GDT Sabres at Tampa Bay 7:30 NBCSN

Brawndo

Why send any of them down? Only a handful (4 IIRC) of moves allowed post deadline. Amerks are done like a dinner too. Might as well keep them up, let 'em earn a few bucks, and let 'em play some w/ the big club. Nothing to be gained in Ra-cha-cha at this point.

I agree, but the cynic in me says just like Hodgson, Grigorenko will see 4th line time with no PP or PK.Completely warranted since Varone plays a heavy game and even though his upside is 5 NHL goals/year, he really impresses Nolan with his style. Let Grigorenko see quality linemates and serious ice time in Rochester, if that's what it takes.

Oh good! Finally a chance to see the Varone Dalpe Foligno PP combo!

the Sabres need to call a doctor (or maybe The Doctor), they have a Dalpe on their PP. Seriously, when I said on Monday that Nolan would reward Dalpe with PP time for working hard, I WAS JUST KIDDING!

Pierogies[/size]

My Senior Polish Consultant (a friend that immigrated a few years ago) reports that "pierog" is the singular, "pierogi" is already plural. "Pierogies" makes no sense (and drives her nuts). That being said, my Polish speaking (but born in the US) grandma refered to them as pierogies. Also, "pirog" is a alternate spelling that (at least) Russians use. WKBW Polish grammar hour out! :)

Doubtfull the french were attacking with bikes and WWI guns.   Germans with tiger tanks :D

Just to be sure, I wasn't knocking on the Belgians with that comment; I'm half Polish and all we had were horses and muskets.. The French really should have thought that whole scenario through.

I'm just excited to see the kids getting a chance to earn a spot on the team next year.   Hope grigs gets healthy enough soon but think they'll sit him another game or two though.

No reason to rush him back, that's for sure.

Edited by Met'yuPirog

For the record, Grigorenko was sent back down.

What would be gained by keeping him here.  He would be on the fourth line with no ice time with Matt Ellis and who ever else is in the Nolan dog house.

Never get a chance on the PP.

At least GMTM gets to evaluate him in Rochester, not the best case scenario, but what choice does Murray have.

I don't follow Rochester, who is the Ellis clone still there? Bring him up and make Nolan happy.

Completely warranted since Varone plays a heavy game...

Is that true? Can you play a heavy game at a buck 80?

I don't follow Rochester, who is the Ellis clone still there? Bring him up and make Nolan happy.

I don't think they have anyone left that bad. I wouldn't mind seeing Kea get a sniff, he's been fighting everyone and everything.

The Sabres bring the gift of joy and happiness wherever they go, and they work to lift up others around them.

Case in point - last night Tampa Bay elected to rest their regular goalie, and play their rookie backup goalie, Andrei Vasilevskiy.  This young rookie has played only 4 NHL games before last night, and given up 11 goals against in only 4 games.

The Buffalo Sabres sensed this man's need -  he needed something to boost his confidence and help his career.  And the Sabres gave unselfishly by letting him play a perfect game and earn a shutout.

Those who bring joy - they are truly blessed.  

The Sabres bring the gift of joy and happiness wherever they go, and they work to lift up others around them.

Case in point - last night Tampa Bay elected to rest their regular goalie, and play their rookie backup goalie, Andrei Vasilevskiy.  This young rookie has played only 4 NHL games before last night, and given up 11 goals against in only 4 games.

The Buffalo Sabres sensed this man's need -  he needed something to boost his confidence and help his career.  And the Sabres gave unselfishly by letting him play a perfect game and earn a shutout.

Those who bring joy - they are truly blessed.  

I have noticed in the past, that Buffalo teams seem to make other team's below average players look like hall of famers.

The Sabres allow back up goalies to play like Brodeur in his prime. It's been that way for years. And over the past 2 years, Buffalo has been dead last, so it is understandable that teams feel they can play their backup against Buffalo. But I don't think the backup should be skating off the ice with a shutout. Yet, it seems to happen more often than not.

The Bills have a tendency to make horrible quarterbacks look incredible. I think I have witnessed consecutive completion records from guys not named Manning or Brady. And they can stop the top running backs in the league, but some 3rd stringer can put 100 yards up on them.

Maybe this is a phenomena that every city witnesses due to lack of scouting or familiarity with backups. "Do I try to beat him glove-side high, or five hole?" Or maybe it's the psychological impact that since it's a backup I shouldn't have to try so hard. Whatever the reason, you satirical entry is spot on and appreciated.

I have noticed in the past, that Buffalo teams seem to make other team's below average players look like hall of famers.

The Sabres allow back up goalies to play like Brodeur in his prime. It's been that way for years. And over the past 2 years, Buffalo has been dead last, so it is understandable that teams feel they can play their backup against Buffalo. But I don't think the backup should be skating off the ice with a shutout. Yet, it seems to happen more often than not.

The Bills have a tendency to make horrible quarterbacks look incredible. I think I have witnessed consecutive completion records from guys not named Manning or Brady. And they can stop the top running backs in the league, but some 3rd stringer can put 100 yards up on them.

Maybe this is a phenomena that every city witnesses due to lack of scouting or familiarity with backups. "Do I try to beat him glove-side high, or five hole?" Or maybe it's the psychological impact that since it's a backup I shouldn't have to try so hard. Whatever the reason, you satirical entry is spot on and appreciated.

I think it speaks to two things: the lack of offense the Sabres over the last 5 years, and the confirmation bias that we, as fans of the team, want to see the negatives (or at least are upset at not seeing enough positives).

I think it speaks to two things: the lack of offense the Sabres over the last 5 years, and the confirmation bias that we, as fans of the team, want to see the negatives (or at least are upset at not seeing enough positives).

I think it points to one thing:  Buffalo sports teams have been terrible for a while now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.