Who does Tim Murray Trade in the summer of 2015?

LGR4GM

I think a swap w/ Edmonton will be more about saving face.  Still feel McDavid doesn't want to play for Edmonton and the Oilers won't want to deal with that PR nightmare.  Murray knows this.  Murray has no reason to throw the kitchen sink at Edmonton.

Murray has no reason to offer Edmonton anything.  

I think a swap w/ Edmonton will be more about saving face.  Still feel McDavid doesn't want to play for Edmonton and the Oilers won't want to deal with that PR nightmare.  Murray knows this.  Murray has no reason to throw the kitchen sink at Edmonton.

With that being said, Eichel, Grigs and Hodgson, and a couple 2nd rounders for McDavid and Yakupov isn't chopped liver.  I don't think Murray throws in 16 first rounder since it could be a lottery pick.  If so, scratch the two 2nd rounders.

Eichel

Grigs

Hodgson

1st in 2016 (possible lottery)

for

McDavid

Yakupov

I see that as doable.

If you want a starting point for a trade like this, take a look at the Lindros trade. 

McDavid alone would cost something along the lines of

Girgensons, Eichel, Ristolainen, Georges, and maybe a 2nd rounder or lower prospect.

If you're gonna pull off one of the biggest trades in the league's history, it's going to hurt. If you really want to know what a trade like this looks, just keep adding pieces until you think "too much, I wouldn't do that trade" and you're almost there. 

I think a swap w/ Edmonton will be more about saving face. Still feel McDavid doesn't want to play for Edmonton and the Oilers won't want to deal with that PR nightmare. Murray knows this. Murray has no reason to throw the kitchen sink at Edmonton.

With that being said, Eichel, Grigs and Hodgson, and a couple 2nd rounders for McDavid and Yakupov isn't chopped liver. I don't think Murray throws in 16 first rounder since it could be a lottery pick. If so, scratch the two 2nd rounders.

Eichel

Grigs

Hodgson

1st in 2016 (possible lottery)

for

McDavid

Yakupov

I see that as doable.

Not even remotely close to doable. Murray would get fired for making this phone call. Take WildCard's offer and add 4 first round picks to it as well as Reinhart and they maybe think about it.

Man I would be so pissed if Grigo gets traded. We are finally at a point were we can roll three lines with little drop off and you guys want to trade our third line center. IMO we have our centers for the next decade with 1c Eichel, 2c Reinhart, and 3c being Grigo.

The thing I don't get is. We finally get to were we need to be and everybody here wants to start trading our talent away. We are not going to be a playoff team next year. So everybody needs to slow down and have some patience. This year is about development, not trading our future away for guys like Mike Green and RoR.

Man I would be so pissed if Grigo gets traded. We are finally at a point were we can roll three lines with little drop off and you guys want to trade our third line center. IMO we have our centers for the next decade with 1c Eichel, 2c Reinhart, and 3c being Grigo.

The thing I don't get is. We finally get to were we need to be and everybody here wants to start trading our talent away. We are not going to be a playoff team next year. So everybody needs to slow down and have some patience. This year is about development, not trading our future away for guys like Mike Green and RoR.

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating we trade anybody. I'm simply answering the question posed by the OP.

GO SABRES!!!

we may not be far from the playoffs next yr. depends on maturity of Rinehart and free agent aquisitions

No worries. Wasn't trying to direct my post at anybody specifically. Well maybe a little bit at the people trying to throw the kitchen sink to get RoR.

I think Roy's relationship with Grigorenko naturally fuels that speculation about RoR.

GO SABRES!!!

Nope. That's for GM's like Holmgren IMO.  I don't really see it as a relevant option, though within the rules.  It just doesn't make much sense. 

I'd be very careful about offer sheets, as the Sabres 2016 picks may still be pretty early.

I think Roy's relationship with Grigorenko naturally fuels that speculation about RoR.

GO SABRES!!!

It does. But I could care less! I want Grigo on this team for the foreseeable future. The way I look at it, we already have 3guy's who are pretty much the exact same player in Zemgus, Marcus, and Delaurias(or however you spell his name). Without trading prospects,draft picks, and our future away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.