Is anyone to blame if we don't finish last?

Stads

Next season the fans should boo Weber every time he touches the puck so he's motivated to become an all star.

As soon as this season is done, it should be buried in a vault under Yucca Mt and never spoken of again.  What happened in 2014-'15 stays in 2014-'15.

I blame Obama.

I agree but as seen below, they're still blaming Bush! I think it's Irbe's fault ultimately. Who knew how good he could be at this goalie coaching thing. Well Nolan I suppose.

Let's blame George W. Bush.....  :ph34r:

Or just Bush ... Tried and true.

Nolan.

"riding the hot goaltender", all year long versus going with a traditional 2-1 rotation has cost team at least 8-10 points.

Nolan is a hypocrite.  He signed the contract knowing the organizational strategy, yet, decided not to do his part.  I have no respect for the man.

I kind of have to agree with this.

I know Hackett got hurt, but even knowing his contract situation, he still kept riding Lindback. Also, especially with us being out of the playoffs, he should have been playing the kids more, but instead rode his veterans like Ellis which accomplishes nothing. Meaningless wins that actually hurt the team's future are a result of vanity.

Nolan.

"riding the hot goaltender", all year long versus going with a traditional 2-1 rotation has cost team at least 8-10 points.

Nolan is a hypocrite.  He signed the contract knowing the organizational strategy, yet, decided not to do his part.  I have no respect for the man.

I could get with this but Nolan is playing for NHL life too.  He knows his chance of being here in the future is low w/ GMTM,  So wins are his best bet at landing another gig.  I suppose you could argue "team player w/ mgmt" might be his better shot given his reputation, but he's a lone wolf, that isn't happening.

Ted Nolan. Next time maybe he'll share the vision of his employer. Oh wait, there won't be a next time.

I could get with this but Nolan is playing for NHL life too. He knows his chance of being here in the future is low w/ GMTM, So wins are his best bet at landing another gig. I suppose you could argue "team player w/ mgmt" might be his better shot given his reputation, but he's a lone wolf, that isn't happening.

I disagree Nolan has been playing for his NHL life. He knew the expectations going into this season and he decided to go rogue...once again. He's done it in the past and he's doing it again today. In fact, Nolan is coaching his way out of the NHL with his inability to be a team player. If we don't finish last, he'll definitely be fired and he won't coach another NHL game in his life. Lesson not learned, I guess. Edited by kas23

I keep hearing that Nolan is going to get canned and that he is not a team player, I get the point of view, but it's no certainty that he's gone.... In fact I think he will be the coach for at least another year regardless of where we are at the end of the year.... Just my opinion.... And I'm OK with it unless there is a very very good candidate willing to step in ie. Babcock

I keep hearing that Nolan is going to get canned and that he is not a team player, I get the point of view, but it's no certainty that he's gone.... In fact I think he will be the coach for at least another year regardless of where we are at the end of the year.... Just my opinion.... And I'm OK with it unless there is a very very good candidate willing to step in ie. Babcock

There still seems to be a significant philosophical disconnect between Nolan and Murray, which you don't see on other teams. GMTM won't be sentimental in dealing with Nolan. Nor will the fans this time around.

There is a thread for this.  And he's gone.  I'm not saying he should be gone, but he's gone.  But maybe--I'm not being bossy, or even Mike Bossy--let's have it out it in that thread?  

Edited by Eleven

I apologize to all of the anti-tankers for this topic. In the event that we finish 29th, who do you feel is most responsible? Is it Ted Nolan, Murray, Maloney and Regier, or someone else? You might also think that no one is to blame and stuff happens.

Tim Murray.  Supposedly this is the season where we're trying to finish last and he breaks the bank to bring back Moulson and trades draft picks for Gorges.  He has two good goalies in Enroth and Neuvirth, and he waits forever to trade them.  And, worst of all, he's using a coach who is completely philosophically opposed to what the team is doing.  

When this goes sideways -- and I assume it's "when" at this point as I watch the Sabres take the lead against the Blackhawks late in the 3rd period -- it's time to think about what grade we'd give Murray for his first year and a half.  Other than Reinhart, his first draft sucked.  And if the Tank fails, then what has he done right?

You can blame Nolan for being a moron who can't work with any NHL GM ever.

And you can blame Pegula for not being ruthless enough to pull this off.  He got wobbly halfway through last season, fired everyone, and brought in old fan favorites because rebuilding felt too icky for him.

Whatever.  It's Buffalo.  Did you expect things to work out?

Edited by Robviously

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.