2015 NHL Playoffs -- Round 1

Hoss

I had to reschedule something from Thursday to Friday evening, so I wouldn't have been able to go to the Preds game whether I wanted to try and jump through hoops or not. But, we were thinking of going down to Broadway later on but decided not to figuring it would be chaos.

Turns out, people we know went and said there were only three people outside the arena watching on the big video screen.

The game was great.  The arena was absolutely rocking - as loud as I've ever heard it.  You are correct in that Broadway was a zoo last night with the playoff hockey game, the first game at our new AAA stadium, and a big convention in town.

Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins) was sitting behind me at the game.  I'm a big fan from back in the day, so I thought that was pretty cool.

Edited by Borscht

I haven't read a single post in this thread, but as I calm down from that 15sec isles OT win, and watch the pro in Chicago sing the anthem, I'm reminded that this is the first season in a long time that I haven't had to see that ding-a-ling in boston (rene something) ham it up with his best ethel mirman impression and fist-pumps (how many THIS time?!) even once.

major flaw with the habs is they are wee.  Wonder what they do when Buffalo starts using them for ping pong balls in 2 years.  

Myth.

Max Pacioretty - 6'2 214

Lars Eller - 6'2 209

Devante Smith-Pelly - 6'0 220

Dale Weise - 6'2 205

Brandon Prust - 6'0 195

Manny Malhotra - 6'2 207

Alex Galchenyuk - 6'1 198

All of their defenders are 6'2 or taller aside from Markov and Subban and they're no pushovers...

Some of those guys aren't bruisers, but they've got size and most of them are tough on the puck or defending it.

They're only called small because of Desharnais and Gallagher.

Edmonton will win again?

Too soon.  :cry:  ;)

How much longer does Ovechkin put up with being on such a loser team?

Until June 2016, when the Sabres,after a strong push, miss the post season and pull an Edmonton and win the Austen Matthews sweepstakes and help the Caps realize you gotta build down the Middle.

Until June 2016, when the Sabres,after a strong push, miss the post season and pull an Edmonton and win the Austen Matthews sweepstakes and help the Caps realize you gotta build down the Middle.

1.  Auston.

2.  Not happening.

3.  OV will leave the Caps as soon as he can.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.