a cat turd encrusted in Scoop Away.

Edited by pASabreFan

Confirmation bias is a real bitch. I know I'm rushing to judgment on Bylsma, especially given the roster is still incomplete and so young...but hot damn it's hard not to when literally every negative you read about the guy from Pens fans/observers is coming to fruition. For all we heard about his self-scouting and assessment, he looks like precisely the same guy he was there.

PULL ME BACK FROM THE LEDGE! SOMEBODY!

Edited by TrueBlueGED

It's been hinted at here and there, but does anyone else truly detest Bylsma's handling of the lines?  I've always thought that line chemistry was very important, but the lines this year have had zero chance to gel.  They change every practice and every game.  It's like a kid with a lego set.  Constant tinkering for the sake of tinkering.  Even when lines seem to be going well and in the right direction chemistry-wise, they are soon thereafter broken up again and a different seemingly less effective line is put together.

It seems to be settling down a bit lately, but can we please try to build a cohesive unit line by line instead of the constant tinkering?

The lines have been fairly well set for a number of games now, no?  He seems to have stuck with ROR-Reinhart with McGinn being stable there lately, and we all have been asking for different combos with Eichel so we can't really blame DD if he's trying different players with him, can we? Foligno-Larsson-Legwand-DeLo have been mostly 4th line fixtures.  

I think this is more what we want to think than reality.

I remember this same criticism on Ruff and how he sucked as a coach because of it.  Yet he seems to be doing quite well in Dallas.

The point? The shuffling that does occur (not as often lately) is probably done because there are some issues out there that we all have noticed (scoring).

The lines have been fairly well set for a number of games now, no?  He seems to have stuck with ROR-Reinhart with McGinn being stable there lately, and we all have been asking for different combos with Eichel so we can't really blame DD if he's trying different players with him, can we? Foligno-Larsson-Legwand-DeLo have been mostly 4th line fixtures.  

I think this is more what we want to think than reality.

We can absolutely blame him for continuously trying to force Eichel - Kane to happen and not changing approaches with Jack who's clearly been struggling for about a month now.

We can absolutely blame him for continuously trying to force Eichel - Kane to happen and not changing approaches with Jack who's clearly been struggling for about a month now.

Well, the complaint was about DD's line juggling.  I should think that the Kane-Eichel forcing is strong evidence to the contrary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.