Do they cancel the Sabres/Sharks tomorrow? Nope.

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Indeed, I remember a similar situation on NYE 1998. Once I got off the main roads things were a lot easier. In your case, I'd back-track up to 20, out to Attica, over to Warsaw, and then down 19 to 39 and take 39 all the way into Springville. I'm not sure if Rt 98 out of Attica would be clear or not (being said from SE PA, so I have no knowledge of what's going on there. The weather in Warsaw says snow, but they're only talking about one inch in the forecast.

The plows are going down 98 and it's drive-able, but the visibility is very poor, near white out all day there, according to a friend of mine who lives on 98

Indeed, I remember a similar situation on NYE 1998. Once I got off the main roads things were a lot easier. In your case, I'd back-track up to 20, out to Attica, over to Warsaw, and then down 19 to 39 and take 39 all the way into Springville. I'm not sure if Rt 98 out of Attica would be clear or not (being said from SE PA, so I have no knowledge of what's going on there. The weather in Warsaw says snow, but they're only talking about one inch in the forecast.

there was a Jack Knifed truck blocking 77,i got the balls to make it around it, about 10 miles of zero visibility and white knucklin it, I made to to 98 and It looks like I'm outta the band, knock on wood I should be able to make it home in an hour or so!

The plows are going down 98 and it's drive-able, but the visibility is very poor, near white out all day there, according to a friend of mine who lives on 98

In that case, I'd take the "long" way (Warsaw/Rt 19/Rt 39). Anyone in Arcade know what it looks like there?

there was a Jack Knifed truck blocking 77,i got the balls to make it around it, about 10 miles of zero visibility and white knucklin it, I made to to 98 and It looks like I'm outta the band, knock on wood I should be able to make it home in an hour or so!

That's great to hear!

I am learning just how geographically ignorant I am. I have no idea where any of these routes are, except for 20, and even there, I'm a little confused.

This is why my father accuses me of needing a passport to cross Hertel Avenue, I suppose.

Even I know where 20A is! :P

I am learning just how geographically ignorant I am. I have no idea where any of these routes are, except for 20, and even there, I'm a little confused.

This is why my father accuses me of needing a passport to cross Hertel Avenue, I suppose.

I used to install direct TV a long time ago, therefore I have been on a lot of roads in the area.... Living in the southtowns helps too. I'm not sure if you're a city guy, but many of my friends and colleagues that grew up in the city area don't know much outside of their comfort routes

I used to install direct TV a long time ago, therefore I have been on a lot of roads in the area.... Living in the southtowns helps too. I'm not sure if you're a city guy, but many of my friends and colleagues that grew up in the city area don't know much outside of their comfort routes

I've driven through that area a lot in the last 15 years as it's on the way "home" to East Aurora. I'm a person who likes taking different routes to places so I've hit most of the big roads out there at one point or another. I like maps, it's just the way I'm wired.

I love exposing evil conspirators who protect an institution of child rape......we all have our different thrills I guess.

If you are offended by this post and not others in this thread.......I suggest you might want to buy a really big mirror.......

Dear SabreSpace:

It gives me no pleasure to do it, but I have suspended GoDD for 30 days.

He's made these jokes/insinuations/other comments about TP and Sandusky multiple times over the years. I have always found them offensive. It seems like a growing percentage of the group here (based on posts in threads, as well as PMs and reports to mods) is similarly offended.

A few days ago, after another round of these comments/backlash/reports to mods, I warned GoDD in a thread that unless he was willing to post a fully-cooked, reasoned, factually supported analysis that withstood critical review, we just couldn't have any more posts in this vein. He responded that I could ban him if I wanted. I told him (both publicly, in the thread, and via PM) that I didn't want to do that and more or less begged him not to make me do so. When we had a few days of quiet, I kinda hoped he had reconciled himself to leaving that topic alone.

And now here we are.

I really hope GoDD has a great Thanksgiving and comes back on Dec. 19 willing to respect the community's wishes on this.

(And while I think these are the community's wishes, I could be wrong. Please feel free to respond or PM me if you don't agree with this outcome.)

Thanks.

You're entitled to make any decision that you like. It's idiotic to be afraid of being sued for Ghost's comments, as they have basis in reality, and are aimed towards relevant public figures. You're protecting Cliff Benson, and persecuting Ghost of Dwight Drane. I'll take up the banner.

Did I say I was afraid of being sued?

Is this the minimum ban for a first time offense? Just curious; I've never seen anyone banned on here.

I don't think there's a set progression for suspension periods. In any case, this wasn't a first offense.

For the record: I think GoDD is a good guy and adds quite a bit to the board. I really hope he comes back. We're going to need all the good wit we can get for the interminable remainder of this misbegotten season.

Seems reasonable due process was followed.

Just for clarity:

The ban is for repeated unsupported libel after being requested by board management to cease and desist.

The ban is not for simply putting forth a half baked conspiracy theory. Correct? Because I occasionally love me some half baked internet conspiracy theories.

You're entitled to make any decision that you like. It's idiotic to be afraid of being sued for Ghost's comments, as they have basis in reality, and are aimed towards relevant public figures. You're protecting Cliff Benson, and persecuting Ghost of Dwight Drane. I'll take up the banner.

There's no persecution going on here. Ghost is making unsubstantiated statements about a very sensitive subject. I could easily do the same thing he's doing by insinuating that his persistence is strange and probably means that he's got an obsession with pedophiles. See where this can go?

There's no sense in allowing such unusual discourse to occur. Nothing good can come of it. Nothing.

I mean I'm indifferent to it really. I think 30 days might be a little harsh, but then again what he was saying never effected me directly. I would probably feel different had they. I wasn't in agreement with the Sandusky stuff, it annoyed me but it never offended me personally, so I usually just made a passing comment at it and left it at that. I can see how some people might get offended by that so I see where you're coming from Freeman. Like Eleven mentioned somewhere in here, there's better ways to come at an argument than to bring that up.

I like GoDD. He brings a different side to everything, and he stirs the pot, which I like. Obviously he went a little too far this time, but I'd be disappointed if he didn't come back.

Edited by WildCard

Yuri: Please stop this. You are impugning the reputations of presumably innocent men. You have linked to some sort of pro-JoePa blog and to an article that mentions no Sabres personnel. The fact that someone was on top of the books means nothing; my accountant has no idea what I do in my personal life and I doubt (and even hope) that yours has no idea what you do. If you want to pursue this, my plea is that you take it to the usual black helicopter conspiracy type boards. It has no place here unless and until reported by a reputable source. Hell, I'd even take Fox. What you are doing is both reckless and malignant.

Back to hockey. I hope.

Edited by Eleven

Seems reasonable due process was followed.

Just for clarity:

The ban is for repeated unsupported libel after being requested by board management to cease and desist.

The ban is not for simply putting forth a half baked conspiracy theory. Correct? Because I occasionally love me some half baked internet conspiracy theories.

Correct.

No, it was my assumption. Maybe Ghost didn't show due respect to a moderators request. Cliff Benson's involvement in the Sandusky coverup remains a loose end. It's safe to assume Cliff was brought in for his financial expertise in 2010. There are plenty of people still investigating this, and it's relevant here due to Cliff Benson's involvement with the Sabres and WNY community.

http://notpsu.blogsp...r-governor.html

"In a KDKA Pittsburgh article, a mother complained that Sandusky was interacting with children at the 2010 Summer Challenge camp. Sandusky attended other Second Mile banquets and events involving children as participants, after he lost his clearance to work with children. He was still very active in fundraising and promoting the charity well into 2011."

All that took place, with Cliif Benson minding the books.

Yuri: Please stop this. You are impugning the reputations of presumably innocent men. You have linked to some sort of pro-JoePa blog and to an article that mentions no Sabres personnel. The fact that someone was on top of the books means nothing; my accountant has no idea what I do in my personal life and I doubt (and even hope) that yours has no idea what you do. If you want to pursue this, my plea is that you take it to the usual black helicopter conspiracy type boards. It has no place here unless and until reported by a reputable source. Hell, I'd even take Fox. What you are doing is both reckless and malignant.

Back to hockey. I hope.

Beat me to it.

To the matter currently at hand.

I respect Ghost, thoroughly enjoy most of what he brings to the board and want him to be part of it.

He was fully aware of the consequences when he made his post and I would be surprised if he doesn't accept those consequences.

I hope he comes back. Freeman, you handled this appropriately.

To the reason I came to this thread:

It's one thing to watch newscasts about events like what is happening in Buffalo.

It is quite another to share those events secondhand through the eyes of a community of people I have never met, but in some strange way have come to regard as friends.

I have lived most of my life in a place that can go through an entire winter without snow.

I can only imagine what you are going through.

Take care of each other.

Ok. I'll delete it. If a reputable source comes about, you asked for it. Let's talk snow, and hockey, and politics, etc.

Part of me is a little jealous, I must admit. 30 day ban. Peanut butter and jaaaam!

Search

"What the ###### are you doing, Phil?"

To the matter currently at hand.

I respect Ghost, thoroughly enjoy most of what he brings to the board and want him to be part of it.

He was fully aware of the consequences when he made his post and I would be surprised if he doesn't accept those consequences.

I hope he comes back. Freeman, you handled this appropriately.

To the reason I came to this thread:

It's one thing to watch newscasts about events like what is happening in Buffalo.

It is quite another to share those events secondhand through the eyes of a community of people I have never met, but in some strange way have come to regard as friends.

I have lived most of my life in a place that can go through an entire winter without snow.

I can only imagine what you are going through.

Take care of each other.

Thank you for both of those sentiments, good sir.

No snow in BC? Or am I mis-remembering your whereabouts?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.