Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Bogo has played reasonably well on the right side. Earlier this season they had him playing on the left side and he clearly looked uncomfortable . Once he gets a steady partner on the left side, I expect him to improve greatly.

Well, this isn't accurate. When Bogosian first came back from injury he was on the right side paired with McCabe who played the left. Bogo didn't play any left side until maybe a month ago when injuries forced him to be paired with Risto, and some recent games where he's been with Pysyk but Pysyk has manned the right side. Bottom line is that his general badness this season is not related to the side he's on.

It's the bolded BS that ruins his presence here, for me. Not to mention that he doesn't seem to actually read the posts that many have made trying to explain to him the reasons why they prefer the type of player Kane is to Stafford, the added elements he brings to a team that Stafford does not. In the same paragraph he types, "I'm happy for you" followed by "OPEN YOUR EYES". Why would I consider this to be a refreshing perspective. That's not someone offering perspective, it's someone trying to tell you what to see. As if anyone that prefers Kane, is blind. Go on to a Sabres message board and when someone is happy with one of their players, tell them to open their eyes. Ok.

Second bolded: The Jets made the playoffs last year, Ducky. To think they are okay with major steps backwards, as if they are treating this year as a rebuilding year, let alone next year, doesn't seem to jive. Once making the playoffs, their goal probably wasn't to take a step back. Playoffs most certainly was the goal for them this year, and next. That's not to say starting rookies isn't okay, but don't pretend that if it leads to another terrible year like this year, that that would be an acceptable result for Jets management. 

If you had read my post you would have read that the Jets don't intend on being contenders next year. Give us a few years and we will be contenders for a long time. Like I said, I am okay with 2 or 3 rookies making the team next season as long as they deserve it. Bogo sucks and you know it. Myers was a bit better at the trade but a lot better since the trade. Make your post about Kane having the best GPG....if you don't play enough games it doesn't really matter. Besides, his ppg is still below Staf's and you would think that he would be MUCH higher considering he is making 6m a year and has so much potential...

He won't be in Buffalo to end his contract.

I haven't read this whole thread and don't intend to but whatever Stafford has done and will do after last year is irrelevant.

His contract was up and he could have signed with anyone. No way he was signing with Buffalo. The only thing Buffalo gave up with respect to Staffiord was his expiring contract which might have been worth a future 2nd in a separate deal.

If you had read my post you would have read that the Jets don't intend on being contenders next year. Give us a few years and we will be contenders for a long time. Like I said, I am okay with 2 or 3 rookies making the team next season as long as they deserve it. Bogo sucks and you know it. Myers was a bit better at the trade but a lot better since the trade. Make your post about Kane having the best GPG....if you don't play enough games it doesn't really matter. Besides, his ppg is still below Staf's and you would think that he would be MUCH higher considering he is making 6m a year and has so much potential...

He won't be in Buffalo to end his contract.

Seriously, Ducky. Read what I am writing. If by "don't intend on being contenders" you mean the Jets don't expect to win the Cup, you may be right. But the Jets management were certainly expecting playoffs this year, as they made it last year. It was 100% the goal. If you think they are ok with this season, you are completely fooling youself. Same for next year.

I don't think Bogo sucks. Stop trying to tell me what I think. It's obnoxious. You are a troll.

Your point in regards to Kane is off the mark. He hasn't played enough games? The only player with more goals on the Jets is Little. One more goal. Kane has as much or more than anyone else. And he has the best GPG as well. He's certainly playing enough, as his total is beating almost anyone there.

Kane is going to be here until the end of this contract, it's 2 more years. If he isn't, it's not like we are going to just lose the asset. He would be flipped for something valuable if that was the case.

I haven't read this whole thread and don't intend to but whatever Stafford has done and will do after last year is irrelevant.

His contract was up and he could have signed with anyone. No way he was signing with Buffalo. The only thing Buffalo gave up with respect to Staffiord was his expiring contract which might have been worth a future 2nd in a separate deal.

Yup, exactly.

From a Jets perspective, there is next to no chance he re-signs if he doesn't play here to end last season. He's played very well and has been one of the most consistent players on a team full of inconsistent players this year. If Sabres' fans are happy paying Kane and Bogo what they are making and Getting Bogo's play and Kane at .500 ppg, they should higher their expectations.  He's what? the 2nd highest player on the team?

Do you really think the Jets were sure they were going to make the playoffs starting 3 or 4 rookies? Since moving here they have brought in Scheif, Trouba, Ehlers, Hellebuyck, Lowry, Armia, Chiarot, Copp and Hutchinson. I'm actually okay with not making the playoffs again next year if all the rookies are improving. This team is being built for the future, not the present and built the right way, not throwing money away needlessly.

From a Jets perspective, there is next to no chance he re-signs if he doesn't play here to end last season. He's played very well and has been one of the most consistent players on a team full of inconsistent players this year. If Sabres' fans are happy paying Kane and Bogo what they are making and Getting Bogo's play and Kane at .500 ppg, they should higher their expectations.  He's what? the 2nd highest player on the team?

Do you really think the Jets were sure they were going to make the playoffs starting 3 or 4 rookies? Since moving here they have brought in Scheif, Trouba, Ehlers, Hellebuyck, Lowry, Armia, Chiarot, Copp and Hutchinson. I'm actually okay with not making the playoffs again next year if all the rookies are improving. This team is being built for the future, not the present and built the right way, not throwing money away needlessly.

They probably weren't sure they were going to make it, but it was definitely the goal. I don't know how many times I can say the same thing, the Jets were building, then made the playoffs last year after a good season. They didn't come into this year and start a few rookies and by so doing concede that the goal wasn't the playoffs this year because of it. Once you got over the hump of making the playoffs, the goal is to then not only keep making it, but advance further. The goal was playoffs this year, Ducky. It's been a hugely disappointing year for them. If you are okay with it, that's fine.

The bolded: Just stop. Stop telling people what to think. We may not be thrilled with Bogo, but we are happy with Kane. He is producing for us. You are clearly incapable of accepting this. You aren't engaging in discussion at this point.

From a Jets perspective, there is next to no chance he re-signs if he doesn't play here to end last season. He's played very well and has been one of the most consistent players on a team full of inconsistent players this year. If Sabres' fans are happy paying Kane and Bogo what they are making and Getting Bogo's play and Kane at .500 ppg, they should higher their expectations. He's what? the 2nd highest player on the team?

iIt doesn't mske any difference to us why he signed there. As for Sabre fans needing to raise their expectations, you apparently have no problem thinking fondly of Arnia being one of your top six forwards.

Anyways, it's been a slice, Ducky. This will be my last post on the matter in this thread, there's not much more that can be said, and I am spending far too much time debating about a Winnipeg Jets hockey team that I care nothing about.

Have a good Louis Riel day, sir.

Anyways, it's been a slice, Ducky. This will be my last post on the matter in this thread, there's not much more that can be said, and I am spending far too much time debating about a Winnipeg Jets hockey team that I care nothing about.

Have a good Louis Riel day, sir.

I've heard that before..........

They probably weren't sure they were going to make it, but it was definitely the goal. I don't know how many times I can say the same thing, the Jets were building, then made the playoffs last year after a good season. They didn't come into this year and start a few rookies and by so doing concede that the goal wasn't the playoffs this year because of it. Once you got over the hump of making the playoffs, the goal is to then not only keep making it, but advance further. The goal was playoffs this year, Ducky. It's been a hugely disappointing year for them. If you are okay with it, that's fine.

The bolded: Just stop. Stop telling people what to think. We may not be thrilled with Bogo, but we are happy with Kane. He is producing for us. You are clearly incapable of accepting this. You aren't engaging in discussion at this point.

Finally, some truth from you.

Regarding the playoffs, of course it is every team's hope to make the post-season and it was the Jets as well. If they were really trying to make the playoffs this year, why send the best goalie to the farm? Why aren't they trading for rentals to help make the playoffs. They aren't heart broken over making the playoffs this year and won't be if they don't next year. The following year..................not so much.

Over the past month or two Kane has been outstanding.

Jets may not miss the speed and snarl he and Bogo supply, but they bring something our team definitely needed.

Can't see a team ever being successful with Stafford in a key role, but glad you like him.

Edited by dudacek

hahahahha

weed must be good in Buffalo...

Kane slept in...no big deal....he only missed one practice here if I remember correctly so I wouldn't call it a pattern. Maybe he had a good excuse. We certainly don't know why. I still think he is moved before his contract ends but that's me. He's played really well as of late. What you want me to say? This in no way reflects in any way on the trade unless he keeps doing it. The Sabres knew there is/was a bit of concern for Kane's off-ice antics but this might not have anyting to do with it and maybe he was just held up at the border or something?

You guys need to beat the Sens and pull ahead of the Jets in the standings. We need Matthews more than you do.

hahahahha

weed must be good in Buffalo...

Kane slept in...no big deal....he only missed one practice here if I remember correctly so I wouldn't call it a pattern. Maybe he had a good excuse. We certainly don't know why. I still think he is moved before his contract ends but that's me. He's played really well as of late. What you want me to say? This in no way reflects in any way on the trade unless he keeps doing it. The Sabres knew there is/was a bit of concern for Kane's off-ice antics but this might not have anyting to do with it and maybe he was just held up at the border or something?

You guys need to beat the Sens and pull ahead of the Jets in the standings. We need Matthews more than you do.

Do we all get to declare victory if Kane is traded in a hockey trade, such as for a #3/4 LHD? Or does it have to be that he's be run out of town for antics? Realistically, they guy is good but I could see moving him for the right return.

Edited by MattPie

tsk tsk, such bottled up anger...

Do we all get to declare victory if Kane is traded in a hockey trade, such as for a #3/4 LHD? Or does it have to be that he's be run out of town for antics? Realistically, they guy is good but I could see moving him for the right return.

You'd think you would get a bit more than a 3/4 D man for Kaner. In the off-season Kaner should get a 2nd pairing LHD and a 1st round pick. Yandle is of no interest to the Sabres?

Edited by Ducky

tsk tsk, such bottled up anger...

You'd think you would get a bit more than a 3/4 D man for Kaner. In the off-season Kaner should get a 2nd pairing LHD and a 1st round pick. Yandle is of no interest to the Sabres?

I like your optimism. Yandle has been talked about around here, but last I heard he's off the block for the trade deadline due to injuries on the Blueshirt Blue Line. I don't follow that closely, so I have no idea what his contract situation is.

I am out of town so I don't get to see most games, but from watching highlights alone, it seems that Bogo is on the ice for almost every goal I have seen the past few games.  So then I looked up his stats and he's at a -6 the last five games.  Has this been a trend for the whole season? Haven't read through all the pages in this thread but it appears that Bogo is not the top 4 dman we thought we had last season, but maybe 6/7 on a team with good depth.  Thoughts?

I am out of town so I don't get to see most games, but from watching highlights alone, it seems that Bogo is on the ice for almost every goal I have seen the past few games.  So then I looked up his stats and he's at a -6 the last five games.  Has this been a trend for the whole season? Haven't read through all the pages in this thread but it appears that Bogo is not the top 4 dman we thought we had last season, but maybe 6/7 on a team with good depth.  Thoughts?

Bogo often ends up against the other teams' top line, which may be a bit much for him. Based on this year, he's not a top-2 D. I think if he were playing a steady 2nd pair role, his numbers would look a lot better. Unless he falls further off a cliff, he's better than 3rd pair.