Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I think his job is to put together a good team that makes the playoffs and can do some damage once it gets there.  He has not done this.  Making a bunch of splashy moves is not equivalent to doing this.

It may or may not happen this year (and it will almost entirely depend on the play of a QB who's never started an NFL game, or his presumed backup, whom most observers had deemed a washout until 2 weeks ago) -- but until it does, I don't see that he has accomplished anything.

I have to agree. While the Bills do look good on paper, until that translates into enough wins for the playoffs and beyond the jury remains out on DW and everyone else.

One more point on Whaley:  there is a distinct possibility that the LeSean McCoy contract will prove to be a huge debacle.

(Now, to be fair, it's far from clear how much input Whaley had in that decision.  But if he gets credit for "normal GM" moves, he has to be held accountable for "normal GM" moves too.)

One more point on Whaley:  there is a distinct possibility that the LeSean McCoy contract will prove to be a huge debacle.

(Now, to be fair, it's far from clear how much input Whaley had in that decision.  But if he gets credit for "normal GM" moves, he has to be held accountable for "normal GM" moves too.)

Agreed. I also think if our OL is terrible again, that's on him too. 

Oh, God. The McCoy deal. There's part of me that is trying to forget that he's here.

Rightly or wrongly, I've become fixated with the ideas that McCoy doesn't have enough wear left on his tread and, moreover, is not a fit for Roman's ground-n-pound scheme. Maybe Karlos Williams [sic] is the next Alfred Morris.

But then I see that Alonso is still not back to health, and I feel a little bit better about the McCoy proposition.

I don't think it was terrible and they fortified their two biggest needs, guards.

I think the OL was the primary reason every RB we trotted out couldn't regularly get beyond the line of scrimmage. 

Oh, God. The McCoy deal. There's part of me that is trying to forget that he's here.

Rightly or wrongly, I've become fixated with the ideas that McCoy doesn't have enough wear left on his tread and, moreover, is not a fit for Roman's ground-n-pound scheme. Maybe Karlos Williams [sic] is the next Alfred Morris.

But then I see that Alonso is still not back to health, and I feel a little bit better about the McCoy proposition.

I remain fully in favor of the trade itself--even if McCoy is starting a decline, he's starting from such a high point that he's better than whatever else we'd have for the next 1-2 years. The fit concern is fair, but I'm really hoping Roman is flexible enough to not think McCoy is Frank Gore. And if he does think that way, then we've got bigger problems than who the RB is :lol:

The concern is the contract extension. We went from basically zero financial risk to a whole lot of financial risk if he is in fact running on bald tires.

Wawrow is saying on Twitter that the Jackson decision AND the Taylor decision were made by the front office and not the coaching staff.

just got a text from a buddy saying that someone claiming (and maybe appearing) to be steph whaley (doug's wife) is on twitter, yelling at tim graham about the rogue thing.

Bills PR department, according to Graham, said it is a fake account.

GIF-confused-Kristen-Wiig-OMG-say-what-s

Unless, of course, Rex is considered part of the FO.

I looked at his stuff - where'd he say that? When he says FO = 2, Staff = 0?

Yes. When somebody asked him if he was saying Taylor was forced onto the coaching staff he responded by saying "I stand by what I wrote." That tells me he's saying "yes, I already said that."

Yes. When somebody asked him if he was saying Taylor was forced onto the coaching staff he responded by saying "I stand by what I wrote." That tells me he's saying "yes, I already said that."

Hmm. What did he write previously on that subject? I can't see anything.

Has he been day drinking?

Wawrow said Cassel might be the starter just the other day. I'm confident he has the same source as Carucci. If they blew smoke up his ass about that, they'll blow whatever now. 

Larger point being: What the hell is going on over there?

The leaks re: the Fred Jackson thing were one thing. They seemed to have come from business people.

This stuff re: the QBs is presumably not coming from business people at OBD.

PR fallout. Didn't something similar happen last year or the year before? Way to turn good vibes into bad vibes to start the year. Geez. 

I think his job is to put together a good team that makes the playoffs and can do some damage once it gets there.  He has not done this.  Making a bunch of splashy moves is not equivalent to doing this.

It may or may not happen this year (and it will almost entirely depend on the play of a QB who's never started an NFL game, or his presumed backup, whom most observers had deemed a washout until 2 weeks ago) -- but until it does, I don't see that he has accomplished anything.

He has been on the job three years and while this year has to play out nobody can tell me that this year's roster is not considerably better then last years and galaxies ahead of three years ago.

Not sure I follow on PR fallout. How would the F Jax thing beget "Whaley is forcing Rex to start Tyrod"?

Everything just feels like an overreaction. 

F-Jax cut, then the Graham scoop, then the Rex/Whaley/Tyrod thing, then all of a sudden there's concerns McCoy can't go week 1. 

Feels like somebody is trying to preventatively cover their butt. There's clearly nerves before the opener. Can't pin down why.

Edited by musichunch

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.