Milan Lucic

inkman

Ristolainen, Zadorov, Zemgus, Weber, Gorges, Foligno... if only we had someone! 

Seriously though Lucic brings nothing that isn't already here.  If he played RW I might be more inclined.

We do need a RW or two though. So again, this isn't 2007! ;)

(although I for one have Cody Hodgson slotted in to one of the top 6 RW spots)

Seriously though Lucic brings nothing that isn't already here.  If he played RW I might be more inclined.

I was going to look it up and post that. Damn, that LGR beats us to the punch again. The Sabres have a lot of LW (and centers that would gravitate to LW if moved over). I'm not saying the Lucic wouldn't beat out several of them, but it may be more important to shore up RW if we're giving up assets.

I was going to look it up and post that. Damn, that LGR beats us to the punch again. The Sabres have a lot of LW (and centers that would gravitate to LW if moved over). I'm not saying the Lucic wouldn't beat out several of them, but it may be more important to shore up RW if we're giving up assets.

exactly we have a finite amount of assets.  Now over time we can acquire more but as of this moment we have x.  I think we should keep those assets and look for a RW because that would be the wisest way to spend them.  I think at the draft depending on where that 2nd 1st round pick is you might be able to trade that and something for a very good RW.  

He really is a dick, eh? Save some room for the rest of us with your knowledgeable, topical posts.

This is my thinking as well. Why not have a policeman who can score a bit on one of our young centers wings?

I've been advocating this ever since Stewart was moved.  Please, let's get a shield for our elite prospects.

Until any of the guys you've listed actually intimidate opposing players, no they don't bring what Lucic brings.  He's a heavyweight with hands. We don't have that.  You can count on the fingers of one hand (and have fingers left over) the number of teams that can honestly say they already have what Lucic brings. 

Deslauriers brings it.

You don't want an elite center prospect paired up with a 4th liner.

I like how we are one of the least talented teams in recent history.....but are so stacked at C we have to trade grigs and Lucic adds nothing as a winger

LOL

Or Chris Neil.

I have no use for Neil.  But there's room on my roster for a bully that averages 20 goals and 40 points per season.

He is a LFS and a LW.  Desluariers gives us his toughness and Kane easily gives us his toughness plus better production.  I think the assets needed to acquire him would be better spent elsewhere.

Also why help the Bruins out of cap hell, let them rot.  They were stupid to trade Seguin and soon they will be paying for it.

You can add a couple of more players and still not equal what Lucic brings. At still only 26 years old the man is a BEAST. 

Not wanting Lucic on the Sabres is like not wanting Brock Lesnar as your tag team partner. It's pure insanity. If the Bruins did put him on the market there would be 29 GM's calling the Bruins. 

Picking up Lucic not only would you be getting a one of kind player, you'd also wouldn't have to play against him and you would have Lucic on your roster to play against the Bruins.  

Edited by DeLuca1967

You can add a couple of more players and still not equal what Lucic brings. At still only 26 years old the man is a BEAST. 

Not wanting Lucic on the Sabres is like not wanting Brock Lesnar as your tag team partner. It's pure insanity. If the Bruins did put him on the market there would be 29 GM's calling the Bruins. 

Picking up Lucic not only would you be getting a one of kind player, you'd also wouldn't have to play against him and you would have Lucic on your roster to play against the Bruins.  

Adding Lucic to what we have would make us an instant playoff team I bet.

I don't think he was ever good enough to have that big of an impact, but even still, it would greatly depend upon which Lucic were getting.

Add 20 goals and 20 assists to a 2nd line that has Moulson and a young, talented center on it and Ii think there is enough (assuming competent goaltending).

I was waiting for this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.