Third Jersey Redesign

sabills

I've known you for 13 years and I still can't always tell when you're kidding. How about some silver stars?

I was kidding. Gray is the last thing I want on a jersey :lol:

That said, I like what you've done there.

Of course now all I see is this

learntarot.com/bigjpgs/maj19.jpg

Threw the flag logo on a jersey I was playing around with on lunch.

Quick and dirty, no numbers or anything yet. I like the gold thunderbolts.

EDIT:Dumb, can't spell.

Oh man that's hot.  I think I need a towel.

I think that Buffalo City Flag logo with the center image removed and a smaller version of the Sabres logo would be kind of cool.

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

If the Sabres marketing team was competent, this whole process would take about 10 minutes.  Just take the current white jersey, make the white parts yellow, the yellow trim white, and all the horizontal lines blue.  Done.  

You can add the yellow B with a sword through it on the shoulders as well, but that should just be added to ALL of our uniforms.

I'd go with a Blue & Gold version of the 99 jersey with the Bills standing Buffalo logo, in gold, on one shoulder and on the other the blue & gold version of the B

2hh15zt.jpg

You'd use a design similar to the one Neuvirth had on his mask

Where there's red you switch it for gold

black becomes blue

white stays white

Use the sweater in your photo w/ mt avatar's color scheme and you've got your 3rds. The ~1990 version of the home whites should be the white set and that era's b&g w/ a smidge of white should be the blue set.

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2015/3/9/8174255/help-us-design-a-new-buffalo-sabres-third-jersey

TL;DR Current third blows chunks, lets design a new one that the Sabres will never use. Could be fun, though.

What was the name of that guy that was pushing his design a few years ago? They were pretty good. I apologize for not having a link, or a name. I just remember the post.

No, not really.  I really hated the goat head, from the moment I saw it.  At least with the slug they went back to blue and gold.

Except the slug wasn't Sabres' b&g; it was navy and some weird snot-like orangish gold w/ the added benefit of silver. (How many ####ing times must LQ done a Burl Ives imitation (off-key, obviously) of 'Silver & Gold, Silver & Gold ...')

Wasn't a fan of the Shatanic Goathead at 1st, but it was their most successful era, by far. So it kind of grew on me.

Except the slug wasn't Sabres' b&g; it was navy and some weird snot-like orangish gold w/ the added benefit of silver. (How many ####ing times must LQ done a Burl Ives imitation (off-key, obviously) of 'Silver & Gold, Silver & Gold ...')

Wasn't a fan of the Shatanic Goathead at 1st, but it was their most successful era, by far. So it kind of grew on me.

Yup, Goathead really isn't anything great in a vacuum, but it makes you think of the very successful runs they had while wearing it. After all, the Game 6 Briere OT winner was the last time we had it in Buffalo. 

I've always wondered though, why wasn't it like this. Aside from visual balance what was that jutting out to the right of the head?

2gv4s95.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.