All about the Babwatch -- Sabres out

matter2003

I'll listen, but I don't expect the Sabres or Babcock would ever tell tales out of school. Bottom line, Murray had Babcock actually negotiating a contract; money wasn't an object; how they would work together was widely reported as what they were hung up on; Babcock goes to Toronto.

Can you provide a link to the "widely reported" you are referring to?  Not saying I don't trust your fevered imagination, I just don't trust your fevered imagination.

Edited by Promonov Robotnik

Pegula embarrassed Toronto and MSLE over the Bills. They weren't letting him win here.

Well, in that case I'm happy with the trade off.

We keep the Bills, Toronto gets Babcock for a few years until it blows up and ends ugly and they pay him some ungodly amount to fire him.

Funny that it seems a majority of the Toronto fans DON'T want Babcock and see them as having way too many fundemantal problems for him to be able to fix...seem to think its a ploy to get Leaf fans off the focal point that their team isn't very good and likely won't be very good for a while based on lack of prospects and horrible long term contracts...

I think it was about Toronto vs Buffalo -- both in terms of big-city glamor and in terms of playing on the biggest NHL stage.

So he'd rather be on a big farm with a bunch of swaybacks then a small farm with young thoroughbreads.

If true, I am right there with you.

Know what? I am right there regardless. Fukc you, B-C0ck!

I'll lay odds Pegula pulled his offer as soon as he got wind of Toronto's (seemingly) renewed interest. And I'd be glad to find out that's true.  From a personnel standpoint, he's going to the Sabres' situation of two years ago. Enjoy, Babs. 

GO BILLS!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.