qwksndmonster

I've played the NHL 17 beta, and although Hockey Ultimate Team isn't all that great (mostly due to the opposition), I have high hopes for the Be a Pro game mode.

There's a ton of loose pucks, knocking other guys off the puck by just nudging them, instead of destroying them with a big hit, and the puck physics got a nice overhaul too.

Granted, it's NHL 16 v.2, but that game wasn't all that bad either, IMHO.

Are you done with the medium in general? Something can always pique your interest down the road.

I still have my N64. I'm just done with it as a primary means of entertainment. I'm not going o run the other way if my roommate wants to play or whatever.

I'm sure if I had whatever system the new Zelda requires I would be playing that but I don't and am not going to drop the money on it haha

• 3 weeks later...

W/ the World Cup being discussed in another thread thought I'd post this. Can't wait for NHL 17. It's release date is September 13th. Here's a trailer for The World Cup. This year EA Sports included it as a part of the game. Let me add each year there is little improvement, so I understand why people may pass on NHL 17. I'm just really into this series. Will never do this w/ Madden. 

Edited by GoPre

W/ the World Cup being discussed in another thread thought I'd post this. Can't wait for NHL 17. It's release date is September 13th. Here's a trailer for The World Cup. This year EA Sports included it as a part of the game. Let me add each year there is little improvement, so I understand why people may pass on NHL 17. I'm just really into this series. Will never do this w/ Madden. 

The bigger problem I think people have at this point is that it's not about the little improvements.. it's about how bad the core game is to play.  NHL 16 was so full of horrendous AI and absolutely ridiculous game play that it ruined it for me.  If I can test NHL 17 at some point I might see if it does enough to change my mind but I doubt it.

I love hockey.. hell I hate NHL 16 and I still play it and I still swear at it which is really the ultimate insanity... except I paid for it so I might as well use it.  I just can't bring myself to shell out the money for NHL 17 unless its made remarkable improvements to the game play.

I couldn't care less if they added ECHL, build your own arena, and the World Cup of Hockey... because in the end I buy the game to PLAY hockey and its hard to do.

Sorry, not ranting at you.  I fully believe to each their own.  I just cannot stand where they've gone with this game... it used to be so great.

Looks like Wal-Mart has Bloodborne and The Last of Us Remastered for about $13 a piece.  I don't have a PS4 yet, but I will probably get a Neo, so I think I might pick these up since they're both games I want to play.

In my opinion both games are must plays. Have gone through both. Simply incredible gaming. 

• 3 weeks later...

I believe it's accurate.  I was able to trial it as part of my EA Access pass.  The game is improved.  They released a gameplay update yesterday and I think that brought back some of the stupidity from NHL 16 but I have not played enough to say for sure.

Still not convinced to buy it yet.  Probably a wait on this one and potentially get it as part of EA Access later.

"Jack Eichel came in at 84 as well. He's lower then Ennis, Bogosian, Kane, and tied with Franson. He just beat out Sabres star players like Girgensons and Gorges who are both 83, and crushed Reinhart's 79. I just think EA gave up and spin a wheel for player overalls at this point."

I read this on hfboards, can anyone who buys the game confirm?

84!? 84!!? I wonder what McDavid is.  

I think they need to be more generous with new talent. That's part of the reason people buy each year.  Then punish them if they turn out to suck in year 3 or something. 

@LTS I'll be downloading later today...tradition going back like 20 years, can't stop now.

I just got the game. The most recent roster has:

O'Reilly and Okposo at 88

Risto at 87

Eichel and Kane at 86

Bogo and Kulikov at 85

Gorges at 84

Franson, Ennis and Reinhart at 83

Girgensons and Moulson at 82

Foligno at 81

McCabe, Larsson, Deslauriers, Gionta at 80

Other notables:

Nelson at 77

Fasching at 75

Carrier at 76 (in AHL)

Bailey at 75 (in AHL)

Baptiste at 74 (in AHL)

Guhle at 60 (in WHL)

Asplund at 67 (in SHL)

Alex Nylander does not appear to be in the game.

I just got the game. The most recent roster has:

O'Reilly and Okposo at 88

Risto at 87

Eichel and Kane at 86

Bogo and Kulikov at 85

Gorges at 84

Franson, Ennis and Reinhart at 83

Girgensons and Moulson at 82

Foligno at 81

McCabe, Larsson, Deslauriers, Gionta at 80

Other notables:

Nelson at 77

Fasching at 75

Carrier at 76 (in AHL)

Bailey at 75 (in AHL)

Baptiste at 74 (in AHL)

Guhle at 60 (in WHL)

Asplund at 67 (in SHL)

Alex Nylander does not appear to be in the game.

Samson is worse than Gorges at his position, and equal to Franson? A little strange, and no disrespect to either of those guys.

No Nylander seems like a glaring error.

Samson is worse than Gorges at his position, and equal to Franson? A little strange, and no disrespect to either of those guys.

No Nylander seems like a glaring error.

They do roster updates all the time for NHL

Yep, Nylander will be in the game very soon. Didn't this happen w/ Eichel last year? Also, what system are you guys buying NHL 17 for? I have a PS4, so obviously that's my choice. 

Yep, Nylander will be in the game very soon. Didn't this happen w/ Eichel last year? Also, what system are you guys buying NHL 17 for? I have a PS4, so obviously that's my choice.

Different scenario. Nylander should be on the game either on the SHL or WHL (if not Roch/Buffalo) but isn't. Eichel legally couldn't because of the NCAA rules.

Nylander will get in the game once he steps on the ice for Rochester (or Buffalo) in the regular season, I'd guess.

And I have PS4.

• 2 months later...