GDT: 10/23/2014 Sabres at Los Angeles Kings 10:30 EST. MSG, WGR

Brawndo

I can't believe I predicted this team would manage 40 more goals than last year :lol:

I can't believe we were worried on losing out on Mceichel :P

I think Zadorov should play more, but I thought he looked confused/lost a couple of times. Expected that, though.

Normal if you are being benched for so long, but yeah put him in more.

For starters I like this new Myers, he seems far more chippy and angry

Stafford seems to have finally became a man since Nolan came, sticking up for his teammates

We seem better as of the last couple games, but we're just unlucky to be also playing really good teams, with good goaltending.

I wish they'd scratch Mezaros already, put in Zadorov, he can't be worse on defense.

1 goal in 4 games. Amazing.

I was just checking the league +/- stats. The Sabres do not have a single player with a "+" rating. That's amazing too.

Sabres are now down to an average of 1 goal per game.

Meszaros' +/- of -9 actually exceeds the number of games (8) that the Sabres have played. LOL

ANDDDD....... discounting the Carolina game (where half their goals this season were scored) the Sabres have scored 4 goals in 7 games. That would be 0.57 goals per game.

So they're due to score their one goal per 2 games against San Jose. If Enroth could pitch a shut out they might win.

Edited by Jsixspd

The "new Myers" obviously can read and has ears. He knows he is involved in trade talks. He also knows that if he busts his ass he could very well end up in Detroit or Anaheim. If that isn't motivation nothing is.

We would be fools to think otherwise.

In the meantime he is killing my fantasy team. We penalize for PIMs in the league I'm in and he has been on a Left Coast tear.

Edited by wjag

Myers' doofy manner and penalties bother me. It seems like every 3-5 games some guy disrespects him and Myers instead of just laying the wood on some big hits later, overreacts like some 13 year old who's been bullied too much and snaps like Adam Sandler in "Waterboy." And his reactions are all show, which is why it keeps happening. I think at least twice this year we've seen his agitators chuckling about it after they ###### with him. He's almost like an idiot savant of some kind.

Myers' doofy manner and penalties bother me. It seems like every 3-5 games some guy disrespects him and Myers instead of just laying the wood on some big hits later, overreacts like some 13 year old who's been bullied too much and snaps like Adam Sandler in "Waterboy." And his reactions are all show, which is why it keeps happening. I think at least twice this year we've seen his agitators chuckling about it after they ###### with him. He's almost like an idiot savant of some kind.

without the savant.

Sabola???

Both do cause nausea and vomiting

And bleeding from the eyes.

Missed the game but it sounds like, based on the GDT, all I missed was more of the same. I find it hard to believe this team still doesn't have a single power play goal.

The broadcast mentioned that Winnipeg and Minnesota also have not scored on the power play yet. As for the same, I don't know whether to attribute it to the Sabres or the opponents, but the last two games in SoCal the Sabres have looked like an NHL team. Not a good team, but a team that is playing better than last year and the first few games of this year.

We look at this team and see losses and sad play, etc.

It may turn around.

For what it's worth, the Sabres have played the following teams with the following records:

Anaheim (2x) - 6-1 (Tied 1st in the NHL) - w/ Montreal and Nashville (no kidding!)

Los Angeles - 5-1-1 (Tied 4th in the NHL) - w/ Calgary (no kidding!)

Chicago - 4-1-1 (8th in the NHL)

Boston - 4-5 (Tied 11th in the NHL)

Columbus - 4-2 (Tied 11th in the NHL)

Florida - 2-2 (22nd in the league)

Carolina - 0-4-2 (Tied for 29th with the Sabres)

Perhaps things will improve when they play the middle of the pack. They still look completely outmatched against the top teams in the league.

They are still lost out there. They sure as hell aren't moving. I've never seen a team stand still as much as they do, in every zone.

They aren't supposed to beat teams like Anaheim or LA or Chicago.

They do look bad, and they should against those teams.

Was at the game at Staples last night. Good times.

Kings' jumbotron does a bit where they show a Kings fan then a opposing fan and repeat, so the crowd cheers then boos then cheers then boos. Because I was close to the camera, and maybe because I have a beard, I was chosen to be the face of evil. I ended up on the jumbotron all night long. A bunch of my hockey playing buddies have Kings season tickets but weren't sitting near me or maybe even knew I was going to the game, so as soon as they saw me, my phone blew up. Even a friend from high school that lives out here, whom I hadn't talked to in years and years, chatted me up on facebook because she saw me on the jumbotron. In the third period, the Kings' mascot (Bailey the Lion) decided to come on down and ###### with me, so pretended I was going to fight him- he pulled away a high five, so my buddy "held me back." The kids (about 10 and 13) sitting behind me thought it was hilarious.

Kings fans were overwhelmingly respectful. Got a lot of handshakes and high fives for being "jumbotron guy" and a good sport. Only one or two had few enough brain cells to yell out "Sabres suck" near me, but when I retorted that we're one game closer to Connor McDavid, they quickly developed a cow stare, as they didn't know anything about anything. Pretty damn good percentage of friendlies for being in "enemy" territory.

Post-gamed at the nearest Irish bar (within two blocks of Staples), walked in, and it was empty except for about a dozen Sabres fans. So we knocked back a few and had some good laughs.

Kings' jumbotron does a bit where they show a Kings fan then a opposing fan and repeat, so the crowd cheers then boos then cheers then boos. Because I was close to the camera, and maybe because I have a beard, I was chosen to be the face of evil. I ended up on the jumbotron all night long. A bunch of my hockey playing buddies have Kings season tickets but weren't sitting near me or maybe even knew I was going to the game, so as soon as they saw me, my phone blew up. Even a friend from high school that lives out here, whom I hadn't talked to in years and years, chatted me up on facebook because she saw me on the jumbotron. In the third period, the Kings' mascot (Bailey the Lion) decided to come on down and ###### with me, so pretended I was going to fight him- he pulled away a high five, so my buddy "held me back." The kids (about 10 and 13) sitting behind me thought it was hilarious.

Kings fans were overwhelmingly respectful. Got a lot of handshakes and high fives for being "jumbotron guy" and a good sport. Only one or two had few enough brain cells to yell out "Sabres suck" near me, but when I retorted that we're one game closer to Connor McDavid, they quickly developed a cow stare, as they didn't know anything about anything. Pretty damn good percentage of friendlies for being in "enemy" territory.

Post-gamed at the nearest Irish bar (within two blocks of Staples), walked in, and it was empty except for about a dozen Sabres fans. So we knocked back a few and had some good laughs.

Was that you slumping over when they showed you?

Represent.

This would be a reason for the NHL to shut down operations if McDavid goes to Carolina.

I believe you made the TV Broadcast as well, where you drinking a beer during one of the segments?

Must be nice to be a Kings fan. Not knowing who McDavid is a perfect example of why some teams don't worry about the top of the draft. Who they pick next June is the last thing any of them are thinking about.

Except every slightly attentive hockey fan knows who McDavid is.

Sue me but I always thought stafford would be appropriate for depth scoring.

Nobody is gonna sew you up after I'm done with you. Them's fighting words.

Must be nice to be a Kings fan. Not knowing who McDavid is a perfect example of why some teams don't worry about the top of the draft. Who they pick next June is the last thing any of them are thinking about.

Ahh what the hell we've been over this hundreds of times already, but what's once more....

This is as it should be with teams that are likely picking in the 20's. Picking there is a crapshoot at the very best. Picking in the top five most definitely is not.

Ahh what the hell we've been over this hundreds of times already, but what's once more....

This is as it should be with teams that are likely picking in the 20's. Picking there is a crapshoot at the very best. Picking in the top five most definitely is not.

And like I said it must be nice to not worry about it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.