Milan Lucic

inkman

Essentially, this discussion boils down to: at 26, is Lucic really on the downward trend, or is it situational with the Bruins this year? Lucic in the past has shown some really strong play, but so have a host of players shown a couple years of "good/great" and then never get that magic back (think Marcus Foligno for those 25 games with Ennis and Staff). Making calls like this are why GMs get the big bucks.

The follow-on discussion is, "Is what the Sabres give up worth what Lucic brings now on an already-crowded LW?" I can't say I recall much that Lucic did in the Buffalo v. Boston games this year, but that's not saying much. I'd pass, personally. Good Lucic is a sure upgrade to any Sabres LW not named Kane (and maybe even him, too). This year's Lucic is a 3/4 liner, whom you generally don't pay nearly that much or give up assets to get. Interestingly, Lucic has 3 fighting majors this season. That's one less than Foligno, Weber, and Strachan, and five (!!) less than Chris Stewart.

I'd simply rather force the other team to try to address my team's speed than physical strength--Kane forces game planning as much as Lucic does. Someone like Simmonds is much more enticing to me than Lucic because he's a much better skater while bringing a physical presence.

I also have false hope that the NHL with resume calling penalties, which will make that speed more important.

So apparently Bettman today actually said that the only reason penalties are down is because the games are closer so the players are more careful not to take them. I officially retract the bold...I don't even have false hope anymore.

So apparently Bettman today actually said that the only reason penalties are down is because the games are closer so the players are more careful not to take them. I officially retract the bold...I don't even have false hope anymore.

Yea Gary, it isn't because you stopped calling interference and pretty much let defenders beat on forwards whenever.

To quote myself from a post a few days ago...Bettman is a SHITHEAD!   :angry:  :angry:  :angry: 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.