Derrico's Crazy 1980s Christmas Adventure Game

Eleven

I think I was pretty equal opportunity with this stuff--check out Liger and INky for examples. If I offended anyone, I regret it!

I wasn't meaning that any of that was over the line, more of a general commentary on the state of the internets. It was quite the adventure that Derrico went on. He got to ride a liger, receive the stick of Zemgus, and witness the beauty that is Ink's calves. It killed him, but oh the splendor.

Nice. A big blast from the past. Now who here actually remembers playing these type games on a Texas instruments TI-?? computer?

You youngins with your fancy PlayStations and xbox's. Bah humbug!

I definitely played Tetris on my TI-83 calculator... might have something to do with why I got a D in Calculus. :P

I played a game with commands like this on my original PC. It was the most frustrating thing ever because half the things you wanted to do would be rejected due to bad command structure. Took ages to figure out how to leave the first area.

Entertaining read nonetheless. Happy Holidays!

Absolutely -- I loved King's Quest, but I got to a point partway through game where I couldn't come up with a way to get past an obstacle and got frustrated with it.

I definitely played Tetris on my TI-83 calculator... might have something to do with why I got a D in Calculus. :P

Absolutely -- I loved King's Quest, but I got to a point partway through game where I couldn't come up with a way to get past an obstacle and got frustrated with it.

The most infuriating part is you usually know what to do, just not which command you need to enter in orer to make your pixely character do what he's supposed to. No wonder kids in the 80's and 90's just played outside.

Nice. A big blast from the past. Now who here actually remembers playing these type games on a Texas instruments TI-?? computer?

You mean the one where the software for the game was loaded on a cassette tape and took 20 minutes to load before playing?

Edited by BRAWNDO

Every year (I suppose that's what that means). I'm famous. Kids sing songs about me. NORAD tracks my flight across the sky.

Oh. Sorry. I might have missed that.

I played them on the mainframe at college. For a little while. I never really got over the hump in terms of knowing what to command the computer to do.

I read this differently the first time

Get your mind outta the gutter, ink.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.