GDT: Detroit at Buffalo, Nov. 2, 2014, 5pm.

Eleven

I think he's my new favorite player!

No goal.com

2 assists and a +1 tonight for Strachan. While everyone jizzes over Myers and Gorges, they forget that we can't score as a team and our two "ice eating d-men" have a combined 1 point between them. At some point we need to generate offense from the back-end. That's my grand complaint about Myers. Defensively our top pair is very good.

2 assists and a +1 tonight for Strachan. While everyone jizzes over Myers and Gorges, they forget that we can't score as a team and our two "ice eating d-men" have a combined 1 point between them. At some point we need to generate offense from the back-end. That's my grand complaint about Myers. Defensively our top pair is very good.

First you need offense from your actual "offense", then worry about getting it from your D.

Also winning offensive zone faceoffs is a huge part of not being able to generate chances.

First you need offense from your actual "offense", then worry about getting it from your D.

Also winning offensive zone faceoffs is a huge part of not being able to generate chances.

I can't disagree more. In today's NHL, you need points from your defensemen. Put another way, if a guy is playing 25 minutes a game and is playing on the first power play unit, how can he have only 1 point through 13 games? That's not a true #1 defenseman in my book. You need to generate some offense from the backend. We got that today with 2 assists from Strachan and actually won a game.

Holy ######, they won!

I only got to see the third and the OT/SO.

I'm not sure I heard Zadarov's name called that whole time. Was he hurt earlier?

Deslauriers impressed me. He usually does. This guy is an ideal third liner.

Neuvirth: solid.

I know, Flynn scored a goal. He's still not an NHLer.

Question: Who the hell is Tyson Strachan and why did he equal last year's production in one game? Is he legit or is he some JAG we're going to suffer with?

And finally, with all apologies to Mr. Gionta, this team belongs to ZG. I want a real, old-fashioned team election for captain, and tell me that guy doesn't win. ALL OVER the place, at least in the third, and I think we know that he won the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.