2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

Pretty interesting that Coco is apparently ahead of Pysyk in the rotation.

For the tank conspiracy theorists, it's worth noting that Coco seems to be contributing quite a bit more to this year's team than Meszaros and Benoit contributed to last year's team.

Coco had a nice game. He's been playing and skating well. He was a solid pickup. 

Pretty interesting that Coco is apparently ahead of Pysyk in the rotation.

For the tank conspiracy theorists, it's worth noting that Coco seems to be contributing quite a bit more to this year's team than Meszaros and Benoit contributed to last year's team.

There are tank conspiracy theorists this year? I think Coco has done pretty well for his situation

No Larsson or Reinhart centering the third line? Hmmm.

My lines sans 9 and 28:

Moulson - O'Reilly - Gionta

Foligno - Eichel - Reinhart

McGinn - Larsson - Ennis

Deslauriers - Schaller - Legwand  (Legwand or Schaller at C)

The weakness these lines have is no obvious shutdown triplet, but I like it better than Legwand centering the 3rd line.

Coco played a very nice game against the sharks.  Dude has a decent set of skates under him.

Pysyk's a righty so I am not surprised to see Bogo bump him. With Franson's power play and shot abilities Pysyk won't nudge him out either.  Pysyk should learn some left defense.

Didn't he play left D extensively in the AHL last year?

Girgs missed a shift or two after an injury against San Jose, although he later returned.  Probably an injury/maintenance day off.

I just don't get Reinhart not playing on the top line with ROR.

I'm with you.  I thought Samson's last two games were very strong.  Gionta seems to be back to his old self, but his effort would serve us on any line.  Samson's smooth mitts are put to best use when they can feed somebody that's dangerous.

(dangerous with the puck, not dangerous because they have sledgehammers for hands)

Zemgus to the Dr today..LBI

Where are you seeing this? 

Girgensons still dealing with some "bumps and bruises" from the hit last game, Coach Bylsma says. Unclear if he'll be able to play tomorrow.

Coach Bylsma says Bogosian looks like he'll be ready to play sometime this week.

Honestly I'm not sure I want Bogosian to start against a fast team like Dallas because he'll probably be rusty against game speed, but it's our only home game until next Monday, and getting him on the ice for the lines you want may be huge

Byslma reiterated it is not a concussion for Zemgus

On Bogosian

“He looks like he should be ready to play sometime this week,” Bylsma said. “We put him in a few more situations on purpose to get some 5-on-5 situations and we’ll see how he reacts. We put him in those situations because the game ones are coming up for him.”

Bogosian played on the right side in alternating defensive pairs during line rushes, but then saw time playing on the offside to the left of Rasmus Ristolainen when 5-on-5 drills began later in practi

Lines at practice:

Moulson-O'Reilly-Gionta

Larsson-Eichel-Ennis

Deslauriers-Legwand-McGinn

Foligno-Schaller-Reinhart

No #28.

@BuffaloSabres  2m

Defense this AM:

Gorges-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Colaiacovo-Franson

Pysyk rotating

I desperately hope ROR gets new wingers for the Dallas game. Not because I'm bashing on Gio and Moulson, but we have players that are better-suited than them for (at least an attempt at) containing Sharp-Seguin-Benn.

There has never been a more appropriate nickname coined than Afinogennis. When he's on, he's great fun to watch and very effective. But when he's off, yeesh.

I really disagree on this. Max always had his head down and was constantly putting his teammates offside because of it. Ennis is a much more complete player, sure Ennis was offside on the disputed Samson goal (albeit airborne to keep from getting jackknifed)  

But Ennis also created it away from the puck by going to net and screening the goaltender. 

That's a play Max would  never make.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.