All about the Babwatch -- Sabres out

matter2003

And Nolan wasn't. The end.

That's funny.

giphy.gif

Awesome.

Again, I don't mind peoples knives out for my posts. Like I said, i am learning stuff also and as Sabres fans, I love all you guys and enjoy conversing with Sabres/Bills fans when I am in Western New York or at games at First Niagara Centre. I am not saying T-Pegs isn't generous, without a question he certainly is and has been a Godsend for the Sabres and Bills. I just want to see us all rewarded at the Pro level for all his efforts and I may be impatient for sure. I am also critical and if we can't be critical, how do we expect to improve? Again, if Tim Murray can mold this club into a serious contender, I will worship at the altar of Tim Murray. I am glad T-Pegs is here and never said otherwise. it is just my impatience speaking.

16 years of LR/DR and two plus years of tanking,... you must never use the term impatient ever again.

Not sure why the caps lock offends. Just me being lazy actually. Like I said, I am still learning the nuances of The Aud Club. Already got called out for not being on topic with some of my other posts. I am just a student here. some assume caps lock is like yelling at someone 9i assure that is not the case)To me it's "easy reading"!

1. It's difficult to read (for most of us).

2. It's lazy (but you know that).

3. It comes across as SHOUTING (but you know that).  Don't yell at us.  Thank you.

And these are not nuances of the Aud Club.  They are pretty universal across the whole internet.

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

Never have I said that Jack Eichel isn't a good (maybe even great) player. Am I happy to have him on the Sabres? Yes absolutely. Do the Sabres have talent? Yes they are assembling what appears top be talented young players (I never said they weren't) Are things looking up in Sabre land? They appear to be, but again, the choice of coach will be instrumental in the development of the young talent already assembled (see Edmonton as to how that can fail)Edmonton is loaded with talent (they finished higher in the standings then the Sabres) and now I believe Edmonton has gthe right coach and that will show itself this season. The same thing can happen in Buffalo, hell I want it to happen here, really bad. I just will bide my time and see what happens and not get mmy hopes to high as one other poster accused me of. It's how I am now. Not saying I won't get excited if this club shows positive progress. I will. Not going "all in" anymore is all I'm saying.

I love Lindy Ruff. He was the coach that had us overachieving. I did agree that his time finally ran out though as it does with even the best coaches in the game.

The problem with Edmonton's talent is it is all finesse.  That's one of the main reason they are in this position they are in.  McDavid is a good step in the right direction but again they have a lot more work to do. Their defense needs to be fixed, their forward lines need two-way players, and their GT situation is still questionable.  

Outside of GT I prefer Buffalo's pieces.  Our forwards are more of a two-way variety with some good scoring skill.  Our defense has the young and veteran talent it needs.  GT is a big question mark that I want to see Murray answer this summer.  McDavid will make Edmonton better. How much is debatable. 

I think the coach in Edmonton will make a huge difference this year. He would have been my choice after Babcock. I think Edmonton will tighten up defensively under McLellan. As will the Sabres choice as coach, huge decision for the development.

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT THE NHL MAKES ZERO MONEY OFF OF MONTREAL OR TORONTO OR THAT THAT MONEY IS NEGLIGIBLE? REALLY? TELL IT TO THE HABS AND LEAFS WHO ARE SICK OF PROPPING UP FAILED ORGANIZATIONS LIKE THE COYOTES, PANTHERS AND HURRICANES. IT IS A TOPIC EVERY YEAR. I AM GLAD PEOPLE ARE EDUCATING ME ON THE NCAA STATUS THING AS SPORTSCENTRE DIDN'T ANSWER THAT WHAT IF? I HAD MY CONCERNS. NOT SURE WHAT GOALIES ARE AVAILABLE AS FREE AGENTS THIS OFF SEASON. I MISS NEUVIRTH AND ENROTH. I THOUGHT THEY COULD ACTUALLY WORK OUT HERE. I WILL STATE THIS HERE AND NOW. I DO BELIEVE MCDAVID WILL BE BETTER THEN EICHEL (AND HE DOES HAVE WAY MORE TALENT TO PLAY WITH IN EDMONTON THEN IN BUFFALO AND A GOOD COACH NOW) HE WILL PUT UP MORE POINTS THEN EICHEL BUT AGAIN, WE SHALL SEE IF THIS TRUE BUT I AM EXPECTING THAT. AS FOR OVERACHIEVING GOALTENDING, ISN'T THAT WHY ARTURS IRBE IS HERE????? DO CAROLINA, FLORIDA AND ARIZONA GAMES REALLY RAKE IN THE REVENUE TV WISE FOR THE LEAGUE? I MEAN, IF PEOPLE CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO GO THERE, ARE THEY BOTHERED TO WATCH ON TV? EVEN IF THEIR OPPOSITION IS CHICAGO, BOSTON OR NEW YORK? AS FOR TED BEING FIRED BECAUSE OF RESULTS. WHAT OTHER COACH DO YOU KNOW OF THAT HAD HIS STARTING LINEUP SOLD OUT FROM UNDER HIM AND WAS THEN EXPECTED TO 'GET RESULTS"? IT'S LIKE SUPPLYING A HOT DOG VENDOR WITH HAMBURGS THEN SHUTTING HIM DOWN BECAUSE HE COULDN'T GENERATE HOT DOG SALES.

Seen enough of this crap. Would like to say it's good to see you listened to someone since you still don't know how to hit return but at least took the advice to use all caps good job. I'm calling you out just as I did someone else about two months ago as being nothing more than a poster who created a second user. There are tell tale signs in your posts. Have a good day. Enjoy the off season.

Sabres-related notes from the Babcock presser:

-He praised the Pegulas multiple times

-He reassured the media that he and Tim Murray are good friends

-The Sabres offered more according to him

-Shanahan took multiple shots at Buffalo, saying that if he chose Buffalo they wouldn't attack Babcock's character

-He said that he couldn't make it worth with his family in Buffalo which makes me think he was settled on coming to Buffalo but his family wasn't

-Shanahan took multiple shots at Buffalo, saying that if he chose Buffalo they wouldn't attack Babcock's character

-He said that he couldn't make it worth with his family in Buffalo which makes me think he was settled on coming to Buffalo but his family wasn't

If he's being truthful, then fine - but I was always a Shanny fan and now I am OUT FOR BLOOD.

Please, Sabres Season Ticket Holders - KEEP YOUR LEAF TICKETS - or at least sell them to a Sabres fan!

I may come to the Leafs - Canes games here just to boo them and I hate the Canes!

Good for Buffalo media to ask the tough questions. Should have said "misled" instead of "lied" so he couldn't avoid the issue. Toronto radio said Buffalo media came with their knives out. Said now they know what it was like when Gorges said he didn't want to be traded to Toronto. Problem with that comparison is he said it upfront, he didn't try to play them in a bidding war like Babcock did.

I heard this part of the Babcock interview and I completely agree with you that he should be called out with tough questions like this.  I cringed, however, when Begnini said "lied".  Very poor choice of words.

It was apparent to me from Babcock's responses (or should say lack of) to Harrington and Begnini that he (using Wells report language) more likely than not indeed used Team Pegula to drive up his price to the Leafs.

We'll still be OK without him behind the bench. ;)

Please, Sabres Season Ticket Holders - KEEP YOUR LEAF TICKETS - or at least sell them to a Sabres fan!

This message needs to be shouted! Every day now.

Is something still considered an opinion when it is based off of things that are blatantly false?  Pair that up with an essentially unreadable syntax and you get the responses you are getting here.  I'm not sure why PA needs to play the champion of the little man role every single time here.  All I know, is that for the millionth time, a thread has once again become unreadable around here.

Shrader nailed my issue. The syntax issues coupled with the false statements are making it difficult for me to get through the whole post.

Eman actually has pretty think skin and behind some of the mis-steps in facts are good interesting opinions. I don't mind correcting the errors since he hasn't had the benefit of reading here for months on end and knowing the intricate details of Jack Eichel's draft status.

I've got no problem with new opinions, it keeps things interesting and moves discussion along. But the free-writing single paragraphs make it hard for me to read your posts.

There is no way, zero percent chance, eman isn't Yuri or a different alter ego of one of the regulars

Huh. I had not considered that. If it is, it is a *pitch perfect* impression of the persona being aped.

It was apparent to me from Babcock's responses (or should say lack of) to Harrington and Begnini that he (using Wells report language) more likely than not indeed used Team Pegula to drive up his price to the Leafs.

Agreed on the use of the word "lied" in a question. Just awful.

I also read that Babcock accepted the money and term that the Leafs offered as an initial matter, not that he brought the last, best offer from Buffalo and had them match it or beat it. But maybe Babcock used Buffalo to jack up the Leafs' initial offer?

I totally agree with the bitterness toward Babcock. I get it, and he is now a villain here and will hopefully spice up this Leafs/Sabres rivalry a bit.

But all these attacks by Buffalo media makes us look small-time and kind of sad.

I look forward to three things:

1) The day when the Sabres are the villians for winning all the time so fans around the league hate/envy us.

2) EVERYONE actually cheering for WINS this season! It's going to be so much fun to all be on the same team again!

3) The look on Babcock's face when Toronto fires him/runs him out of town by the end of year #3.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Who wouldn't attack his character?  I'm not sure I get this one.

I totally agree with the bitterness toward Babcock. I get it, and he is now a villain here and will hopefully spice up this Leafs/Sabres rivalry a bit.

But all these attacks by Buffalo media makes us look small-time and kind of sad.

I look forward to two things:

1) The day when the Sabres are the villians for winning all the time so fans around the league hate/envy us.

2) EVERYONE actually cheering for WINS this season! It's going to be so much fun to all be on the same team again!

3) The look on Babcock's face when Toronto fires him/runs him out of town by the end of year #3.

Aren't NHL coaching contracts guaranteed? i.e. Ted Nolan is getting paid his 3 year deal. 

If so, I don't think that Babcock would give a .

One thing is for sure: Pegula is a feisty one who is not used to coming in 2nd and doesn't seem to handle it well.

That's good news overall for us! I think he nailed it with the Bills HC hire after Gruden and Cowher turned him down. It will all work out well in the end.

Plus, we get to CRUSH Babcock's team time after time every season, AND they can watch us play in the playoffs!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.