Grigorenko

DirtDart

For an offensive centre, Reinhart doesn't retrieve the puck very often, or carry it very much.

What he does is anticipate where it is going, intercept it and move it very quickly to where it needs to be.

He can be Stan Mikita to Kane's Bobby Hull. (Ask your grandpa)

Edited by dudacek

For an offensive centre, Reinhart doesn't retrieve the puck very often, or carry it very much.

What he does is anticipate where it is going, intercept it and move it very quickly to where it needs to be.

Speak up I can't hear you!

I just picture us getting set up in the zone and him being in control, but you've probably watched more of him than I have. 

And for the record, I at least know who Bobby Hull is and how he scored :p

I don't want to sell Reinhart short. He is a master at holding the puck for an extra half-second until the lane opens up. His panic point is non existent. As a junior the game looks so slow and easy for him. just doesn't rag the puck too often.

Immediately? We'd look something like this:

Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis

Moulson-Reinhart-Girgensons

That's not a bad top-6. although we have left handed shots *everywhere* :lol:

Ok, now what happens if we manage to hold on to 30th and get McDavid or Eichel? Do one of those guys get shifted to wing or does O'Reilly? Does Reinhart stay at center? Who gets bumped to the 3rd line?

The main problem with O'Reilly is he shoots left, which as I understand it means he'd fit better on the LW. We have a lot of LW but very few RW.

Yeah we are chock full of lefties. Reinhart is right handed and if we end up getting Eichel he is right handed but that's it for our top 6 or if you look at top 9 you can include Gionta.

Nolan complained about Nolan AGAIN after tonight. I'm sick of this ######. You know what I think? Nolan hates Russians. He's had issues with Zadorov but has been forced to play him because the fans love him and they don't have any other legitimate options on defense... Grigorenko he can just refuse to play and stash.

Seriously. Give the kid a chance. You have done zilch to help this kid actually be better. He has played very well and hard in Rochester. You give him ONE ###### shift and then demote him? That's not coaching. That's a grudge. Of some type.

My friend summed it up perfectly...

"@BillHoppeNHL: Ted Nolan unimpressed with Mikhail Grigorenko: "He's got to be better*." #Sabres" *North American

Edited by Tank

Yeah we are chock full of lefties. Reinhart is right handed and if we end up getting Eichel he is right handed but that's it for our top 6 or if you look at top 9 you can include Gionta.

If we drafted Eichel I would put him at RW with Reinhart at center.  Eichel will be better along the boards and Reinhart has a higher hockey IQ and better passing skills.

Nolan complained about Nolan Grigorenko AGAIN after tonight. I'm sick of this ######. You know what I think? Nolan hates Russians. He's had issues with Zadorov but has been forced to play him because the fans love him and they don't have any other legitimate options on defense... Grigorenko he can just refuse to play and stash.

Seriously. Give the kid a chance. You have done zilch to help this kid actually be better. He has played very well and hard in Rochester. You give him ONE ###### shift and then demote him? That's not coaching. That's a grudge. Of some type.

"@BillHoppeNHL: Ted Nolan unimpressed with Mikhail Grigorenko: "He's got to be better*." #Sabres" *North American

I am really not a fan of coaches continually bitching about players to the media.  I get saying, "I want him to be better" or something like that but this constant nagging is just annoying.  Grigorenko does need to play better, we know that.  Instead of bitching about him, teach him.  At this point Grigorenko is the poster child of change of scenery.  

post-2716-0-50610900-1426908106_thumb.png

Scwhoops. ..I now see the other post. Incredible

Yes, it is pretty incredible. While looking for the gif this afternoon I noticed the Wiki; Italian Spiderman is a parody of Italian action movies; but it was made in Australia. That explains some of the humor I think.

Nolan complained about Nolan AGAIN after tonight. I'm sick of this ######. You know what I think? Nolan hates Russians. He's had issues with Zadorov but has been forced to play him because the fans love him and they don't have any other legitimate options on defense... Grigorenko he can just refuse to play and stash.

Gavin Lindahl @GavLindahl87

Nolan has pretty much decided the NHL is a place where he will never coach again.

Nolan has pretty much decided the NHL is a place where he will never coach again.

Because of Grigorenko? 

Or maybe it's because Grigorenko really isn't panning out. There's a reason why he is an NHL coach and we're not. 

Or maybe it's because Grigorenko really isn't panning out. There's a reason why he is an NHL coach and we're not. 

Well... It's not like any of us actually pursued that as a career option. It's crystal clear that Grigorenko is not going to be given a chance by Nolan. He hasn't been and won't be. Any "chance" he gets lasts a shift or two and then it's done. There's a clear disdain there from Nolan's end. Who knows the reason. Maybe he truly does hate Russians or non-North American skaters. Maybe he just doesn't like Grigorenko's attitude. Whatever it is, I'm sure it doesn't warrant the treatment he's given to Grigorenko.

If he was playing him for a few games and then coming to the media to complain about him then it would make sense... But it's a shift and then it's over.

Because of Grigorenko? 

Well, I know the reason is for me not being a coach, but I just can't figure out why Nolan isn't a coach. 

GO SABRES!!!

Well... It's not like any of us actually pursued that as a career option. It's crystal clear that Grigorenko is not going to be given a chance by Nolan. He hasn't been and won't be. Any "chance" he gets lasts a shift or two and then it's done. There's a clear disdain there from Nolan's end. Who knows the reason. Maybe he truly does hate Russians or non-North American skaters. Maybe he just doesn't like Grigorenko's attitude. Whatever it is, I'm sure it doesn't warrant the treatment he's given to Grigorenko.

If he was playing him for a few games and then coming to the media to complain about him then it would make sense... But it's a shift and then it's over.

His ATOI is significantly higher than Larsson's. That's not 'not going to be given a chance' or 'it's a shift then it's over'. 

I agree with this completely. I have been trying to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt, but today's game was the final straw in my view. Grigorenko had the least ice time of all players, even less than Matt Ellis. I don't see how 8 minutes of ice time is enough to be able to adequately evaluate Grigs. He needs more of an opportunity to show what he can do. Even if he did struggle mightily in his 8 minutes, I would venture a guess that if he was given a little bit more time, he would have a much better chance to find a groove.

There are 11 games left in a season in which all indications point to Tim Murray wanting to shoot for last place. We are dead last right now. Isn't that the time to see what you have in a high potential prospect, even if there are going to be some growing pains in Grigorenko's game? 

I wonder if Murray agrees with the way Nolan is utilizing him.

Because of Grigorenko?

There are reasons he won't be an NHL coach again.

Mostly he's showed he's not going to work with his GM.

It's Nolan's MO.

He's done.

Edited by X. Benedict

There are reasons he won't be an NHL coach again.

Mostly he's showed he's not going to work with his GM.

It's Nolan's MO.

He's done.

You don't know that and neither do I. Just because the media has twisted a select few quotes doesn't make it true. Nolan has made decisions to help get this team some wins down the stretch and if Murray really had plans to dump Nolan, he would have done so by now. Maybe he will have another NHL job, maybe he won't. But it sure as hell isn't because of Grigorenko. One game all year under 10 minutes of ice time and the Grigorenko fan boys are throwing a fit. The tankers have made Nolan the flavor of the week, it's what Sabres fans do. Just ask Leino, Connolly, Darcy, Lindy and Hecht. 

I love how the media and fans think they know how Nolan and Murray work together. Several times Murray has completely debunked what the media thought he said, or thinks. 

I agree with this completely. I have been trying to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt, but today's game was the final straw in my view. Grigorenko had the least ice time of all players, even less than Matt Ellis. I don't see how 8 minutes of ice time is enough to be able to adequately evaluate Grigs. He needs more of an opportunity to show what he can do. Even if he did struggle mightily in his 8 minutes, I would venture a guess that if he was given a little bit more time, he would have a much better chance to find a groove.

There are 11 games left in a season in which all indications point to Tim Murray wanting to shoot for last place. We are dead last right now. Isn't that the time to see what you have in a high potential prospect, even if there are going to be some growing pains in Grigorenko's game? 

I wonder if Murray agrees with the way Nolan is utilizing him.

So the 15 minutes of ice time he averaged the other 12 games isn't enough? Nolan isn't evaluating? What do you think he's doing with Larsson and Varone? What if Murray plans to deal Grigorenko and playing him more just makes his value go down? 

You don't know that and neither do I. Just because the media has twisted a select few quotes doesn't make it true. Nolan has made decisions to help get this team some wins down the stretch and if Murray really had plans to dump Nolan, he would have done so by now. Maybe he will have another NHL job, maybe he won't. But it sure as hell isn't because of Grigorenko. One game all year under 10 minutes of ice time and the Grigorenko fan boys are throwing a fit. The tankers have made Nolan the flavor of the week, it's what Sabres fans do. Just ask Leino, Connolly, Darcy, Lindy and Hecht. 

I love how the media and fans think they know how Nolan and Murray work together. Several times Murray has completely debunked what the media thought he said, or thinks. 

So the 15 minutes of ice time he averaged the other 12 games isn't enough? Nolan isn't evaluating? What do you think he's doing with Larsson and Varone? What if Murray plans to deal Grigorenko and playing him more just makes his value go down?

He could have been paired with Mess for 15 min a game and it wouldn't tell us much about his value as an offensive center. The argument isn't use, it's proper use with the ability to make a mistake, get coached and learn from it. The to against caps where TN didn't even gather the unit together told me all I need to know. He doesn't adjust to changing situations but rather points the boat and goes.

Media? Naa... Just how I see it. A coach not cooperating with his GM for a third stint. I'm not cheering for this. It's just how I see it. Hell I could be wrong, but I'm thinking I'm right on this one. What GM in his right mind would hire Nolan?

I guess you don't see it that way....and that's fine. Time will tell.

Kind of amusing coming from the guy who about had a mental breakdown about Murray's trades not too long ago.

To the bold: why would he dump him now? It's not like he's going to conduct a full search when some of the candidates he'd probably like to talk to are currently employed by playoff teams. Maybe he wants to wait to see if somebody gets canned. There's really just very little to be gained from firing him now. It's sort of like saying we're going to re-sign Meszaros because if we didn't want him around we'd have cut him by now. Edited by TrueBluePhD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.