Milan Lucic

inkman

Everyone needs to remember he's on the last year of his deal.His price won't be high and there isn't long term ramifications.

I laughed out loud

But Boston didn't make the playoffs. So that's an extra month of eating and drinking before the season starts. That fat bastard will be tipping the scale at 290 lbs by the time September hits.

But Boston didn't make the playoffs. So that's an extra month of eating and drinking before the season starts. That fat bastard will be tipping the scale at 290 lbs by the time September hits.

all the better more thug girth to embrace, blue and gold  faithful go over to the dark side, what a great story line for next season

Evander Kane has outplayed Lucic almost every season that they both have been in the league. 

I'm all for taking Lucic if the price is a little above the standard 2nd line winger rental price. What would you be willing to part with?

Outplayed? How? 

all the better more thug girth to embrace, blue and gold  faithful go over to the dark side, what a great story line for next season

I think he was talking about Cody Hodgson. 

Outplayed? How? 

Points, possession, various accepted measures, but maybe not as an all around "Impact" player.

I'm really not as prepared as I should be to hang my hat on that issue. I'm more interested in what your perfect price for 1 year of Milan's services would be.

Add 20 goals and 20 assists to a 2nd line that has Moulson and a young, talented center on it and Ii think there is enough (assuming competent goaltending).

I'm not a huge fan of catch-all statistics, but I think point shares are valuable just in the sense that it's a nice illustration of how hockey is very much a team game, especially when you're talking about non-franchise players. At his peak, Lucic was worth around 8 points in the standings. For the sake of argument if we take that at face value, the Sabres would have to be about an 86 point team for him to put us over the top (and that's assuming he repeats his peak performances). I'm not convinced we're an 86 point team without him, although that can change with other major acquisitions. Ultimately I think I'm where GCoE is with this in that I'm looking at it as a one year deal because I'm just not sure I want him on a long term deal (his age and style of play doesn't indicate quality production into his 30s IMO).

With ideas like that, Terry Pegula is glad you aren't his financial advisor.  :huh:

Meh.  he just paid a coach 3 years for 1 year of service.  He can go drill a well.  :)  It's not about money here...

You can add a couple of more players and still not equal what Lucic brings. At still only 26 years old the man is a BEAST. 

Not wanting Lucic on the Sabres is like not wanting Brock Lesnar as your tag team partner. It's pure insanity. If the Bruins did put him on the market there would be 29 GM's calling the Bruins. 

Picking up Lucic not only would you be getting a one of kind player, you'd also wouldn't have to play against him and you would have Lucic on your roster to play against the Bruins.  

Well, I'm not up on my wrestling.. so let's say I would consider it more like not wanting Brock Lesnar because I want John Cena or something like that.  

Ever since the Miller incident I've not felt as though Lucic has had an impact on any game against the Sabres.  Certainly not as much as Marchand has... 

Seriously? Who do the Sabres have better on the wing right now. No one. Maybe Girgensons in a few years. Ennis is a nice player, nowhere near the impact player Lucic is. Moulson, not even close. Kane? Maybe if he gets his game on track. Other than that, there is a reason the Sabres are coming off the worst stretch in franchise history, any player with the potential to be better than a Lucic has yet to either play for the Sabres or haven;t spent significant time with the Sabres. 

Jagr? Jagr wasn't a player to play into his 40's when he was 26. 

I think that Ennis and Kane are better players than Lucic, but that certainly doesn't mean that I don't want him on the roster.  With Kane and Lucic, we'd finally have a top 6 with the right blend of talent and beef.

I was watching NESN last night and the question of the day was what do they do with Lucic. He's got a big cap number, his production fell way off and their going to need some cap relief next season.

I hate the guy but I'm curious to see how many of you would want him on the Sabres.

He past his "sell by" date. His production does not justify his salary. Just say NO!

I'd rather have ROR at that price. Just sayin'.

I agree. If we are wasting assets on a LW I'd rather take O'Reilly.  

Chicken dinner. 

Yeah. I don't know why it took 3 pages for logic to kick in, but that's the real answer to winger. The player we acquire doesn't have to be a washed-up goon, albeit with offensive production. I think adding ROR and Stewart puts enough beef on the team where you don't need Lucic, whether it's for intimidation, fighting, or bringing the donuts to morning skate.

Edited by SabresFanInRochester

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.