Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Signing locker, who's definitely a washout, and releasing EJ who's *probably* a washout is really dumb.

I like Matt Cassel because he comes from a loyal family.  Good Stark men.

Locker improved year-over-year in Nashville (the Titans have been awful so the stats don't tell the whole story).  His big problem is he dislocates his non-throwing shoulder every other game.  He is a big strong guy who apparently has the "chin" of Glass Joe.

In think we're better.

I agree

Does this kill the chances of Revis or resigning Hughes?

I don't think so.  If we sign Revis, we are apt to trade or release McKelvin, which frees up cap space.  Hughes will probably get a team friendly but large contract.  

I'm seeing that it was this year's (better) 5th and next year's 7th for Cassel and a 6th.  So basically a FA signing.

basically a wash.  No big loss there. 

They are not done at QB and with crap to pick from, it's at least a start. I would love to see some off the wall trade like Mario and a 2nd for some QB that nobody thought would be traded. THAT is what this team needs, but no team is giving up a quality starter.....unless they may only have a couple years left in the league (Brees maybe). 

Looks like we really set out to make Greg Roman happy this offseason; it looks a lot like his early SF teams with Smith/Gore

F that guy then. :devil:

Older than McCoy, hasn't put up any production, and wants to be paid like a top back. F him is right

I think this bodes well for the future of both the Bills and the Sabres. You can see it in Whaley and you can see it in Murray. If they know what they want, they go get it, and they don't fall in love with players.

There really is no point on speculating who the starting lineup on the Sabres will be for 2016-17 because I could see almost ANYONE being moved, other than McEichel, if Murray thinks it makes us better.

I think this bodes well for the future of both the Bills and the Sabres. You can see it in Whaley and you can see it in Murray. If they know what they want, they go get it, and they don't fall in love with players.

There really is no point on speculating who the starting lineup on the Sabres will be for 2016-17 because I could see almost ANYONE being moved, other than McEichel, if Murray thinks it makes us better.

Big things man. It's an exciting time to be a Buffalo sports fan

Why does he automatically have to be "our answer?" A team without a clear starter at QB is picking up a veteran with starting experience and had some success in the NFL.

As far as the trade, if the headline was McCoy trade to AFC East 99% of the reactions without knowing the team who be "F'n Patriots!" This, IMO, is like the Kane trade. A level of a deal I would have not thought possible a year or two ago. This Bills just added the #3 rusher (yards) in the NFL to one of the League's best defenses. This is exciting stuff. The Bills should be applauded for this move.

This. Fans hate on any move the bills make. People want us to bring in QBs to compete, bills do that, complain

Guess what, there is no answer button at QB....so should we do nothing?

This. Fans hate on any move the bills make. People want us to bring in QBs to compete, bills do that, complain

Guess what, there is no answer button at QB....so should we do nothing?

Easy with the "fans hate on every move" stuff.  I didn't like the McCoy move and others did.  There will be a split like that on almost every trade.  I loved getting Rex and don't mind picking up Jory Cassel.

Why does he automatically have to be "our answer?" A team without a clear starter at QB is picking up a veteran with starting experience and had some success in the NFL.

As far as the trade, if the headline was McCoy trade to AFC East 99% of the reactions without knowing the team who be "F'n Patriots!" This, IMO, is like the Kane trade. A level of a deal I would have not thought possible a year or two ago. This Bills just added the #3 rusher (yards) in the NFL to one of the League's best defenses. This is exciting stuff. The Bills should be applauded for this move.

I meant answer as in answering the question of who is going to compete with EJ, not who is the ultimate answer.

Matt Cassel is terrible. He has a noodle arm at best and is every bit as inaccurate as EJ. And we gave up draft picks to get him!?!? We could have signed any pedestrian UFA for the same effect and kept our picks.

Via NBC: Spiller was offered $4.5/year (I don't know the length) from the Bills and declined it, hence the McCoy trade

The fact that he was offered a contract at all makes me sad. I'm starting to lose faith :(

I meant answer as in answering the question of who is going to compete with EJ, not who is the ultimate answer.

Matt Cassel is terrible. He has a noodle arm at best and is every bit as inaccurate as EJ. And we gave up draft picks to get him!?!? We could have signed any pedestrian UFA for the same effect and kept our picks.

The fact that he was offered a contract at all makes me sad. I'm starting to lose faith :(

Good...good... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.