GDT Sabres at Tampa Bay 7:30 NBCSN

Brawndo

The trade deadline has passed and the New Look Sabres begin their final 19 game stretch.

Which goalie gets the start, the veteran Andres Lindback or Chad Johnson?

Ennis probably in tonight. Grigo, Tim Schaller and Jerry D'Amingo are rumored call ups.

Edited by BRAWNDO

I'm guessing Lindback starts as he's been sitting here and may have some extra emotion if possible to help. Grigo coming off injury would surprise me. But oddly the team gets by on Lindback's emotion and wins 3-2

Or lose 6-1 cause well...

Well the Yotes aren't winning tonight

Phoenix isn't going to be winning much period. Looking at their upcoming schedule they will host Anaheim, Vancouver, Montreal, Nashville, and Chicago. Outside of possibly Vancouver that's a murderers row type of lineup to be facing.

I think we should start Vinz.

Edited by Drunkard

Phoenix isn't going to be winning much period. Looking at their upcoming schedule they will host Anaheim, Vancouver, Montreal, Nashville, and Chicago. Outside of possibly Vancouver that's a murderers row type of lineup to be facing

We can only hope that they face teams mailing it in behind their backups like we did against Columbus and Vancouver.  Not likely, but possible.

This game used be a huge event for the Sick family. Not anymore.

I am trying like hell to become a Lightening fan down here but what is in your blood is in your blood.

When in Rome, dude. It's not like they are going against the Sabres for the cup. Go with the flow. BTW I really like their arena and stopping at Hatrick's before the game.

I am trying like hell to become a Lightening fan down here but what is in your blood is in your blood.

I've gotten past hating the Stars for the 1999 finals. I kinda wish them well, but not very strongly. It's pleasant when they win but I'm not emotionally invested in them so when they lose it doesn't much bother me.

When in Rome, dude. It's not like they are going against the Sabres for the cup. Go with the flow. BTW I really like their arena and stopping at Hatrick's before the game.

Hatrick's is awesome.  I always stop in there when I am in town, and have had the opportunity to watch a couple of Sabres games there, once against the Lightening, albeit in better times.  You certainly cannot beat the bartender/waitress selection.

The arena is great. The do a very good job getting the crowd involved. Sucks for concerts though because the acoustics are horrible.

I had the honor of being there when the Lightening won the Cup in game 7. That was a experience I will never forget. Something we as Sabres fans deserve desperately.

I'm guessing Lindback starts as he's been sitting here and may have some extra emotion if possible to help. Grigo coming off injury would surprise me. But oddly the team gets by on Lindback's emotion and wins 3-2

Or lose 6-1 cause well...

Did anyone else catch this yesterday?

They are in 30th place now and many including NHL executives are accusing the team of tanking. Tim Murray said, “I’ve never been told to finish last, no. If we choose 28th, then that’s where we’ll pick. I assume that the players that we have here will try to win every game, I assume the coaching staff will try to win every game, they’ve never had any interference from me, the players have never been told by me to not win, the only talk of that I get is from the Press. We just don’t talk about that." Murray wasn’t done. He also said, “A good example of that if there’s any question is Neuvirth was playing well and started 10 games in a row. If everybody in here think’s that Neuvirth is a much better goalie than Lindback, then if we were trying to lose every game then we probably should’ve been playing Lindback, but that’s not what we’re doing.”

Ouch.

http://www.wgr550.com/The-final-steps-of-suffering-are-taken/21050415

Bishop in net for Bolts

The Bolts have been playing .500 hockey over their last 10, and with Detroit only a point back I can see them really wanting this game. 

Did anyone else catch this yesterday?

Ouch.

http://www.wgr550.com/The-final-steps-of-suffering-are-taken/21050415

Thanks for the link. 

He has a hard time defending that stance now after he traded Neuvirth away and forced Ted to play Lindback. 

The Bolts have been playing .500 hockey over their last 10, and with Detroit only a point back I can see them really wanting this game. 

Thanks for the link. 

He has a hard time defending that stance now after he traded Neuvirth away and forced Ted to play Lindback. 

Unless he plays Johnson or Hackett, but yeah.

Not really a slam on Linbach, he said "if anyone in here thinks"..... He did not say HE thought that

I know, but it still sounds bad (especially in light of Neuvirth being traded, as WildComrade pointed out).

Murray is well aware of the WGR crew sentiment to get Neuvirth outta town.  He's playing that game with them.  They wanted him gone.  He throws that barb out there to say that clearly he was not trying to lose.

On the other hand, he was driving up Neuvirth's value for a trade to another team.  He could absorb the winning with the expectation that with him gone he would lose.  You can't question trading away an UFA goalie with value to a contender who is interested in shoring up their goaltending.  It's a standard hockey move.  He accomplishes his goal.

There are no moves that have been made that could be said to be distinctly tanking.  That's the genius of it all.  Every move he's made has made sense.  The Sabres would have traded Neuvirth if they were in a position to finish 24th just as much as 30th.

Should be a fun game tonight.. I don't think I'll be able to watch.

This game used be a huge event for the Sick family. Not anymore.

That is a nice big arena they have down there. Went to a game there a few years back against the Sabres. I understand how hard it must be trying to become a Lightning fan when half the crowd is cheering for the Sabres. At least that's how it was when I was there.

Can't wait to see the lineup tonight. And I doubt Grigorenko gets the call. They said he was horrible in his return game from injury.

The trade deadline has passed and the New Look Sabres begin their final 19 game stretch.

Which goalie gets the start, the veteran Andres Lindback or Chad Johnson?

Ennis probably in tonight. Grigo, Tim Schaller and Jerry D'Amingo are rumored call ups.

For me the question is if/how they're going to get Hackett the games he needs before he becomes UFA. Seems like there's a bunch of G in the system (the Lindbeck, Johnson, Hackett, Makarov, LLewlyn (SP!), and probably one more, but I'm not sure you let Hackett walk when the answer is playing him in 9 (?) throw-away games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.