Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

The deets on this are incredible. They clocked him at 143. High speed chase on the interstate. When they catch him, he's got a loaded gun, pot and -- wait for it -- a child in the car with him.

He's going to jail and, I'll predict, suspended for the year.

What a stupid, stupid man.

:doh:

The deets on this are incredible. They clocked him at 143. High speed chase on the interstate. When they catch him, he's got a loaded gun, pot and -- wait for it -- a child in the car with him.

He's going to jail and, I'll predict, suspended for the year.

What a stupid, stupid man.

Wow.  Can't make this stuff up.

You know what struck me when I read the article?  The police didn't race to the media with this.  This happened on July 14, and we're just hearing about it now.  It seems to me that police departments in the south tell the press as soon as they arrest an athlete; not so much in the north.

Wow.  Can't make this stuff up.

You know what struck me when I read the article?  The police didn't race to the media with this.  This happened on July 14, and we're just hearing about it now.  It seems to me that police departments in the south tell the press as soon as they arrest an athlete; not so much in the north.

Missouri is in the "North?"

fwiw, our some time poster john wawrow reported that ej looked awful today.

User @john_wawrow

Photo_56_normal.jpg

I'm sure there might have been a bright spot, perhaps, that I missed in EJ today, but that's what I saw.

19m

He leaps, then lands on back foot while releasing the ball that sails wildly past intended target. 

@john_wawrow like a tebow jump pass? What you mean by leap before pass? Not setting feet?

22m

#Bills QB Manuel is leaping before throwing. He's bouncing passes over the middle. And, this is new, 2 straight fumbled snaps from center.

23m

Based on my first impressions of EJ at #Bills camp opener, he's making many of the same mistakes he did at his first camp. ...

Edited by That Aud Smell

That's bad news on EJ.

Since this thread appears to concern Tom Brady as well, a development:  The parties have jointly requested that they fully brief all issues related to vacating (that's what the PA wants) or confirming (that's what the NFL wants) the arbitration award by August 14, with oral argument shortly thereafter, and with a decision to be rendered by September 4.  If the judge agrees to that, the PA will not move for a preliminary injunction.

Since this thread appears to concern Tom Brady as well, a development:  The parties have jointly requested that they fully brief all issues related to vacating (that's what the PA wants) or confirming (that's what the NFL wants) the arbitration award by August 14, with oral argument shortly thereafter, and with a decision to be rendered by September 4.  If the judge agrees to that, the PA will not move for a preliminary injunction.

Hmmm. Curious.

So, they're agreeing that the entire thing can be decided PDQ on its merits based on the arbitration's record? No further discovery? No questions of fact?

That would seem to favor the NFL. But maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: Given Brady's destruction of the phone, I can see why the PA might want to, um, avoid discovery.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Our QB is going to kill is no matter who it is. Regarding Wawrow's observations, Sal said "I agree with everything he said, and there were a few throws where I was saying you just have to make those. But I said that about everyone else too."

He laughed at the end of that, because really, what else can you do? Does it really matter if we end up with the 28th, 29th, or 30th best starter in the league?

Hmmm. Curious.

So, they're agreeing that the entire thing can be decided PDQ on its merits based on the arbitration's record? No further discovery? No questions of fact?

That would seem to favor the NFL. But maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: Given Brady's destruction of the phone, I can see why the PA might want to, um, avoid discovery.

I think it's more like a mutual understanding that if there is no preliminary relief, the action isn't worth pursuing, anyway, so just get it over with.

Our QB is going to kill is no matter who it is. Regarding Wawrow's observations, Sal said "I agree with everything he said, and there were a few throws where I was saying you just have to make those. But I said that about everyone else too."

He laughed at the end of that, because really, what else can you do? Does it really matter if we end up with the 28th, 29th, or 30th best starter in the league?

At what point do we just fancystats ourselves some no-name free agent QB just to see what happens? 

I think it's more like a mutual understanding that if there is no preliminary relief, the action isn't worth pursuing, anyway, so just get it over with.

Right. But if you're the P.A., I wonder why they didn't make the motion for a preliminary injunction, plead the equities, claim a serious question (thanks again, btw), and make a proffer to show how further discovery could yield more detailed evidence of bias and/or lack of prior notice, etc. 

I clearly don't know enough to have an opinion. Shoot - I'd estimate that more than $50,000 in fees was spent simply deliberating whether to make the motion.

Does it really matter if we end up with the 28th, 29th, or 30th best starter in the league?

Yeah. I think it does. In my mind, our QB needs to be outside of the bottom third (quarter?) of the league in order for the team to make the playoffs.

Wait. I see your point, I think. No, it does not matter, as you frame it.

Having a QB that bad does matter, though. 

Right. But if you're the P.A., I wonder why they didn't make the motion for a preliminary injunction, plead the equities, claim a serious question (thanks again, btw), and make a proffer to show how further discovery could yield more detailed evidence of bias and/or lack of prior notice, etc.

I clearly don't know enough to have an opinion. Shoot - I'd estimate that more than $50,000 in fees was spent simply deliberating whether to make the motion.

Yeah. I think it does. In my mind, our QB needs to be outside of the bottom third (quarter?) of the league in order for the team to make the playoffs.

Wait. I see your point, I think. No, it does not matter, as you frame it.

Having a QB that bad does matter, though.

Yea, all I was saying is I think all of our QBs are bottom five, and I don't think it matters where in that bottom five each falls. Obviously having a bottom five QB in and of itself is, shall we say, an issue.

At what point do we just fancystats ourselves some no-name free agent QB just to see what happens?

Want to know what happens when you just see what happens? The name's Leino, Ville Leino.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Yea, all I was saying is I think all of our QBs are bottom five, and I don't think it matters where in that bottom five each falls. Obviously having a bottom five QB in and of itself is, shall we say, an issue.

Want to know what happens when you just see what happens? The name's Leino, Ville Leino.

Which is why, once again, I'm fully expecting/guaranteeing no playoffs.  Sure we have all the parts on the remainder of the roster of a top flight playoff team, but in the NFL today with a QB situation like the Bills have you need a lot of bounces to go your way to overcome that major shortcoming.

Here's a question for the Brandon/Whaley defenders: if the Bills go 9-7 or 8-8 (or worse) this year, miss the playoffs and get bottom-5 QB play, are Brandon/Whaley accountable? Would that be a fireable offense for Whaley?

It would be for Whaley. This team shouldn't have excuses to lose unless the pieces just don't fit which is on the GM. However, if he gets an extension done for Dareus and the team is set up well going into next offseason to add a QB I could see them saying "one more year." Regardless of what happens the GM should be focusing on just two things: re-signing big names (Dareus, Bradham, Gilmore, maybe Glenn) and finding a QB).

I'm not touching Brandon stuff because I believe he has rock-solid job security. That and I don't know enough about his job.

Here's a question for the Brandon/Whaley defenders:  if the Bills go 9-7 or 8-8 (or worse) this year, miss the playoffs and get bottom-5 QB play, are Brandon/Whaley accountable?  Would that be a fireable offense for Whaley?

Are they accountable? Sure. Should Whaley be fired? Not yet. He had 1 chance to draft a QB in a draft that didn't produce jack you-know-what at the position. And can anyone blame him for not taking a QB with our first pick last year after seeing EJ only play 10 games? It's easy to answer that question now with hindsight. And I'm no EJ apologetic either, I look forward to next year's QB class and hope there are a few quality quarterback prospects to draft in the first round no matter the outcome this season. But just because Whaley is 0-1 at drafting quarterbacks doesn't mean he should be packing his bags. And 9-7 is a very real possibility this season simply based on the quarterback situation. Pulling the chord on a GM too soon is worse than doing so with a HC. I've seen enough good moves from Whaley to believe he deserves more time.

Here's a question for the Brandon/Whaley defenders: if the Bills go 9-7 or 8-8 (or worse) this year, miss the playoffs and get bottom-5 QB play, are Brandon/Whaley accountable? Would that be a fireable offense for Whaley?

You really need to get off the Brandon thing. As far as Whaley goes, what QB did he miss the boat on this year? It's not like Rivers was traded to another team. I'd hold Whaley much more accountable if the OL is garbage again because there were missed opportunities there. But if we're disappointing because of bad QB play I honestly don't know what he could have done differently.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Full statement:

Assistant State Attorney Robert C. Elmore announced today that the Office of William "Bill" Eddins, State Attorney for the First Judicial Circuit of Florida, has dismissed the charges of misdemeanor Battery in the cases against Aaron A. Kromer and Zachery A. Kromer.

Charges were dismissed at the request of the parents of the two minor children who were the alleged victims in the two cases. The parents of the two alleged victims and the third minor witness stated that any injuries sustained by the alleged victims were minor and required no medical treatment, and that they desired that the lives of their children not be further disrupted, as an amicable resolution of the matter had been reached between all concerned. A copy of the hand written request to drop charges is attached with the names of the minor children redacted.

If charges vs Aaron Kroner are dropped, #Bills are expected to suspend him without pay at start of season. He would still work camp.

Edited by Hoss

You really need to get off the Brandon thing. As far as Whaley goes, what QB did he miss the boat on this year? It's not like Rivers was traded to another team. I'd hold Whaley much more accountable if the OL is garbage again because there were missed opportunities there. But if we're disappointing because of bad QB play I honestly don't know what he could have done differently.

That has been my constant refrain. Of course the QB situation is horrible but what exactly could Whaley have done differently? 

"Nobody else is doing it" doesn't work just like "everybody else is doing it" doesn't work.

The difference is there is a finite number of quality quarterbacks available. It is not like they can go and create one. So they are doing the next logical thing, they are trying to create a team that minimizes the need for one. The only other option would be to keep tanking until the next Andrew Luck becomes available.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.