Who does Tim Murray Trade in the summer of 2015?

LGR4GM

I'm not advocating trading anybody or opposed to trades happening either.

I just hear Murray talk about laying the groundwork for trades and being active this summer, remember reports of his prejudices against russian players, and look at where the strengths are in our asset pool.

I'd be surprised if anyone comes to a conclusion of a player more likely than Grigorenko to be traded.

Personally, I'd be ecstatic with a lineup that has a franchise player on the first line, a first liner on the second line and another first liner on the third line. It's unllikely Grigo, Samson and Jack develop that way, but the offseason is for dreaming.

On a practical level, trading Grigo and ? for a top-four LD who can play the power play or a first-line RW simply makes sense.

If I'm GMTM I'm sitting tight.  There are a half dozen teams with their salary capped near the ceiling and with the Canadian dollar weakening against the American the salary cap is predicted to go down around $1.5 million. There will be shedding of good players for very little in return other than the need to dump salary.

The Sabres are poised to pick up some slightly over priced vets for bags of pucks to teach the youngins. This year GMTM won't be shopping for Mess, Balls, and what's his face that got traded to Montreal with Flynn. This summer could be one of the best to be a Sabres fan in a long, long time.

If I'm GMTM I'm sitting tight.  There are a half dozen teams with their salary capped near the ceiling and with the Canadian dollar weakening against the American the salary cap is predicted to go down around $1.5 million. There will be shedding of good players for very little in return other than the need to dump salary.

The Sabres are poised to pick up some slightly over priced vets for bags of pucks to teach the youngins. This year GMTM won't be shopping for Mess, Balls, and what's his face that got traded to Montreal with Flynn. This summer could be one of the best to be a Sabres fan in a long, long time.

Down?  I don't think the cap is expected to shrink for 2015.

Down? I don't think the cap is expected to shrink for 2015.

New report saying weakening Canadien dollar could cost NHL $70 million off new TV deal and could have side impact of players not increasing their escrow %. While the cap won't go down, initial projections of $71/72M could be rolled back to just over $68M.

This could actually be the Cap crunch that has been predicted every year since salary caps started.

New report saying weakening Canadien dollar could cost NHL $70 million off new TV deal and could have side impact of players not increasing their escrow %. While the cap won't go down, initial projections of $71/72M could be rolled back to just over $68M.

This could actually be the Cap crunch that has been predicted every year since salary caps started.

Yea, I started researching and this is very different from what was said back in January.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-agents-told-cap-could-decrease-next-season/

For Buffalo in the trade market, it is good news.

I'm not advocating trading anybody or opposed to trades happening either.

I just hear Murray talk about laying the groundwork for trades and being active this summer, remember reports of his prejudices against russian players, and look at where the strengths are in our asset pool.

I'd be surprised if anyone comes to a conclusion of a player more likely than Grigorenko to be traded.

Personally, I'd be ecstatic with a lineup that has a franchise player on the first line, a first liner on the second line and another first liner on the third line. It's unllikely Grigo, Samson and Jack develop that way, but the offseason is for dreaming.

On a practical level, trading Grigo and ? for a top-four LD who can play the power play or a first-line RW simply makes sense.

Zadorov. After a promising start he regressed. The Sabres are pretty deep at defense. I think he's more likely than Grigo to get traded, especially with the strides Grigo made late in the season.

Zadorov. After a promising start he regressed. The Sabres are pretty deep at defense. I think he's more likely than Grigo to get traded, especially with the strides Grigo made late in the season.

I agree - I also don't think Grigorenko gets traded until Eichel is signed - meaning I don't think he'll be a draft day trade.

Valid point, but a LD of Gorges, Weber, MCCabe moving forward doesn't excite me nearly as much as Nikita's Ivan Drago-like upside.

McDavid is Robb Stark

Eichel is Jon Snow.

LOL!

Great one.

:w00t:

Why is everyone so obsessed with trading Zadorov?

I'm sure not!

He's huge, a great skater, good hockey IQ, and has a taste for cutting people in half.  Or at least trying to.

He's going through some maturing pains right now.

His upside is not Risto good, but it's close.

Yes.  It's going to be interesting to keep an eye on this.

Grigorenko, Larsson, Pysyk/McCabe/Zadorov, Hodgson, Moulson

Grigorenko is the obvious #1 to me because he has had struggles, has been accused of not giving enough effort, has been delegated to 3rd & 4th line minutes the majority of his time in the NHL with 3 different coaches, but has produced well in the AHL and is young enough that he could still grow into a NHL player. The obvious connection to Roy helps, but whether it's to Colorado or elsewhere I think he would be a decent piece in a bigger trade package. 

Larsson played very well down the stretch and may finally be taking the next step to becoming a bona fide NHLer. I think some other teams have probably taken notice, and he could also be a nice piece in a bigger trade package. 

Pysyk/McCabe/Zadorov - I bunch these three together because I don't necessarily think one is any better than the others, or that one is more likely to be traded than any of the others. But I do know you have to give up something to get something, and if we're going to trade for a high-caliber top line player, it's probably going to cost us one of them.

Hodgson - Unlikely, but you never know. I only include him because he was such a disappointment that every option has to be explored as far as moving him. If Murray calls every team in the league and offers to retain 50% of his contract, you never know -- maybe someone bites. But I doubt it.

Moulson - Also unlikely, but one of the few guys I would be ok with parting with that might still have value after the atrocity that was last season.

Grigorenko, Larsson, Pysyk/McCabe/Zadorov, Hodgson, Moulson

Grigorenko is the obvious #1 to me because he has had struggles, has been accused of not giving enough effort, has been delegated to 3rd & 4th line minutes the majority of his time in the NHL with 3 different coaches, but has produced well in the AHL and is young enough that he could still grow into a NHL player. The obvious connection to Roy helps, but whether it's to Colorado or elsewhere I think he would be a decent piece in a bigger trade package. 

Larsson played very well down the stretch and may finally be taking the next step to becoming a bona fide NHLer. I think some other teams have probably taken notice, and he could also be a nice piece in a bigger trade package. 

Pysyk/McCabe/Zadorov - I bunch these three together because I don't necessarily think one is any better than the others, or that one is more likely to be traded than any of the others. But I do know you have to give up something to get something, and if we're going to trade for a high-caliber top line player, it's probably going to cost us one of them.

Hodgson - Unlikely, but you never know. I only include him because he was such a disappointment that every option has to be explored as far as moving him. If Murray calls every team in the league and offers to retain 50% of his contract, you never know -- maybe someone bites. But I doubt it.

Moulson - Also unlikely, but one of the few guys I would be ok with parting with that might still have value after the atrocity that was last season.

There is no way in hell Murray retains 50% of Hodgson's cap. The reason to dump Hodgson would be to free up cap space and a roster spot for a better player and if he was willing to waste over $2 million in space for the next 4 seasons then he's better off buying him out at 1/3 his contract value which can only be done before he turns 25.

Edited by Drunkard

I think everybody knows I want to keep Grigo by now. So I came up with an alternative proposal. I know we need a right wing and I think Oshie was born to be Reinhart' s wing. So how about Larsson, Hodgson,and our other first for Oshie. How far off am I?

You'd have to get a GM to bite on "Hodgson just needs a (nother) change of scenery". Right now, I don't think he's adding to that trade, maybe even subtracting due to his contract length.

I'm over Mcdavid, oilers can have him. Eichel is the truth!

I agree. McDavid is so tempting though but the cost would be astronomical. Plus NO way a team from Canada trades its new prodigal hockey son. If this were Arizona I would say there would be a better chance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.