Sabres trade Luke Adam to Columbus for Jerry D'Amigo

Hoss

@BuffaloSabres: TRADE ALERT: The #Sabres have acquired forward Jerry D'Amigo from @BlueJacketsNHL in exchange for Luke Adam.

Pure AHL trade:

@BuffaloSabres: #Sabres GM Tim Murray: “Jerry brings a tremendous work ethic to our organization and we know he’ll have an immediate impact with the Amerks"

Who and who?

Or maybe he'll get a callup eventually

Maybe. But it's pretty unlikely that they're going to ship somebody off to make room for him. D'Amigo has pretty much proven that he's nothing more than an AHL player to this point. The fact that Columbus has been destroyed by injuries and he never got a call should be a sign of where he's at.

Haven't seen his stats mentioned yet: he currently has 3 goals and 4 assists in 7 AHL games.

They're getting somebody who is emotional about what he does. So much so that he's feeling a "world wind" of emotions...

@LukeJAdam: World wind of emotions right now. Beyond excited for fresh start with @BlueJacketsNHL organization! Thankful for the new opportunity and

At least he didn't start waxing poetic about Nelson Mandela and his leadership on and off the ice.

I think we all know the turning point of Luker's career as a Sabre.

WARNING: Severe violence from 1:20 onward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPiC22gNjoM

Kassian never leard that lessons, excample sam gagner.

Adam wasn't going to hang around after this season anyways, switching career AHL players.

They're getting somebody who is emotional about what he does. So much so that he's feeling a "world wind" of emotions...

@LukeJAdam: World wind of emotions right now. Beyond excited for fresh start with @BlueJacketsNHL organization! Thankful for the new opportunity and

Oh.

My.

This is a minor move. Nothing to get too excited about to be honest. The fact is Luke Adam wasn't going to make the NHL in Buffalo. I have no problem with this deal, but the real deals will happen later in the season.

The bigger question...was Adam a negative influence in Rochester and since he had no future with the Sabres, why not send him packing for an AHL'er who can help the Amerks win, and be a positive influence on the youngsters.

Hey.. it's better than the guy who sat behind me at the last game. Two hooking penalties called and he yells out "Hey, we got a hooker on the ice!"

Sigh.

Was it a five year old? That's about the only excuse. One guy in my old section would yell " more passing" sarcastically every PP. I go into it with him a few times when they would shoot, get blocked and lead to a shorty. Then he'd tell me they need to take better shots, oh you mean they need to pass more to create those better shots right. :wallbash:

Was it a five year old? That's about the only excuse. One guy in my old section would yell " more passing" sarcastically every PP. I go into it with him a few times when they would shoot, get blocked and lead to a shorty. Then he'd tell me they need to take better shots, oh you mean they need to pass more to create those better shots right. :wallbash:

Sigh.. more like 65. I love how unrealistic fans are...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.