Special GDT: 12 University at Buffalo v 5 West Virginia (2:00, CBS)

Eleven

TNT ?

Maybe nationally--I think it's on CBS locally.  Could be wrong.

Have my UB shirt on at work today here in Tobacco Road.  No comments yet as most people are giddy over the big NC State win last night.

I am wearing blue and white.  No T-shirts here.

I can wear whatever I want but I work from home so I would hope so.

I love being actually able to cheer for the school from which I graduated unlike a lot of these Duke/UNC fans down here.

That's kind of a funny thing, isn't it?  I always liked Duke basketball and Nebraska football as a kid, and then I went to a school with real D-I programs and pretty much stopped following both of those other ones.

I do sorta pull for Niagara hockey, but I wouldn't if my schools had teams.

I can't remember the last time I was this nervous for a Buffalo sporting event. Tingles man, tingles.

Im just excited to be able to leave work at 2. The whole department is heading over to the local watering hole to watch the game together.

That and UB finally playing a meaningful game in the national spotlight. The program has come a long ways in the last few years.

Were they bonafide sporting events while you were going there?  ;)

94-99, so probably. I don't think the football team won more than a handful of games in that time though.

94-99, so probably. I don't think the football team won more than a handful of games in that time though.

Huh, they were apparently good in 96, 8-3.

I'm not a big basketball fan but I love watching UB play.  Probably after they are eliminated I will be out but I hope they beat WV.  Go Bulls, I remember going to basketball games and trying everything to make players miss free throws.  Good times. 

Sloppy basketball from both teams. UB has some first tournament ever jitters and they keep making dumb turnovers. They're getting their act together currently. 32-26 in favor of the hillbillies

UB shooting free throws like Syracuse (that's bad)

1st half summary. UB is lucky that WV can't shoot. WV is lucky that UB wants to turn the ball over every 3 seconds.

10 point game at the half. Pretty much right where it should be.

If Buffalo can play the whole second half like they did for about 8 minutes in the first, then this will be interesting.

Edited by ubkev

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.