GDT: Florida at Buffalo, 7pm

wjag

A scintillating match up between the the 28th place Buffalo Sabres verses the 29th place Panthers.

Florida has a stunning 3 goals for versus 9 against through 3 games. Buffalo meanwhile has 8 for and 17 against through 4 games.

First goal for in this game could be huge.

This is edge of your seat stuff. This is one of the 12 or so premier match ups in the Carrion Hockey League.

Meanwhile, the Isles are in first place in the whole NHL.. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Edited by Spndnchz

I think the thing to watch this year is Zemgus. If he continues to elevate his game he can be a real spark plug for this team. Tonight is the type of game against a weak opponent I want to see him dominate.

Also #FreeSamson 6mins a night is a freaking joke.

Oh Lord, though are so great and powerful and magnificent. How just and good though are, and how low, insignificant and meek we be. Grant us just wish in this short and uncertain life, our noble saviour. May we see a Sabre's power play goal oh merciful one. A light to guide us in this oh so uncertain times. Though we be wicked and lousy win sin, allow us just once to taste the fruit of success on the man advantage

Oh Lord, though are so great and powerful and magnificent. How just and good though are, and how low, insignificant and meek we be. Grant us just wish in this short and uncertain life, our noble saviour. May we see a Sabre's power play goal oh merciful one. A light to guide us in this oh so uncertain times. Though we be wicked and lousy win sin, allow us just once to taste the fruit of success on the man advantage

Only 3 other teams are scoreless on the Power Play: Rangers, Wild & the Jets. Who will hold out the longest (probably us).

Looking over the stats page it's also alarming that the Sabres are dead last in Face-off % at 38.5%. The next team is the Rangers at 44.7

It's gonna be a loooong year.

My God the Panthers lineup doesn't look as bad as I thought:

Projected Lineup

36 Jussi Jokinen – 16 Aleksander Barkov – 12 Jimmy Hayes

11 Jonathan Huberdeau – 27 Nick Bjugstad – 19 Scottie Upshall

20 Sean Bergenheim – 63 Dave Bolland – 14 Tomas Fleischmann

82 Tomas Kopecky – 17 Derek MacKenzie – 24 Brad Boyes

x: 22 Shawn Thornton, 73 Brandon Pirri

51 Brian Campbell – 5 Aaron Ekblad

33 Willie Mitchell – 7 Dmitry Kulikov

4 Dylan Olsen – 44 Erik Gudbranson

x: 47 Colby Robak

1 Roberto Luongo

35 Al Montoya

I'm going. I'll be in my usual Chet and Muffy section but implore you if you are near me and bring children to this game make sure they don't kick my seat and do not interfere with my enjoyment of the game.

I do not want to let inkman or sickinfla know about this should that occur, but I will not be responsible for their actions if any kids near us cause issues.

The tank is over against all bottom feeding teams. Sabres 4 Panthers 2

I'm guessing they are scratchin Stratchen but not sure. Ok I know that was sad.

Edit - After some online digging that appears to be the case.

Nikita?

My God the Panthers lineup doesn't look as bad as I thought:

Projected Lineup

36 Jussi Jokinen – 16 Aleksander Barkov – 12 Jimmy Hayes

11 Jonathan Huberdeau – 27 Nick Bjugstad – 19 Scottie Upshall

20 Sean Bergenheim – 63 Dave Bolland – 14 Tomas Fleischmann

82 Tomas Kopecky – 17 Derek MacKenzie – 24 Brad Boyes

x: 22 Shawn Thornton, 73 Brandon Pirri

51 Brian Campbell – 5 Aaron Ekblad

33 Willie Mitchell – 7 Dmitry Kulikov

4 Dylan Olsen – 44 Erik Gudbranson

x: 47 Colby Robak

1 Roberto Luongo

35 Al Montoya

They do have some talent on that roster. If they can put it all together they should be fun to watch

I'm going. I'll be in my usual Chet and Muffy section but implore you if you are near me and bring children to this game make sure they don't kick my seat and do not interfere with my enjoyment of the game.

I do not want to let inkman or sickinfla know about this should that occur, but I will not be responsible for their actions if any kids near us cause issues.

The tank is over against all bottom feeding teams. Sabres 4 Panthers 2

Nikita?

Quick story. A few years back one of my sons dropped a ketchup packet during the national anthem. He decided to step on it as hard as he could. Exploded and went all over the guy in front of us. Unfortunately he was not wearing the slug red jersey. Everyone around us saw it and started laughing. I apologized to the guy and offered him $20 for cleaning. He was cool and thankfully did not knock my or my kids teeth down our throat.

Quick story. A few years back one of my sons dropped a ketchup packet during the national anthem. He decided to step on it as hard as he could. Exploded and went all over the guy in front of us. Unfortunately he was not wearing the slug red jersey. Everyone around us saw it and started laughing. I apologized to the guy and offered him $20 for cleaning. He was cool and thankfully did not knock my or my kids teeth down our throat.

And what did you do to your son, out of curiosity.

I have no dog in this fight really.

And what did you do to your son, out of curiosity.

I have no dog in this fight really.

I have to admit it was hard not to laugh - as most dads know sometimes the hardest part is acting like your pissed. Pretty much told him do something like that again and we will never go to a game again. When the guy that he blasted was being cool to him his eyes welled up with tears. Sometimes you know you don't have to say much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.