GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

They would trade out to us.  Edmonton Buffalo swap would be something.  

I could see the Oilers playing this angle.  I could also see Murray playing ball with them.  Although the GM said he couldn't see himself trading out of this position, which is why i'm thinking they just take Eichel since admitting of not trading the pick takes out the drama for Buffalo

Murray is going to go after McDavid. This could get interesting.

I agree

And this is why you don't tank. Jack Eichel had better be the next Modano. You are never guaranteed the #1pick. NEVER!!!!!!!!!! By the way, when is Mike Babcock coming again? Yes the Sabres have loads of young talent but I do feel this "rebuild" will now take considerably longer then expected. In Jack we trust!!!! I still do not believe Babcock sets foot in Buffalo so start looking for another coach whose last name isn't Bylsma. Calling Luke Richardson! I hope this all pans out Sabre fans or we are in for years of more pain. Not my way of building but I am no GM. I prefer the Habs, Wings, Bruins way of building.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY YOU TANK.  We're still getting the other generational talent in the draft.  

Even Milbury looked bummed for the kid.  Edmonton does nothing for the NHL to market to the US audience.  It is not a good TV fit.  Even if they sign him...there will not be a flood of free agent talent wanting to play there. It is not the 80s and Gretzky.  

The price would not be worth paying...

The price won't be that high. EDM could just draft Eichel and leave us McDavid but they'd be dumb to do that. They should trade with the Sabres, but Murray will laugh and hang up on the Oilers if they ask for too much. We offer them the Islanders #1 pick and they take it.

And this is why you don't tank. Jack Eichel had better be the next Modano. You are never guaranteed the #1pick. NEVER!!!!!!!!!! By the way, when is Mike Babcock coming again? Yes the Sabres have loads of young talent but I do feel this "rebuild" will now take considerably longer then expected. In Jack we trust!!!! I still do not believe Babcock sets foot in Buffalo so start looking for another coach whose last name isn't Bylsma. Calling Luke Richardson! I hope this all pans out Sabre fans or we are in for years of more pain. Not my way of building but I am no GM. I prefer the Habs, Wings, Bruins way of building.

Uh, the tank was never about getting McDavid.  The tank was about ensuring we got McDavid or Eichel which we did!  The tank was a success.  How would you like to be Arizona?  They're the team that got screwed.  And I can't say I'm unhappy about that because Regier didn't deserve it.

Edited by smj

What if Edmonton stuns the hockey world and trades the pick? As they really don't need another forward. Doubtful they'd pass on McDavid but you never know.

They actually could build their team for many years if they traded down to 2, then traded down to 3 and took Hanifan.

The price won't be that high. EDM could just draft Eichel and leave us McDavid but they'd be dumb to do that. They should trade with the Sabres, but Murray will laugh and hang up on the Oilers if they ask for too much. We offer them the Islanders #1 pick and they take it.

Any trade involving McDavid would have to be because he and his agent demand it. Lindros part 2.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.