Your Profession - Maybe There Are Connections To Be Made!

CallawaySabres

Confirm or deny:

Also: entry-level position at a Buffalo TV station. About 70% of the information you'll see on the show comes through me and/or the other two who work my position during other shifts. High stress, high risk, low pay.

Thats hilarious!  I normally don't get involved in enhancing surveillance videos but most are barely good enough to make out a human figure let alone zoom in to see a basketball in the reflection off of an eye. 

So youre one of the people that can say "I see dead people" and mean it? And me with the tow truck driving, I unfortunately saw my fair share as well.

I definitely see dead people, a whole lot of them....  

Sanibel is cool. Very laid-back and beautiful. Lots of hidden gems on the island. If you ever get to CC, give a shout and we can get a beverage. Always great to talk Sabres over a brew or two.

Tony.

Definitely.  I'm trying to get down there this summer.  I'll reach out if I go down there

When I was in school, a friend of mine managed to petition to have some classes removed from his transcript for GPA purposes. He was more separated from his "party" days (1983 to 1996, if I remember right). I assume you already have, but make sure to talk to the department office to make the case that who you were in 2008 isn't who you aren't now.

I tried that. They don't really care. UB is in weird spot these days. They're offering a really good engineering program for a great price. So they turn people away in droves that they probably wouldn't have before. I could probably get into any number of more prestigious schools where they want to know who you are beyond your grades, but UB is too picky :lol:

You weren't actually Salem the Cat were you?

Um, I have news for you. You may want to sit down for this.

Salem the Cat was not actually a real cat.

He was a cat actor playing the role of a cat named Salem. I'm not even sure that was his real voice. If you look real close, it almost looks like they put another cat's human voice into the actor cat that played Salem.

Um, I have news for you. You may want to sit down for this.

Salem the Cat was not actually a real cat.

He was a cat actor playing the role of a cat named Salem. I'm not even sure that was his real voice. If you look real close, it almost looks like they put another cat's human voice into the actor cat that played Salem.

I heard that that cat was also the voice behind Milli Vanilli.

Nice.

I have BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering.  But if I had known earlier what Computer Science was, I would have DEFINITELY gone for it.  If you want to program, just do CS!!  I've been slowly getting more on the software side of things, but it'd've been way easier if I'd just gotten a BS in CS.  And I'd be making a ton more money.

Oh and now I'm an engineering contractor, mostly software but getting my hands dirty in the mechanical and electrical side for sure.

Thanks.  I'm leaning more towards going all out on CS every day.  The weekends spent in a single room coding can drag, though.

I don't like to detail in a public place the specifics of my employer. It is a tier 1 supplier of engine management systems.

That's cool, I can respect that. I wasn't curious about your employer, more about what kind of fuel systems you deal with. Cars a bit of a hobby of mine. 

Manage an explanatory data, statistics & analytics group for the man (see: very large corporation.)

I enjoy/hate my job and find it incredibly enjoyable/frustrating....answer(s) changes weekly. In truth I've learned a lot and am still learning, so for the most part I find it rewarding.

That's cool, I can respect that. I wasn't curious about your employer, more about what kind of fuel systems you deal with. Cars a bit of a hobby of mine. 

Ahhh.... gasoline direct injection systems.  Not exactly glamorous stuff, but there is constant development and refinement going on.

For those in the entertainment business, help me score tickets to Billy Joel closing the Mausoleum on August 4! You can never get tickets when they go on sale, and then the scalpers/ticket sites have a field day. Surely someone knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. Maybe Swamp knows a guy who... OK, I'll stop.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.