The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Is McLellan signed to EDM already?

Yes. Introduced yesterday.

Anyone know anything about John Stevens? Think he is in LA's system.

Locked in as Sutter's successor. Promoted to Associate HC last year when teams started calling.

anyone else think Nolan may have a bit of a smile on his face this afternoon?

That being said, I'm not bothered at all that Babcock isn't coming to Buffalo and may actually turn into a good thing in the long term. The 2 gold medals don't impress me at all as most anyone could have coached that team to the Gold and really hasn't done much with the Wings over the last few years.

If he had a smile it was probably gas.

Maybe I'm petty, but I hope Kessel and Phaneuf hate Babcock and make his life miserable. Wait, that's not petty. I hate the Leafs and now he's one of them.

Weren't the Wings rumored to be wanting Phaneuf?  Seems like Babcock probably had some input on that?  Maybe he really likes Phaneuf?

If he had a smile it was probably gas.

Weren't the Wings rumored to be wanting Phaneuf?  Seems like Babcock probably had some input on that?  Maybe he really likes Phaneuf?

Phaneuf is now the captain on Team Babcock.

So what are some names we haven't discussed? It's hard to find some guys that have the relationship with Murray prerequisite.

Ulf Samuelsson and Scott Arniel, assistants with the Rags, have been popular candidates recently.

Kevin Dineen and Mike Kitchen, assistants with Chicago, are highly-regarded and Dineen has been a favorite around here at times.

Tony Granato was once considered a hot name before he was part of the Bylsma group that got canned in Pittsburgh. Was in Detroit this year as an assistant.

Benoit Groulx of the Olympiques, and former coach in Rochester, has had his name mentioned among dark-horse candidates.

We know of Bylsma, Guy Boucher, Luke Richardson, Claude Julien.

I just want some news on who we're going to look at next.

I'd kick the tires on Dineen. I know it's all about the talent to execute it, but I love how the Blackhawks play hockey and if he brought that kind of philosophy, I think our players would like it, too.

GO SABRES!!!

Housley.  

Offensive defenseman. Coached in World Juniors. Been an assistant in Nashville to help get the d more offensively involved.

Not bad, but WE have TPegs money, I want the best money can get. Not sure he is it, or isn't for that matter.... 

So what are some names we haven't discussed? It's hard to find some guys that have the relationship with Murray prerequisite.

Ulf Samuelsson and Scott Arniel, assistants with the Rags, have been popular candidates recently.

Kevin Dineen and Mike Kitchen, assistants with Chicago, are highly-regarded and Dineen has been a favorite around here at times.

Tony Granato was once considered a hot name before he was part of the Bylsma group that got canned in Pittsburgh. Was in Detroit this year as an assistant.

Benoit Groulx of the Olympiques, and former coach in Rochester, has had his name mentioned among dark-horse candidates.

We know of Bylsma, Guy Boucher, Luke Richardson, Claude Julien.

I just want some news on who we're going to look at next.

Why does it need to be someone who already has an existing relationship with Murray?  I get fed up with those levels of nepotism in sports at times.  Just go out and find the best guy, I don't care if you've worked with him before.