Who do you want to be here for the future?

Johnny DangerFace

The Future Core  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do you Want to be part of the future Core?

• NICOLAS DESLAURIERS
    • TYLER ENNIS
    • BRIAN FLYNN
    • MARCUS FOLIGNO
    • BRIAN GIONTA
    • ZEMGUS GIRGENSONS
    • CODY HODGSON
    • PATRICK KALETA
    • CODY MCCORMICK
    • TORREY MITCHELL
    • MATT MOULSON
    • DREW STAFFORD
    • CHRIS STEWART
    • ANDRE BENOIT
    • JOSH GORGES
    • ANDREJ MESZAROS
    • TYLER MYERS
    • MIKE WEBER

Okay, its no secret that most of our future core is in the prospect system, and is going to be drafted next summer. But who do you want on this team as part of our future team and what role do you see them having?

For me it is:

Girgensons

Myers

Deslauriers - A bottom six tough grinder

Foligno - if he can cut down on the turnovers, he can be a good bottom six guy and provide depth scoring

Kaleta - if he can play smart, he is an effective grinder.

Hodgson, Ennis, and Stewart are bubble guys for me. They all have some major weaknesses, but could be solid top 6 guys if they can put it together.

Flynn, mccormick, meszaros, mitchell, benoit, and weber just aren't talented enough

Stafford is stafford

Gionta, gorges, moulson are going to be old

Edited by Numark

Speaking of the future, I just got done watching Donnie Darko (great movie). I'm really hoping to wake up tomorrow and find out that it's 11:59 AM on July 7, 2007,… and a jet engine has fallen out of the sky landed on me while sleeping in bed.

Ditto

Me 3. I don't need anyone else on that list. Not one of them.

Edit: ###### Tyler Myers right in the ear!!! Hit the ###### net with a ###### slapshot one ###### time you ###### waste of ###### space and size!

Edited by ubkev

Me 3. I don't need anyone else on that list. Not one of them.

Make that 4 nobody else seems to give the effort he does so I won't be upset to see any of them gone. One disclaimer would be DeLauriers. If he could score once in a while would be nice. But then you can say that about any of them.

Myers - Gorges

Moulson - with a good center he scores 30 goals a season.

Zemgus

Marcus - not deslauriers because i think marcus is more talented

Kaleta, he can be on the 4th line with marcus.

I just don't see any room for ennis if we draft Mceichel and with already Samson and Grigorenko waiting for a top 6 spot.

Hodgson is on the bubble if he can make an effective top 6 winger.

Deslauriers

Girgensons

Moulson

Kaleta

Myers

I wouldn't have said Deslauriers before, but I liked his attitude in his interview the last game (after the first period, I think?). He knows his role and is happy to do that to the best of his ability.

Really depends on when we're talking about. Two years from now, when we're just commencing the real competition, just starting to bring in UFAs, and probably still developing some kids from the next draft, looks awfully different from five-six years from now, when we're fully built and crushing the Eastern Conference.

The more immediate core has guys like Gionta, Moulson, Foligno, and possibly Kaleta, wherein later on, if they're still around, may be fringe.

Truly long-term core guys you build a team with/around: Girgensens. Very good core-complimentary pieces: Myers. Edge between fringe and core: Gorges (with upside), Ennis, Hodgson, and maybe Deslauriers.

• 4 weeks later...

From the guys listed:

Deslauriers - good 4th liner

Ennis - good effort and drive can play on the wing when we get better centers and can fill in at center in a pinch

Girgensons - no explanation needed

Kaleta - good 4th liner

McCormick - good 4th liner

Moulson - will be good with a better center

Stewart - tough and has talent. Hopefully he'll play better surrounded with better players

Gorges - good pairing with Myers

Myers - good pairing with Gorges

Weber - sticks up for team mates and a good bottom pair or 7th D-man to have if he's not asked to do too much

From the guys listed:

Deslauriers - good 4th liner

Ennis - good effort and drive can play on the wing when we get better centers and can fill in at center in a pinch

Girgensons - no explanation needed

Kaleta - good 4th liner

McCormick - good 4th liner

Moulson - will be good with a better center

Stewart - tough and has talent. Hopefully he'll play better surrounded with better players

Gorges - good pairing with Myers

Myers - good pairing with Gorges

Weber - sticks up for team mates and a good bottom pair or 7th D-man to have if he's not asked to do too much

If half of this were true then this team wouldn't be last in the league two seasons in a row.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.