GDT 10/25/2014: Sabres at San Jose Sharks 4PM EST MSG B, WGR

Brawndo

(Extends arm and hand in dramatic fashion out onto wind swept ledge)

"TAKE MY HAND! GRAB ONTO IT!"

Hell no! HELL NO! What's your temperature? SHOW ME THE THERMOMETER!

I love this line from the NHL.com recap:

"The Sabres had scored one goal over their previous four games before erupting for two in the third period."

Erupting!

The Sabres erupted the way Fred Rogers erupted at his cue card man.

Edited by PASabreFan

Good win today. We've got to remain competitive (regardless of how you feel about the tank). Sure we need better players, but the culture cannot be changed by flipping a switch. We need to teach the young guys to compete every night this year. So next year, and the year after, the talent increases but the culture of competing and winning is already instilled.

Good win today. We've got to remain competitive (regardless of how you feel about the tank). Sure we need better players, but the culture cannot be changed by flipping a switch. We need to teach the young guys to compete every night this year. So next year, and the year after, the talent increases but the culture of competing and winning is already instilled.

Good thought. And maybe it explains the lack of a "system." What good are notebooks if you can't read?

Neuvirth was good today

The Sabres blocked 31 shots and SJ missed the net another 10 times atleast.

Samson is learning, got a point and made some nice plays at both ends.

Yup, he won a couple of important d-zone face offs in the 3rd. And TN seemed to give the 4th line more ice after the goal. I think he's here for the season and they are just going to build him in slowly. 2nd line by Dec.

Yup, he won a couple of important d-zone face offs in the 3rd. And TN seemed to give the 4th line more ice after the goal. I think he's here for the season and they are just going to build him in slowly. 2nd line by Dec.

Huge win by Reinhart vs Thornton in D zone up by 1 with a couple mins left. Ballsy move by Nolan.

Well, I don't think the Sabres got SJ's A game, or even their B game. Still, I'm happy for the boys -- they earned it and they seemed pretty happy leaving the ice.

A few game notes:

- Myers and Gorges looked very solid.

- Just when I was remarking to myself that Hodgson is becoming my new least favorite Sabre, he made a very nice play for the goal.

- I didn't see a good replay of SJ's goal, but it seemed pretty soft. Still Neuvirth played well.

- I'm having a hard time seeing anyone giving up anything good for Stafford or Stewart.

- There were stretches when the Sabres' 4th line was its most entertaining line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.