Prediction time: Will the Sabres get Babcock?

nfreeman

Is he or isn't he?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mike Babcock become the Sabres' coach?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If Babcock says no, who will the Sabres hire? (Not who do you want -- who will they choose.)

• Disco Dan Bylsma
    • Luke Richardson
    • Jeff Blashill
    • Peter DeBoer
    • Other (please specify)
    • Not applicable -- they are getting Babcock

Babcock turned down the Sabres $5 million a year. He plans on staying in Detroit. McKenzie threw out those tweets because the Sabres added $1 million a year. Babcock's agent of course is going to present this.

If Babcock doesn't care about money, he's in Detroit. If he is an honorable guy, which he seems like, that last counter is almost dirty feeling and will probably clinch Detroit.

I still have no idea what the interview was all about on TSN.

Babcock turned down the Sabres $5 million a year. He plans on staying in Detroit. McKenzie threw out those tweets because the Sabres added $1 million a year. Babcock's agent of course is going to present this.

If Babcock doesn't care about money, he's in Detroit. If he is an honorable guy, which he seems like, that last counter is almost dirty feeling and will probably clinch Detroit.

I still have no idea what the interview was all about on TSN.

Adding $1M to an offer to make him overwhelmingly the highest paid coach is dirty? Mike -- we want you and if $5M isn't going to work, how about $6M? I don't see what is dirty about that.

I don't think we will get Babcock. It sounds to me like it was down to two, but the hometown team won out for a multitude of factors outside of money. It doesn't help, but at least we were the #2 choice...

I agree. There is no shame in losing because the guy decided he was happy where he was and his family was comfortable where they lived, no matter what the price.

Just think - back in the Golisano days, we wouldn't even be anywhere near this discussion.

Adding $1M to an offer to make him overwhelmingly the highest paid coach is dirty? Mike -- we want you and if $5M isn't going to work, how about $6M? I don't see what is dirty about that.

The offer isn't dirty.....if you are Babcock though, your heart already made the decision for you, and that extra million should only pound that fact home, not turn you. That's all i'm saying.

The offer isn't dirty.....if you are Babcock though, your heart already made the decision for you, and that extra million should only pound that fact home, not turn you. That's all i'm saying.

I don't see how coming to coach buffalo is somehow dishonorable.

Babs is coming here.

You have the magic ability to be a wet blanket?  I'm pretty sure that's shrader.

Hey thanks man!  

Hey, Eyeore - the thistle patch is thataway.

Well, whatever.

Wow that's impressive. I wish I was you man.

Wait.  I change my mind. I think Babcock will come here and we will win the Cup next year!

Woo hoo!  Go Sabres!

Is that how it works in your reality?

:w00t:

My vote was/is yes, though if they give him $6MM, not positive I want him.

Too many years of rooting for a low budget team to be happy w/ my squad doubling the going rate for top coaches. Though, oddly enough, was ok w/ it when they were raising the going rate by ~60% to $5MM/yr.

Wait. I change my mind. I think Babcock will come here and we will win the Cup next year!

Woo hoo! Go Sabres!

Is that how it works in your reality?

:w00t:

Yea, it does. But I'm slowly changing my mind. I want to be more like you. Tell me, how dost thou ignore thy desires to generate a clear-headed conclusion?

in other words, you're a pessimist.

No!  I have been following the story like everyone here.  I don't think he comes here.

Wanting him to come here doesn't change that.  That's my point!

Yea, it does. But I'm slowly changing my mind. I want to be more like you. Tell me, how dost thou ignore thy desires to generate a clear-headed conclusion?

Huh?  Have you ever worn ice skates in your life?

Be honest now.

Edited by Kruppstahl