GDT: Buffalo at Dallas 3-23-15 8:00 PM

Brawndo

If you're a true Buffalonian...

You suck it up..

Walk it off..

And go to work and make life miserable for your co workers with the worlds worst hangover.

Well, I'm in Rochester so if I down a garbage plate that same night, I may be good to go the next day. They are quite the cure for a hangover, as long as you can keep it down and not spray it all over :-)

Personally, I've had  a lot of fun there. Way better than San Antonio, the tourist trap with a stinky creek running through it.

This was back in the '90s.  I understand it's changed quite a bit since then.

They are quite the cure for a hangover, as long as you can keep it down and not spray it all over :-)

That would cure a hangover, too.

Arg, the only thing that affects me about this drive to home are the interviews with Lindback. Poor guy sounds like he's going to break down

We've joked about all the young goalies that we've given first wins/shutouts to, but I really, really feel for the Sabres goalies who've been chewed up by this season - Enroth, Neuvirth, and now Lindback. I like to think one of them may be back next year under much more favorable conditions, but my bet is we'll have Chad Johnson and the best free agent goalie GMTM can sign. (It might be one of those three but I somehow doubt it.)

Are any of these guys going to be happy to see McEichel waltz into the locker room next year with clean cuticles and a smile on his face?

Hell yeah. Especially if Nolan is still coach.... "You gotta EARN your minutes on this team rookie, by playing on the FOURTH LINE." BWAHAHAHAHA!

Many thanks, kind sir. I've given up my rally against tank-talk in GDTs at this point, so as long as we can all acknowledge we're fans (albeit expressing that in different manners this season), we're good. :thumbsup:

I would liken the remaining fans to the kitchen party that goes on into the wee hours of the night after the rest of the party guests have left. We can really be frank with each other.

Hell yeah. Especially if Nolan is still coach.... "You gotta EARN your minutes on this team rookie, by playing on the FOURTH LINE." BWAHAHAHAHA!

You jest, but there's much truth in them there words pilgrim.

It may take a half the team being traded before McEichel gets more than 5 minutes of ice time. :cry:

Edited by Woods-Racer

And all Nick was doing was looking to hit someone. Definitely wasn't out there for his scoring touch.

To be fair, that's pretty much all he does every shift. If he scores it's just a happy coincidence.

Austin.  ...I still love you...

I like Austin. Austin and San Antonio are the two other Texas cities I wouldn't mind living in. Dallas and Houston.... not so much.

My parents live in Plano.  I don't like it much.  Too sterile with the manicured homes and manicured people and strip malls and chain restaurants.  But, I think it is more that I don't like the suburbs in general.

Chuck Norris lives down the street from my folks.  So, of course, no one messes with the neighborhood.  ;)

My parents live in Plano.  I don't like it much.  Too sterile with the manicured homes and manicured people and strip malls and chain restaurants.  But, I think it is more that I don't like the suburbs in general.

Chuck Norris lives down the street from my folks.  So, of course, no one messes with the neighborhood.  ;)

I vote for Chuck Norris as the next Sabres coach. And I don't care if he has no clue what a hockey puck is.

Agree. I live in one of the sprawl suburban neighborhoods of Fort Worth. It's not one of the newer, more expensive ones though; our hood is getting kinda shabby. We'd like to move closer into the city eventually, into an older home. Most of our friends live in the near southside of Fort Worth and it'd be nice be a short bicycle ride away from doing fun things. As it is, I'm 8-10 miles from the city core. I ride quite often but if I ride out to something at night it means I have to ride home alone through the barrio. At this point I pretty much know which streets are okay and which have the graffiti on them (if you know what I mean). So far no one's messed with me while I was riding home. But yeah, we're looking at other neighborhoods, trying to figure out where to live next.... definitely closer to the city core.

I vote for Chuck Norris as the next Sabres coach. And I don't care if he has no clue what a hockey puck is.

That would have been fine BZ (before Zemgus). I'm not sure it would work out well now. It could lead to the Ultimate Showdown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

I can see Weber; with Bogo and Gorges both down he's been on the top pair. I mean, who else are you going to put out there? Benny and the Mez? Strachan? Zadorov? Not sure any of those guys are going to be more likely to score or shoot a deflectable shot than Weber. Risto is the only offensive threat we have on the backside these days.

You could argue Zadorov, but with his positioning which isn't the best at times, I'm not sure you want him out there with an open net.

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

I can see Weber; with Bogo and Gorges both down he's been on the top pair. I mean, who else are you going to put out there? Benny and the Mez? Strachan? Zadorov? Not sure any of those guys are going to be more likely to score or shoot a deflectable shot than Weber. Risto is the only offensive threat we have on the backside these days.

You could argue Zadorov, but with his positioning which isn't the best at times, I'm not sure you want him out there with an open net.

No. When you need a goal, you don't put out a guy who can't score or pass to save his life, not matter how much he competes.

That's not a slight on Weber. He's been a warrior.

The game was entertaining we saw some good things from the kids and we didn't lose any ground to the Dogs.

Not a bad evening at all.

Edited by dudacek

With Bogo and Gorges both down, Weber is, once again, forced to play beyond his ability.  We saw a better Weber earlier this season when he was playing in the pairing and minutes that are his comfort zone.  That's why he's wearing the A, plus the fact that he's willing to warrior through the times like this when he knows he's playing minutes and pairings he shouldn't be.

Actually, if they were trying to score with the bench they had they should have put Risto and Deslauriers out on D. Nicky's played D in the past, and he is more likely to score than Weber.

But that's IF

Risto - Zadorov are my D if I'm trying to score in the last minute with this roster.  No question about it.

Can the stat line on the NHL.com site be correct? We blocked 42 shots? Added to the 39 shots on goal and counting however directed shots went wide, did we possess the puck AT ALL tonight? How did we score 3 goals? 

We need a coach that can teach and coach puck possession and a dominant centerman that can maintain it. Gee, if only I knew where we might get one of those.

GO SABRES!!!

Listening to WGR this morning they said the attempts were 100 to 49, that's a lot of shot attempts by the Stars.

Edited by kishoph

Listening to WGR this morning they said the attempts were 100 to 49, that's a lot of shot attempts by the Stars.

What's ridiculous is that the game was tied late despite that kind of differential.

Admittedly, though, the Stars did take a lot of shots from 20 feet away that hit (were "blocked" by) Sabres players.

I can't help but think there will be some resentment. "You're here because we took the lumps."

If there is those players will either adapt or die.

What's ridiculous is that the game was tied late despite that kind of differential.

Admittedly, though, the Stars did take a lot of shots from 20 feet away that hit (were "blocked" by) Sabres players.

That's how teams play us. And a part of me believes it's completely by Ted's design. We block an ass ton of shots and I don't see guys on the other side getting a lot of room... Maybe it forces the team into thinking they need to fire a shot on once they get an inch. Means a lot of weak shots from bad angles and Irbe has our goalies doing a good job in not letting those weak angle shots get behind them.

That's how teams play us. And a part of me believes it's completely by Ted's design. We block an ass ton of shots and I don't see guys on the other side getting a lot of room... Maybe it forces the team into thinking they need to fire a shot on once they get an inch. Means a lot of weak shots from bad angles and Irbe has our goalies doing a good job in not letting those weak angle shots get behind them.

No doubt that Ted is playing a "bend, but don't break" system that lets teams take lots of shots from the outside, but limits their prime chances from the middle and in close.  It's their only hope.  They aren't going for possession or Corsi or anything like that, because they couldn't hope to compete that way, but rather for survival and the hope that they can capitalize on the rare PP, odd-man rush or garbage goal.  Keeps games close (annoyingly so in the case of OT/SO's), but over the season hasn't won much.  Unfortunately, it won't have to in order to finish out of 30th.

No doubt that Ted is playing a "bend, but don't break" system that lets teams take lots of shots from the outside, but limits their prime chances from the middle and in close.  It's their only hope.  They aren't going for possession or Corsi or anything like that, because they couldn't hope to compete that way, but rather for survival and the hope that they can capitalize on the rare PP, odd-man rush or garbage goal.  Keeps games close (annoyingly so in the case of OT/SO's), but over the season hasn't won much.  Unfortunately, it won't have to in order to finish out of 30th.

Yep. They play for OT from the opening faceoff. It'll be interesting to see if they play the 'collapse on top of their own net / hope for the best if they get control of the puck' or if they open it up some on Thursday.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.