All about the Babwatch -- Sabres out

matter2003

Getting mad at anybody in this situation is very assumptive. Maybe the Sabres put in their best effort, and being in it this late suggests they did, and Babcock just decided he wanted to be somewhere else. I doubt there's any "fault." Not getting number one always bites but insulting the others involved because it didn't happen is weak sauce.

Ok, I am officially turning off the phone and blocking all social media for the rest of the afternoon. I didn't have too many feelings about it before, but now I'm getting as hyped as the rest of twitter. Y'all know I'm a Detroit person too- I gotta say, a lot of mixed notions on the whole thing. 

The man will either be a god and showered in Jack Adams awards or lambasted as the most overpriced, overrated money suck of all time.

I like the guy, he did great things in Detroit, is facing a decline in the team's success there, and kept Kyle ##### Quincey on the team (that right there is grounds for gtfo haha). I thought he'd be great here in Buffalo. I know he's pushing for a new strata of coach payment. I guess though, if anyone can make sense of the Maple Leaf Mess, it would be him? 

guys, I dunno. The speculation will all be for naught soon. Just announce it already so I can get rid of this ice in the veins feeling.

I can only imagine what the genius of SabreSpace is laughing at...there's nothing comical about this situation.

Well I for one think that Babcock is a very good coach.  I also think that the difference between Babcock and the other candidates is minimal.  I am laughing at you freaking out before we know any of the facts or what happened.  You don't know the dollar amounts, you don't know if Babcock was playing us, you don't know how much input he wanted, you don't know if he actually wanted to coach Buffalo.  So I am laughing at your outrage at a situation none of us really understand.  

Disgusted by this outcome...Paul Hamilton said, "the Sabres were getting tired and had enough."

Great, are they not "tired" of losing everything they go after...haven't they "had enough" of that?

Now we get stuck with Luke Richardson, who has done no better than Chadd Cassidy in the AHL...what a joke.

(And if the Sabres were offering $7M/year, they really couldn't push it another $1M? That's embarrassing.)

Is this comedy or serious.. ?

Because they never had it to begin with...that's what they were going after him for.

It's even been said here time and time again.

Not by me.  I have watched time and time again UFA come to Buffalo and heard countless players say how amazing the area is.  The credibility thing is a straw man argument used on this board a ton.

Well I for one think that Babcock is a very good coach.  I also think that the difference between Babcock and the other candidates is minimal.  I am laughing at you freaking out before we know any of the facts or what happened.  You don't know the dollar amounts, you don't know if Babcock was playing us, you don't know how much input he wanted, you don't know if he actually wanted to coach Buffalo.  So I am laughing at your outrage at a situation none of us really understand.  

We'll never understand it. What happened on July 1, 2007? Why did LaLa leave? Who shot JFK?

Meh, maybe not my finest hour. We'll see what shakes out. It was written out of disappointment. How many times can we finish second? It's uncanny.

I think we had at best a 50% chance of landing him.  Not landing him is just variance.  Maybe we'll be luckier in 2027 when his contract runs out.

Not by me.  I have watched time and time again UFA come to Buffalo and heard countless players say how amazing the area is.  The credibility thing is a straw man argument used on this board a ###### ton.

They have to say that. What are they going to say, it sucks? Thomas Vanek said how much he loved Long Island.

Bylsma can laugh all he wants and I wish him luck in San Jose, for "similar" money. If he's really better than Babcock, he should have no trouble getting Babcock money from somebody else, though. Surely, he can convince other teams as much as he's convinced you. 

You seem to be saying that no matter who we end up targeting next, that he will laugh and turn us down because we were willing to overpay for the best candidate out there and that we should be willing to offer the same overpayment to anyone else. It just doesn't work that way. 

GO SABRES!!!

Jesus K9

I was supporting your post....and what I wrote is what I mean.

Did Paul Hamilton just call Babcock a "liar" because of the GM issue?  Is it not possible for a man to change his mind?

Yea, that's what he said. I don't understand why people (apparently him included) feel the need to disparage Babcock's character here. I was all-in on getting him here, and I'm disappointed it didn't work out...but to go about accosting his character with basically no information about the what and why? Yeesh.

We'll never understand it. What happened on July 1, 2007? Why did LaLa leave? Who shot JFK?

On July 1 Darcy Regier wanted to extend Chris Drury.  Sabres Brass (Quinn) didn't want to commit that cash to Drury so they basically told Darcy no. Darcy accepted that and Drury and Briere both left.  How many times do we have to discuss it?

They have to say that. What are they going to say, it sucks? Thomas Vanek said how much he loved Long Island.

And we say how much everyone hates Buffalo.  

On July 1 Darcy Regier wanted to extend Chris Drury.  Sabres Brass (Quinn) didn't want to commit that cash to Drury so they basically told Darcy no. Darcy accepted that and Drury and Briere both left.  How many times do we have to discuss it?

And we say how much everyone hates Buffalo.  

For all eternity or at least til the sabres have a presidents cup team again.

Edited by ROC Sabres

Did Paul Hamilton just call Babcock a "liar" because of the GM issue?  Is it not possible for a man to change his mind?

That is silly. My bet is that Babcock had said he didn't want *all* the duties of a traditional GM, but probably wanted some of them - cafeteria style. With the way the Leafs are set up, I can see that happening.

Nice narrative.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.