Third Jersey Redesign

sabills

This is what you get when you design by committee.

Unknown.jpeg

It's been a LONG time since I've seen that episode, but isn't that car based entirely on Homer's whims? That would be the opposite of designing by committee.

As for a jersey design, I can't decide between bitchin' flames or boss stripes. Any thoughts?

But not the B-52. On a Thursday, the Air Force rejected Boeing's proposed 4-engine prop bomber and the Colonel asked if they had something in a jet-engined model. Four guys drew up the B-52 overnight in a hotel room and presented it Friday. The Colonel wanted a few changes, and by Friday evening the four guys plus another two that happened to be in town had the B-52 designed. Over the weekend they built a model, ran the figures, and bound a 30+ page presentation. And that's the true story of how the longest-lived military aircraft came to be, The current maintenance contract is up in 2044, which puts it a stones throw from being in service for 100 years.

This was submitted by graphic artist

https://twitter.com/christopherhyzy/status/575302448841113600

But not the B-52. On a Thursday, the Air Force rejected Boeing's proposed 4-engine prop bomber and the Colonel asked if they had something in a jet-engined model. Four guys drew up the B-52 overnight in a hotel room and presented it Friday. The Colonel wanted a few changes, and by Friday evening the four guys plus another two that happened to be in town had the B-52 designed. Over the weekend they built a model, ran the figures, and bound a 30+ page presentation. And that's the true story of how the longest-lived military aircraft came to be, The current maintenance contract is up in 2044, which puts it a stones throw from being in service for 100 years.

That is a really cool story.  I love hearing about the history of aircraft 

My two favorite third jerseys are Columbus and Phoenix.

The Columbus thirds are cool because they look almost like a steampunk/mid 19th century version of a sports jersey. The colors are the Union blue with off-white stripes/accents. The logo is an old-school cannon, and the thing looks like something you might have found in your great-grandpa's attic. With the blue jackets monicker, a Civil War styled jersey is uniquely perfect for the team.

The Coyotes thirds are their original jerseys with the Hopi-inspired kachina dog as the primary logo, and the motifs on the jersey matching that Hopi style. It's a style of jersey that is perfect for a team in the southwestern desert and other teams could never really emulate the style. Again, perfect for that team.

I think the Buffalo thirds should aspire to something along those lines. What is totally unique in Buffalo's history? Geography? Niagara Falls? Erie Canal? Besides the obvious (and not particularly appropriate for the region) bison-based logo, what symbolizes the city? Think about something totally unique and kind of cool about the city, then go from there.

My two favorite third jerseys are Columbus and Phoenix.

The Columbus thirds are cool because they look almost like a steampunk/mid 19th century version of a sports jersey. The colors are the Union blue with off-white stripes/accents. The logo is an old-school cannon, and the thing looks like something you might have found in your great-grandpa's attic. With the blue jackets monicker, a Civil War styled jersey is uniquely perfect for the team.

The Coyotes thirds are their original jerseys with the Hopi-inspired kachina dog as the primary logo, and the motifs on the jersey matching that Hopi style. It's a style of jersey that is perfect for a team in the southwestern desert and other teams could never really emulate the style. Again, perfect for that team.

I think the Buffalo thirds should aspire to something along those lines. What is totally unique in Buffalo's history? Geography? Niagara Falls? Erie Canal? Besides the obvious (and not particularly appropriate for the region) bison-based logo, what symbolizes the city? Think about something totally unique and kind of cool about the city, then go from there.

hmm, maybe something art deco-y would be cool. 

Buffalo City Hall came to mind, but I think those motifs might be a tad too busy. Maybe base a logo off the art-deco eagle in the pic you linked, with the eagle holding a sabre in its talon? Maybe integrate the geometric pattern into the sleeve design? I could picture that coming out very badly (think Canucks clown unis).

Buffalo City Hall came to mind, but I think those motifs might be a tad too busy. Maybe base a logo off the art-deco eagle in the pic you linked, with the eagle holding a sabre in its talon? Maybe integrate the geometric pattern into the sleeve design? I could picture that coming out very badly (think Canucks clown unis).

Yeah that's the hard part. I mean, you could have an ugly jersey that is good. It's possible to do. The original Coyotes jerseys come to mind.

I'd go with a Blue & Gold version of the 99 jersey with the Bills standing Buffalo logo, in gold, on one shoulder and on the other the blue & gold version of the B

2hh15zt.jpg

You'd use a design similar to the one Neuvirth had on his mask

Where there's red you switch it for gold

black becomes blue

white stays white

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.