2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

Actually I was thinking of McGinn in that TBD slot.  Just haven't read or seen enough of him to have a good feeling for. Also he is coming off of back surgery so we need to see what he brings to camp.   As to your point about Foligno, Foligno spent last year getting back up to speed after having shoulder surgery. We should just him on this year.

How about Foligno as 4th line center between Deslauriers and McGinn?  allows Gionta to play on a line with Rienhart and Larrson.

We should just...him on this year...huh? Lol.

I want Foligno and McGinn on a line together...I'd love to see Foligno center a line with McGinn and Deslauriers as his wings too. He played center a bit, no? (Better question, could he play center?) I really like McGinn, after reading up on him and seeing what Avs fans had to say about him. Sticks up for teammates, can score, hits, strong on the puck, etc.

(A lot of people think McGinn gets offered decent money next year, if he stays healthy...he's probably only here for one year.)

you beat me to the punch.

I am lazy... really lazy today. Anyone want to list the opening roster for 2013 with the projected opening roster for 2015?  Just so we can see the difference.

A comparison to last year's roster, which was a little hard to do since there were so many players in and out.

Not a direct positional comparison, did this mostly based on role and ice time.

Zemgus ---> O'Reilly

Ennis ---> Ennis

Moulson ---> Kane

Gionta ---> Eichel

Foligno ---> Girgensons

Stewart ---> Moulson

Stafford ---> Gionta

Flynn ---> Foligno

Mitchell ---> Larsson

Hodgson ---> Reinhart

Deslauriers ---> Deslauriers

Kaleta ---> McGinn

Larsson ---> Legwand

Ellis ---> McCormick

Myers ---> Bogosian

Gorges ---> Ristolainen

Ristolainen ---> TBD

Weber ---> Gorges

Meszaros ---> Pysyk

Zadorov ---> McCabe

Strachan ---> Weber

Benoit ---> TBD

Enroth ---> Lehner

Nuevirth ---> Johnson

How would Brayden McNabb look in the 2015-16 line-up?

Defense -- shoots L
Born Jan 21 1991 -- Davidson, SASK 
[24 yrs. ago] 
Height 6.04 -- Weight 205 [193 cm/93 kg]

If you ranked Murray's trades would McNabb for Deslauries and Fasching be the worst? As a straight up trade its not a bad trade but as we stand today - this is one I would definitely want this one back. 

Edited by Crusader1969

A tad bit premature, don't you think?  Three pieces of the deal haven't even turned pro yet (actually, it looks like their first pick did get a couple games at the end of year).

McNabb is a Left handed D that we are short and is already playing 15 mins a night with LAK while Deslauries and Fasching will probably play wing on the Sabres 4th line for their career.  Its revisionist thinking but still one that I would like back.

McNabb is a Left handed D that we are short and is already playing 15 mins a night with LAK while Deslauries and Fasching will probably play wing on the Sabres 4th line for their career.  Its revisionist thinking but still one that I would like back.

Doesn't Fasching project out to 2/3 winger?  

Also finding a LHD to play 15mins a night is pretty easy. 

Doesn't Fasching project out to 2/3 winger?  

Also finding a LHD to play 15mins a night is pretty easy. 

I dont think Fasching scores enough to be a 3rd liner. Plus I have Baptiste plugged in as a 3rd line RW long term.

McNabb played 15 mins in his first full year in NHL. He could eventually be a 2nd Pair LD. 

I dont think Fasching scores enough to be a 3rd liner. Plus I have Baptiste plugged in as a 3rd line RW long term.

McNabb played 15 mins in his first full year in NHL. He could eventually be a 2nd Pair LD. 

Is McNabb better than McCabe.  That is really the question we should be asking. 

<p>

How would Brayden McNabb look in the 2015-16 line-up?

Defense -- shoots L

Born Jan 21 1991 -- Davidson, SASK

[24 yrs. ago]

Height 6.04 -- Weight 205 [193 cm/93 kg]

If you ranked Murray's trades would McNabb for Deslauries and Fasching be the worst? As a straight up trade its not a bad trade but as we stand today - this is one I would definitely want this one back.

He'd be just as bad as all our other LD options if we needed him to play top-4 minutes.

I think Baptiste's ceiling is a bit higher than that.  We will not have all stars in every slot, no one can afford that, so finding good combos will be important.  Baptiste has speed and scoring ability to complement a strong center and LW.  Hopefully he reaches that ceiling.

McNabb for Deslauriers looks like a good trade for both sides — useful bottom-end NHLers.

Fasching is among my favourite prospects, but Crusader is right to question his offensive upside.

If he is a good-possession 15-15 guy, he is worth to two 2nds.

Does the ice time mean all that much when he's competing for time with the likes of Jamie McBain and the corpse of Robyn Regehr?  I'm sure they're happy with him, but I'm not ready to judge a trade when the top piece going the other way is still playing in the NCAA.  They're trying to build up this Sabre team in a specific way and Fasching fits that more than McNabb does.  I'm not going to evaluate a trade based on where a guy will "probably" play.

Reinhart the RW on the top line?

Additionally, the Sabres picked up forwards Evander Kane and Sam Reinhart, who O'Reilly could see as his wings on the top line, as Bylsma said either Eichel, Reinhart or Zemgus Girgensons will likely move from center to wing.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=773017&navid=nhl:topheads

It makes more sense to break Reinhart in at Right Wing than it does to put yet another lefty out of position at right wing. With the addition of O'Reilly for the top 6 to go along with Eichel I'd rather see Reinhart playing wing than centering the 3rd line.

Kane O'Reilly Reinhart

Moulson Eichel Ennis

or

Moulson O'Reilly Reinhart

Kane Eichel Ennis

I guess you could put Girgensons in for Moulson too if you prefer, bump Moulson down to the 3rd line and have Larsson centering him and Gionta. All kinds of possibilities.

It makes more sense to break Reinhart in at Right Wing than it does to put yet another lefty out of position at right wing. With the addition of O'Reilly for the top 6 to go along with Eichel I'd rather see Reinhart playing wing than centering the 3rd line.Kane O'Reilly ReinhartMoulson Eichel EnnisorMoulson O'Reilly ReinhartKane Eichel EnnisI guess you could put Girgensons in for Moulson too if you prefer, bump Moulson down to the 3rd line and have Larsson centering him and Gionta. All kinds of possibilities.

I like that second one. Then the third could be Larrson with Gus and Gionta which could be a good checking line with some offensive punch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.