Third Jersey Redesign

sabills

Absolutely not. We have to be smart enough as a fan base to recognize that we cannot give them any leeway because they WILL screw it up.

It's this or nothing. Anything else and they will surely screw it up.

FR28gtt.jpeg

This is funny, sad, and true all at the same time. Winter classics without the winter classic patch or flat out original jerseys. No gray cuffs, capes, slugs, pit stains, excess piping, or unnecessary gray lines all over the logo. Someone needs to just slap their hands and say NO! like you would with a toddler heading towards the light socket with a fork.

looks a hell of a lot better than this

img10759019.jpg

I would say that it looks a little better than that jersey.  The biggest (weirdest) problem is this:

I can't even fathom why they thought gray pits was a good idea. Just awful.

Besides that, a lighter blue would be a little better (though Patty's looks darker than I remember), reversing the waist striping would be a little better (too much gold) and replacing the two-piece blue-silver stripes with solid blue would be a little better.  The silver ... whatever you would call those curved things on the side of the torso ... are less noticeable on the whites, but those could go.  I know that others hate the silver-lined logo, but it has never bothered me.  All (pits and yellow center waist stripe, aside) small things that would improve the jersey marginally.  The blue is a much bigger problem on the home jerseys.

I prefer a couple of things on the current one: the laces (always a fan), the contrasting collar and the fact that the stripes are stitched on rather than sublimated (at least, I believe both of those are true, respectively.)

looks a hell of a lot better than this

img10759019.jpg

I don't hate these. Really. The gray bothers me but I'm not opposed to tweaking designs over time to generationalize the jerseys. Most teams do that.

I take issue with overdoing those design tweaks. And that's what I see with the current jerseys. Too many little details. They take away from the cohesiveness of the basic formula.

In a nutshell, they over did it.

Ahh gotcha. Hopefully we get the originals in 2020 as our primaries then

I hope that is the case. Ted said that they probably wouldn't push a new 3rd jersey on the fans until then because of 3rd jersey fatigue.  Basically he thinks they have changed them so many times that fans don't want to purchase them... of course the turdburger jersey was so horrible that also didn't help.

Edited by Ligerovich 4GM

To be fair, they sell better when they look better. I have to imagine the royal blues outsold the turdburgers by a couple orders of magnitude.

You would think so, but as I have mentioned before, when talking with one of the big three from the last ownership group (TG/LQ/DD), I was surprised to learn that the slug jersey was one of the best sellers outside of the Buffalo market.  He said that it was a fashion item.  :huh:  

You would think so, but as I have mentioned before, when talking with one of the big three from the last ownership group (TG/LQ/DD), I was surprised to learn that the slug jersey was one of the best sellers outside of the Buffalo market.  He said that it was a fashion item.  :huh:  

I think he just didn't understand that people from Buffalo don't always live in Buffalo. 

I think he just didn't understand that people from Buffalo don't always live in Buffalo. 

Yeah. And I'm not surprised the slug sold well; people were pumped to go back to blue and gold, even if it was at the expense of...that.

To be fair, they sell better when they look better. I have to imagine the royal blues outsold the turdburgers by a couple orders of magnitude.

Of course, they might look better if the team was better.  I really have no problem with the current 3rds (well, except for the gray, but that's relatively minor).  If the Sabres were fighting for home ice advantage I think the "turdburger" would be more popular.  Instead it will be linked with one of the darkest times in the team's history.  Who wants that?

I wonder what it would Take to get them to wear Tokyo Katana jerseys as the thirds.

This logo? http://twoeightnine.spreadshirt.com/taro-tsujimoto-A14733740/customize/color/17

I think it would be awesome... in 2020. Coming on the heels of our first Cup, it would show the hockey world we still don't take ourselves that seriously.

Orrrrr... in the same vein, a monstrous, mutated buffalo, something to give Mothra or Godzilla a run for its money.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.