Trade: Chris Stewart to Minnesota Wild

LGR4GM

Did Harrington forget we already have the MIN 2nd in 2016?

Im still trying to grasp a second-round pick for Stewart in 2017. I guess a 2nd is a 2nd if that's your goal. But jeez. Not even '16?

I come not to defend Harrington, but other teams still have 2016 seconds.

That was a misfire on me: MTL has the MIN 2016 2nd, because we traded it for Gorges.

I come not to defend Harrington, but other teams still have 2016 seconds.

He mad.

Hey Twitter gotcha mob I KNOW SABRES HAVE MINNY'S 2ND IN '16. Find another team to deal with then is my point. Wait for GMTM's presser.

That was a misfire on me: MTL has the MIN 2016 2nd, because we traded it for Gorges.

He mad.

Hey Twitter gotcha mob I KNOW SABRES HAVE MINNY'S 2ND IN '16. Find another team to deal with then is my point. Wait for GMTM's presser.

Wait for what? Harrington Beast Mode? He's going to prove how much he knows by asking GMTM stupid questions until GMTM gets up and leaves, thereby proving Mike is on to something?

Also, fwiw and with full warning to those who hate #fancystats, there was informed talk out there about how Stewart was/is, in fact, not very good:

B_CHlsYUsAABT52.jpg

/high five

/another high five

I think this is a pretty good indictment of his play and fully validates what I've seen from him on the ice. These stats indicate a problem with desire in my book, which results in the kind of inconsistent play we've seen from him. There is no reason for someone that fast and strong to be so weak in the puck possession department. He just doesn't want it bad enough, often enough. 

GO SABRES!!!

Wait for what? Harrington Beast Mode? He's going to prove how much he knows by asking GMTM stupid questions until GMTM gets up and leaves, thereby proving Mike is on to something?

I don't hate this guy nearly as much as many of you do.  I'm kind of indifferent with respect to him, nah, maybe I even kind of like him.  He's no Bucky or Sully, but he's no Bill Hoppe either.  I'm still wondering what Hoppe did to be stuck in Olean.

He's gonna give TM such a snidely tone.

I don't hate this guy nearly as much as many of you do.  I'm kind of indifferent with respect to him, nah, maybe I even kind of like him.  He's no Bucky or Sully, but he's no Bill Hoppe either.  I'm still wondering what Hoppe did to be stuck in Olean.

I think Hoppe could approach Jim Kelly's level of work if given the opportunity, at least much moreso than these other three juggalo bloggers.

He's gonna give TM such a snidely tone.

I think Hoppe could approach Jim Kelly's level of work if given the opportunity, at least much moreso than these other three juggalo bloggers.

I don't think he could ever give an out of town reporter a concussion for intercepting his free press box snacks.

That 2017 2nd rounder might come in handy say at the 2016 2017 deadline when we might be a bubble team challenging for a playoff spot....

edit: meant 2017 deadline, in 2016 even though it's a tankless season, this team is once again a dead cinch lock as a lottery team IMO.

How about 2019? Here we are in 2014-15 and what are the Sabres realistically taking forward? Girgensons, two young blue liners, the hopes of whoever the top pick and what? I for one was hoping to come out of this mess of a season with something more going forward. I see two possibly three more lotteries in the Sabres future.

How about 2019? Here we are in 2014-15 and what are the Sabres realistically taking forward? Girgensons, two young blue liners, the hopes of whoever the top pick and what? I for one was hoping to come out of this mess of a season with something more going forward. I see two possibly three more lotteries in the Sabres future.

I'd be upset if Rienhart wasn't playing at least 2nd line by then.

Could very well be, I think it's a reasonable projection that the Sabres are a playoff bubble team in 2016-17.  As a bubble team if they miss the playoffs then they are a lottery team again.

As to the bolded I'll start with Kane and Reinhart.

Could very well be, I think it's a reasonable projection that the Sabres are a playoff bubble team in 2016-17.  As a bubble team if they miss the playoffs then they are a lottery team again.

As to the bolded I'll start with Kane and Reinhart.

Kane & Bogosian are a good answer, Reinhart I won't start counting on until he shows he can play in the NHL. I feel the Sabre way about all the prospects. If more of the prospects turn out like Girgensons than say Grigorenko than you may be right on with your timeline. Edited by DeLuca1967

I don't hate this guy nearly as much as many of you do. I'm kind of indifferent with respect to him, nah, maybe I even kind of like him. He's no Bucky or Sully, but he's no Bill Hoppe either. I'm still wondering what Hoppe did to be stuck in Olean.

He doesn't live in Olean and rarely ever goes there. He emails his articles to them and they run em.

But I get and agree with what you're saying.

Edited by Tank

He doesn't live in Olean and rarely ever goes there. He emails his articles to them and they run em.

But I get and agree with what you're saying.

I know where he lives (Nia. County).  He's more on the level of Vogl--and maybe he's even a little bit better.  It's a shame he's "down there."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.