2015 NCAA Hockey Tournament

dEnnis the Menace

Absolutely inexcusable. Let's see how they react. Next couple of minutes will be huge. Don't let 'em build off that goal.

It happens. They're pushing really hard to try and win this game. 

Not watching, but radio broadcast makes it sound like an exciting game. I'm certainly enjoying it. 

Lafontaine for Minnesota State is Patty La's nephew. 

It's been a good game so far. RIT w/ 15 hits to MSM's 12.

They did a good job of not letting MSM jump on them after the pp goal for too many men.

Ruby just stoned Franklin. The D man fell asleep and was standing by himself behind the net leaving Franklin ALL alone in the low slot.

[Edit: Just killed off another penalty. Just under 10 to go, tied at 1.]

Edited by Taro T

Wayne Wilson has his boys playing unbelievable again. Let's go Tigers, make another run!!!

I watched the first period and I agree w/ you.

I watched him last wknd and in his Friday night game, he didn't stand out to me like everyone says he does. He can definitely skate like hell, but he seems too careless at times. Edited by Claude Balls

You don't lead all of college hockey in points without consistently being the best player on the ice. I think people expect to watch a guy like him to be on the puck non-stop making plays every time he touches it... That's just not how sports work.

Doing work today and only had the game on as background noise, but I watched one shift (seriously, I glanced up and he happened to be on the ice so I kept watching). He stole the puck in the defensive zone, carried it all the way up ice, and proceeded to dominate possession for the rest of his shift while creating a couple scoring chances. I was impressed. But again, it was the only shift I actually watched start to finish.

Props to RIT. That is awesome.

Jack Eichel may not dominate the NCAA games in a manner similar to McDavid in the OHL, but he will be fine. Really, Eichel will be fine.

Finally, I watched a fair amount of the Frozen Four games yesterday, and my main takeaway: That's not a very engaging brand of hockey. The games I saw were just sloppy, and had little flow.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Props to RIT. That is awesome.

Jack Eichel may not dominate the NCAA games in a manner similar to McDavid in the OHL, but he will be fine. Really, Eichel will be fine.

Finally, I watched a fair amount of the Frozen Four games yesterday, and my main takeaway: That's not a very engaging brand of hockey. The games I saw were just sloppy, and had little flow.

You're talking about Miami-Ohio vs. Providence aren't you...

I have seen something like 30 NCAA hockey games in the past 2 weeks, and it has been GLORIOUS!!!

First time in my life I haven't watched one minute of the March Madness basketball tournament...didn't even do a bracket, did a hockey one instead. Lol.

Really wish they would put more NCAA hockey on during the year...I get the Big 10 network, so I have seen all of Fasching's and Compher's games, but I'd like to see more.

So happy for RIT...I really hope they can make a run at this thing, and win it all like Union did last year, shocking the hockey world.

And as a captain on a #16 seed who beat the #1 seed, and is one of the top scorers in all of NCAA hockey...I would love to see Matt Garbowsky signed by the Sabres. (Losing Bailey stung a bit.)

Matt O'Connor is the apple of our eye though, or at least I hope he is...he's everything Murray wants in his goalies.

Has anyone seen shrader lately?

Didn't he used to be all over this tournament?  Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Sorry, needed a break from the petty bickering in every thread.

Anyway, those first two games have worked out well so far. The transformation that Eichel has brought to BU is nothing short of amazing. Evan Rodrigues, the second leading scorer in the nation had 60 points combined in the first three seasons of his career. This year he has 61 so far. That's what Eichel has done to this team. So if anyone wants to look down on him because he only picked up one point so far in the tourney, remember that he has brought so much more than just what you see on the score sheet.

And speaking of Rodrigues, both of those goals against UMD were great, especially that game winner. That kid seemed so useless last year, so he's been a very pleasant surprise. One thing about him that absolutely blows my mind is that Hockey East somehow voted him as a second team all star.  So he's the 2nd leading scorer in the nation, second only to his own teammate, he's a first team all american, but Hockey East somehow thought they had 3 forwards in the conference who had a better season than him.  Figure that one out.

And speaking of Rodrigues, both of those goals against UMD were great, especially that game winner. That kid seemed so useless last year, so he's been a very pleasant surprise. One thing about him that absolutely blows my mind is that Hockey East somehow voted him as a second team all star.  So he's the 2nd leading scorer in the nation, second only to his own teammate, he's a first team all american, but Hockey East somehow thought they had 3 forwards in the conference who had a better season than him.  Figure that one out.

as is so often the case: It Sucks to BU.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.